UIDAI, the authority that overlooks all the Aadhaar-related services, provides the Aadhaar cardholders with Aadhaar online services. These services are available at the UIDAI website and Aadhaar mobile application as well.
Aadhaar online services include verifying Aadhaar Number, verifying Email or Mobile number of the Aadhaar cardholder, retrieving lost or forgotten Aadhaar Enrollment ID (EID) or Virtual ID (VID), etc. along with locking or unlocking Aadhaar services. Let’s learn about these in detail.
Aadhaar Online Services – What is included?
Look at the above image. All the components mentioned under the “Aadhaar Services” column are the services offered by UIDAI. These services are provided apart from the ones stated in the “Get Aadhaar” and “Update Your Aadhaar” columns.
Basic Online Services to Get an Aadhaar:
- Locate an Aadhaar Enrollment Centre
- Book an Aadhaar Appointment
- Download Aadhaar
- Order Aadhaar PVC
- Online Update Address in Aadhaar
- Check Aadhaar Update Status
- Verify an Aadhaar Number
- Verify Email or Mobile Number
- Retrieve Lost or Forgotten Enrollment ID or Virtual ID
- Generate Virtual ID (VID)
- Check Aadhaar/Bank Linking Status
- Aadhaar Mitra
How to Order Aadhaar PVC Online?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to get your Aadhaar PVC Card:
- Go to UIDAI official website
- Click the “My Aadhaar” tab
- Under the “Get Aadhaar” column, select “Order Aadhaar PVC Card”
- Fill the online form (refer the above image)
- Click on “Send OTP”
- Enter the OTP that you received on your registered mobile number
- Follow the steps as they appear on your screen
Make a payment of Rs 50 via credit card, debit card, netbanking or UPI to complete the order of Aadhaar PVC Card
How to Online Update Address in Aadhaar?
- Visit UIDAI official website – uidai.gov.in
- Click on “Update Your Aadhaar Status” under My Aadhaar
- Now, again click on “My Aadhaar”
- A menu will open as shown above – select “Update Address Online”
- A message will appear as shown above – click “OK”
- You’ll be taken to My Aadhaar page – Aadhaar Self Service Update Page (SSUP)
- Click on “Login” to access the online address update service
- Follow the steps that appear on your screen and online update your address in Aadhaar easily
How to Check Aadhaar Update Status?
To check the status of any update that you made in your Aadhaar, follow the steps given here:
Type uidai.gov.in in your web browser and enter the UIDAI official website
Open “My Aadhaar” and click on “Check Aadhaar Update Status” from the elaborated menu thus opened
Fill this form and click on “submit” to check Aadhaar status online
How to Verify Aadhaar Number Online?
- Visit UIDAI website
- Open “My Aadhaar” tab
- Select “Verify an Aadhaar Number”
- Enter your Aadhaar Number and Captcha
- Click on “Proceed and Verify Aadhaar”
How to Verify Email/Mobile Number for Aadhaar
- Open the UIDAI website
- Follow this: “My Aadhaar” > “Verify Email/Mobile Number”
- The following form will appear
- Enter the required details in this form
- Click on “Send OTP”
- If your number matches the UIDAI records, an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number – Enter this in the space provided
If mobile number you entered does not match the UIDAI data, you will get the same message on your screen. In such a case, please visit your nearby Aadhaar Update Centre and get your mobile number updated.
How to Check Aadhaar/Bank Linking Status?
- Go to UIDAI
- Click on “My Aadhaar”
- Select “Check Aadhaar/Bank Linking Status”
- Enter your Aadhaar Number or Virtual ID and Captcha
- Click on “Send OTP”
- Enter the OTP sent to your Aadhaar registered mobile number
- Click on “Submit” to check your bank and Aadhaar linking status
Following the trend of AI-powered chat bots like ChatGPT and Google’s Bard, UIDAI has launched its own chatbot service – Aadhaar Mitra. This is an AI/ML (Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning) powered chatbot which will answer Aadhar-related queries.
Important details about Aadhaar Mitra
- Available on UIDAI myAadhaar website and mobile app
- Answers any query related to Aadhaar
- No need to make any updates in your mobile for using Aadhaar Mitra
- It is totally free of cost
Aadhaar Online Service: FAQs
You can update your name, date of birth, gender, address and language through Aadhaar Update Online Services.
There is a fee of Rs 50 for updating demographic details in Aadhaar.
Date of birth can be changed in your Aadhaar only once. In exceptional cases, it can be changed twice.
Your name in Aadhaar can be updated twice in a lifetime. Gender update: Once in lifetime and Date of Birth: Once in lifetime (may be done twice for exceptional cases)
Refer this PDF to get a complete list of documents for updating details in Aadhaar: Aadhaar Documents
No. There is only one Aadhaar Number per person for lifetime. Updates in Aadhaar Card do not impact the Aadhaar Number in any way.
Aadhaar Mitra is an AI/ML powered chatbot launched by UIDAI to help users get instant answers to their Aadhaar-related queries. It is free of cost and is available on UIDAI website and mobile app, both.