Are you planning on getting an Aadhaar card for yourself or for someone you know? Then you should be aware of how to book an Aadhaar card appointment. You can book an Aadhaar card appointment in both offline as well as online mode. This practice will save you the hassle of never-ending queues and long waiting periods.
Now, we have compiled all the information you need on how to book an Aadhar card appointment in one place. You just need to scroll down and read.
How to Book an Appointment?
You can visit the following link to schedule an appointment: appointments.uidai.gov.in
-Your Aadhaar appointment scheduling can be done online with UIDAI Kendra Seva
-Click Make an appointment now, after choosing the centre’s name
-Select the service you wish to use. Updated Aadhaar or new Aadhaar
-Enter your cellphone number, complete the captcha, and click submit. Enter the OTP that was sent to your phone.
-A form to fill out the necessary information is provided when your mobile device has successfully authenticated. Complete the relevant fields, then submit the form.
How to Get Enrolment For Aadhaar Card Online?
If you want to get an Aadhaar card for yourself or help someone who needs an Aadhaar card, then enrolment for Aadhaar is the first and most important step in this whole process. This can be done online and offline.
The whole process looks like the following:
- You need to book an Aadhaar card appointment online by going to the UIDAI website, you can also apply for an electronic aadhaar card, sometimes referred to as an e-aadhaar card.
- To apply for an Aadhaar card, the initial step is to look for a local enrollment site. A user can schedule an appointment online or offline after discovering the enrolling centre.
- You need to complete the form online by providing all the required details. It is vital that you are present at the centre on the day selected for verification.
- Once you have provided the details, then you need to submit your biometric data. this includes all 10 fingerprints as well as the retina scan of both of your eyes.
- After you are done with the whole process, you will be provided with an Aadhaar Enrolment Number.
Also Check: Aadhaar Virtual ID
Process of Aadhaar Card Enrolment
If you are going for Aadhaar enrolment, then know that there are three approaches:
- Document Basis: You would have to provide the form along with one proof of identity (POI) as well as one valid proof of address (POA).
- Head of Family Basis: A head of the family can introduce their own family members through the means of official documents.
- Introducer Basis: If you do not have the required identification documents, you can use the services of an introducer. This person is appointed by the Registrar. They have a valid Aadhaar number.
- You can book your Aadhaar card appointment by visiting
- Features like nationwide portability, UID structure and demographic de-duplications make the Aadhaar card different from other identity proof documents
- You need to visit the nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra, to book your Aadhaar card appointment offline.
Appointment For Aadhaar Card Acquisition
- If you want to enroll into Aadhaar, know that you can do it two ways. One is a simple walk in -process. Or you can do it online through the UIDAI website.
- You can go for the online process to get yourself an Aadhaar card appointment through the UIDAI website. It will save you from all the trouble of standing in long queues.
- To make an Aadhaar card appointment, you need to provide citizen’s email id, contact number, state, city and many other important information.
- Once you are done with the steps above, you can choose the “Fix Appointment” button.
- Now that you have a fixed Aadhaar appointment, you can go for the registration process.
How to Find an Aadhaar Sewa Kendra?
- Go to the UIDAI website.
- Under the ‘My Aadhaar’ section, click on ‘Get Aadhaar’.
- Open the ‘Locate an Enrollment Centre’ link.
- Once you have this link open, you will be asked to provide details like locality, district, city, state, and postal (PIN) code. All these details will help the website in figuring out which Aadhaar Seva Kendra or Aadhaar Enrolment Centre is the nearest to you.
- after you have provided all the required details, you need to type in the CAPTCHA text.
- Select the ‘Locate a Centre’ option.
How to Reschedule or Cancel Aadhaar Card Online Appointment?
The breakout of the novel coronavirus has altered the world in more ways than one. With stringent rules regarding social distancing and lockdowns, people could not avail many outdoor facilities and services.
Therefore, The Unique Identification Authority of India allowed people to cancel or reschedule their Aadhaar card appointment according to their safety and comfort. Follow the steps mentioned below to cancel/reschedule your Aadhaar appointment booking:
- Visit the official website: appointments.uidai.gov.in
Go to ‘My Aadhaar’ and click on the option ‘Book and Appointment’
- In order to ensure that you get an Aadhaar card appointment centre close to you, select your city and simultaneously enter your email address and mobile number.
- Now, a Captcha code will flash on your screen; once you have entered it, click on the option ‘Send OTP’.
- Once you have filled in the correct OTP, your Aadhaar appointment ID will be displayed on the screen. Go to the drop-down menu and click the option ‘booking details’.
- You will see a pop-up option of ‘Do You Want to Reschedule?’. Click on ‘Yes’.
- In the next step, click on the ‘book appointment’ option and select your preferred date and time.
- Once you have filled in everything, click ‘Confirm’.
You will find your new Aadhaar card appointment on this list. Once you have downloaded it, remember to take a printout of it and remember to carry it to your Aadhaar centre appointment.
Also Read: How to Update Aadhaar in EPFO?
How to Book an Appointment for an Aadhaar Card Offline?
Even though most people prefer availing online services, every organization and institution offers people an option to visit them in person to complete their enrolment/application processes. Similar to the Aadhaar card online appointment, the offline process is also simple.
To book an Aadhaar card appointment offline, you need to visit the nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra and complete the following steps:
- Apply for an Aadhaar enrolment.
- In the next steps, update your name, mobile number, email ID, gender, date of birth and address.
- Lastly, the people in charge will update your biometrics (fingerprints, iris, and photo).
- Once you have completed these steps, your Aadhaar card appointment will be booked.
Did You Know?
Many people believe that the Aadhaar number has a logic behind it. However, it is a random number that is devoid of any pattern or intelligence.
Word to Remember
In a demographic de-duplication, the MOSIP system efficiently compares demographic data like gender, date, date of birth, etc., of the residents against the stored data present in the MOSIP system.
A few decades ago, government processes took a lot of time and energy. However, with digitization, the government of India has also accelerated their procedures with online services and platforms.
You just need to collate your personal credentials and documents, visit the online UIDAI website and follow the above-mentioned steps. Now that we have equipped fully equipped you for the process, book your Aadhaar card appointment today!
In several cases, people deactivate or lose their mobile numbers due to multiple reasons. Also, if a person has switched their mobile number, it is possible to update UAIDAI’s database. Here are some simple steps to change your mobile number on the Aadhaar card:
– Visit your nearest Aadhaar enrolment centre.
– Ask for a correction form/Aadhaar update form
– Carefully fill in your personal details and hand them to the executive in charge.
– Pay the official fees of Rs. 50.
– Collect the acknowledgement slip which carries the URN or Update Request Number.
– Through this, you will be able to check or track the status of your update request.
– Within 90 days, your new mobile number will be updated in Aadhaar’s database.
No, to update your Aadhaar card, you have to book an appointment since it requires all biometric updates like photographs and fingerprints. Thus, it is essential to visit the Aadhaar enrolment centre.
You have to book an appointment by choosing your preferred time and date. Since the average capacity to handle enrolments goes up to 1000, UIDAI issues that ASKs will be open for the whole week, including weekends. However, it is important to book an appointment before visiting.
Residents can visit their nearest Aadhaar, Seva Kendra, for several services like an update of personal information, Aadhaar enrollment, biometric data like iris scans, photo, fingerprints, and more.