True to its name, Aadhaar has become the basis of an Indian Resident’s Identification. If you have Aadhaar, most of your documents can be sorted by simply linking these to Aadhaar. Also, to avail various government welfare scheme, Aadhaar Card is an important document.
That’s why, this post is in place – to help you download E-Aadhaar and also to learn how to get an Aadhaar print.
How to Download Aadhaar?
There are two ways via which one download Aadhaar Card. While the first one is the most convenient way to do so, i.e. online from the UIDAI website, the second option involves going to an Aadhaar Sewa Kendra or Aadhaar Centre.
If you use the online mode, there are three options to download E-Aadhaar Card, viz.:
Download Aadhaar by Aadhaar Number
Download Aadhaar by Enrollment ID
Download Aadhaar by Virtual ID
Please note that your mobile number must be registered and linked to Aadhaar in order to get an E-Aadhaar.
The first two steps remain the same for all the above-mentioned options. These are as followed:
Step 1: Visit the UIDAI website.
Step 2: Click on “My Aadhaar” and then select “Download Aadhaar”, as shown in the above image.
To download E-Aadhaar via Aadhaar Number:
- Click on “Aadhaar Number” option
- Enter your Aadhaar Number
- Enter the Captcha as shown in the box
- Click on “Send OTP”
At this stage, you can also download Masked Aadhaar by selecting the “Masked Aadhaar” option.
- Enter the OTP sent to your Aadhaar registered mobile number
- Click on “Verify & Download” to download Aadhaar online
To download E-Aadhaar via Enrollment ID:
- Click on “Enrollment ID”
- Enter your Enrollment ID
- Enter the Captcha as shown in the box next to the space
- Click on “Send OTP”
- Enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number
- Click on “Verify & Download”
To download E-Aadhaar Card via Virtual ID
- Click on “Virtual ID”
- Enter your Virtual ID Number
- Enter the Captcha as given in the box
- Click on “Get OTP”
- You’ll receive the OTP on your registered mobile number – enter the same in the space provided
- Click on “Verify & Download” to download your electronic Aadhaar Card
There’s no need to print an E-Aadhaar Card. That’s the basic idea behind getting an electronic Aadhaar Card. However, if you wish to get your Aadhaar Card in print format, please go to the next section.
How to Print Adhaar Card?
To print an Aadhaar Card, please visit your nearby Aadhaar Sewa Kendra or ASK. Carry your registered mobile number and your Aadhaar Number along. Ask the personnel at the Aadhaar centre to get a print of your Aadhaar Card. You’ll be asked to furnish your Aadhaar Card Number and mobile number.
However, if you do not have your Aadhaar Number but your mobile number is registered and linked to your Aadhaar Card, you can present the same and they will furnish your Aadhaar Card and get a print of it as well.
What is Aadhaar PVC?
Aadhaar PVC is a newly launched form of Aadhaar Card by UIDAI. A PVC Card is a highly strong thermoplastic material which is used in pipes, medical appliances, wires, etc. for durability. That’s the same material that UIDAI is now using to furnish a PVC Aadhaar Card so that its stability remains for the longest period of time.
How to Order Aadhaar PVC Card
1. Go to UIDAI website.
2. Click on My Aadhaar.
3. Select the “Order Aadhaar PVC Card” option under the “Get Aadhaar” column.
4. Click on “Order Aadhaar PVC Card” widget.
5. Click on Aadhaar Number or Enrollment ID (whatever you have at the moment) and enter the details asked.
6. If your mobile number is not registered, click on “My mobile number is not registered”. You will be asked to enter your current mobile number to which OTP will be sent.
7. Enter the OTP.
8. Click on “Terms & Conditions” and read through these. This is a mandatory step.
Submit the details to order Aadhaar PVC Card online.
Aadhaar Card Download and Print: FAQs
There are 4 types of Aadhaar Card available – Aadhaar Letter (paper-based ID proof), Aadhaar PVC (thermoplastic ID proof), mAadhaar (mobile document) and E-Aadhaar (electronic document like a soft copy). All the four formats are valid and can be used as per the user’s preference.
Yes. You can order Aadhaar PVC using your alternate mobile number.
You can pay via credit card, debit card, netbanking or UPI for Aadhaar PVC order.
There is a fee of Rs 30 to be paid for downloading E-Aadhaar in A4 coloured sheet.
SRN full form is Service Request Number which is a 28-digit number generated when you raise request for Aadhaar Card.
While Aadhaar Letter is a coloured laminated paper-based document, Aadhaar is a thermoplastic document. Both the documents are equally valid and carry the same details.