The Prime Minister of India introduced the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana on December 1, 2018, to fund eligible farmers of India. This is a government scheme in which all farmers will receive rupees 6000 per year in four installments. With an investment of around rupees 75000 crores, this scheme will cover around 125 million farmers across India.
We will now discuss more about this scheme. We will brief the eligibility, reasons for applying to this scheme, how you can apply and the PM Kisan Aadhar link procedure.
1. PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme is an initiative started by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi to supplement the earnings of farmers.
2. The Scheme has been revised to include all farmer families.
3. Farmers wishing to apply to this scheme have to link their Aadhar to their bank accounts.
How to link Bank Account to Aadhaar? PM Kisan Scheme
The PM Kisan Yojana comes under the Agriculture Department, Cooperation and Farmer Welfare Department.
Below mentioned are the steps by which one can link their Aadhaar to this scheme.
- You will have to visit the bank branch wherein your Aadhar card is linked to.
- In the presence of the bank officer, put your signature on a photocopy of the Aadhar card. Always carry the original Aadhar card with you as well.
- After verification of the Aadhaar card, the online Aadhaar seeding will be done by the bank.
- The Aadhaar number (which is a 12-digit unique verification number) will be filled in
- After verification, the applicant will receive a text message on their registered mobile number regarding the linking of Aadhaar to the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana.
PM Kisan Aadhar Link status check: online
Now let us brief you regarding how to check PM Kisan Aadhar link status online. You must follow the steps mentioned below.
- Visit the official website of the PM Kisan scheme https://pmkisan.gov.in/
- Click on the farmer’s market section
- Select the link to edit Aadhar failed records
- By using any of the following: Aadhar number, bank account number, mobile number, or the farmer’s name, you can find your information.
PM Kisan Aadhaar link: Bank Account Balance Check
As of now, the government has distributed 11 installments to this scheme. We will now explain the procedure to check your bank account for the amount credited under this Yojana.
- You must visit the official website of Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme.
All updates regarding the scheme are mentioned on this webpage.
- Go to the ‘Farmer’s corner’ section.
- Select the beneficiary status option. This includes the application status for PM Kisan Scheme. It will have the farmer’s name and the amount credited to his/her bank account.
- Then you must select your state, district, sub-district, block and then village one by one from the drop-down menu.
- After this, click on ‘Get Report’
Who Can or Cannot Apply for the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme
Let us discuss the criteria for being eligible to reap benefits of this scheme, and who cannot apply.
- Farmer families with cultivable landholdings in their name
- Small and marginal farmers, from both rural and urban areas
- An Indian citizen
People who cannot apply:
- People having institutional landholdings such as government farms, sugarcane factories, cooperative farms and trusts managing a portion of land.
- Current or retired officers and employees of the Central or State government, along with those in public sector undertakings and other government autonomous bodies.
- Individuals or farmer families who hold or have held a constitutional post
- Regular employees of local government bodies
- Present and former ministers of the Central and State governments
- Present and former members of the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha
- Present or former Mayor of any Municipal Corporation
- Present or former Chairperson of District Panchayat
- Present and former members of the State Legislative Assembly and State Legislative Council
There are some other conditions as well by which a person loses eligibility for the PM Kisan Samaan Nidhi Scheme:
- A person, along with his/her family, who has retired and receives a pension of Rs. 10000 or above cannot apply to this scheme
- Individuals who filed income tax in the previous assessment year are not eligible for this scheme, along with their families
- Individuals pursuing professional careers such as doctors, lawyers, architects, and engineers are also not eligible for this scheme, along with their families
Why Apply for the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme?
The reason is simple; all eligible farmers deserve their right to supplement their earnings with this scheme. They would receive a total of Rs. 6000 per annum, in 3 installments, after every four months.
How to Apply to the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme?
Farmers can voluntarily apply for this scheme by contributing their own fundings to their Kisan Samman Nidhi fund. Farmers who wish to apply will have to fill up and sign an enrollment-cum-auto-debit-mandate form, through which they will give their consent for auto-debiting their bank account. This amount will be credited to their PM-Kisan benefits.
The details regarding the application are listed below:
- The prospective beneficiaries will approach CSC (Common Service Centre e-Governance Services India Limited – Special Purpose Vehicle) for enrollment.
- They can also approach the Local Revenue Officer or a Nodal Officer.
- The CSC will validate the following details from the passbook of the beneficiary
- Customer name
- Customer account number
- IFCS/MICR code
- Mobile number
- Other details that would be mandatory
- Apart from this, Aadhar, citizenship certificate and landholding papers also must be submitted. The PM Kisan Aadhaar Link
Word to Remember
SMF (Small and Marginal Farmers)- A farmer who holds cultivable land upto 2 hectares as per land records of the concerned State/UT
CSC (Common Service Centre e-Governance Services India Limited – Special Purpose Vehicle)- CSCs are the access points for delivery of essential public utility services, social welfare schemes, healthcare, financial, education and agriculture services, apart from host to B2C services to citizens in rural and remote areas of the city.
Yes. The scheme has been revised to cover all farmer families, irrespective of the size of their land holdings.
ln case of incorrect declaration, the beneficiary shall be liable to pay back transferred financial benefit and other penal actions as per law.
The cut-off date for determining the eligibility of beneficiaries under the scheme is 01 .02.2019 and no changes thereafter shall be considered for eligibility of benefit under the scheme for next 5 years, with the exception of transfer of land on succession in case of death of landholder.
Read more about how to Link Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number.