To provide online demographics update services, UIDAI has a dedicated Aadhaar portal – SSUP. Full form of SSUP is Self Service Update Portal and one needs to login to this portal to access the various Aadhaar-related services like demographics update, ordering Aadhaar PVC and checking Aadhaar linking with bank account, etc.
So, if you wish to use any of the aforementioned Aadhaar services, bookmark this post.
Services Offered on SSUP Aadhaar
We have collated all the services available online on SSUP Aadhaar in the following list:
- Download Aadhaar
- Order Aadhaar PVC Card & Check Status
- Locate Aadhaar Enrollment Centre
- Book Aadhaar Appointment
- Verify Mobile/Email ID in Aadhaar
- Update Address
- Verify Aadhaar
- Lock/Unlock Aadhaar
- File a Complaint for Aadhaar & Check Complaint Status
Aadhaar SSUP: Which Aadhaar details can be updated online?
When talking of the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal, firstly your mobile number must be registered and linked with Aadhaar. If done, you can update your name, address, date of birth or gender online using the SSUP Aadhaar. Along with it, you will also be able to change your email ID.
For all the other updates in your Aadhaar Card, you are required to visit an Aadhaar Sewa Kendra (ASK). If mobile number is not linked, then even for address update you must visit any nearby ASK.
Details that can be updated in SSUP Aadhaar:
- Name update
- Address update
- Date of Birth update (only once)
- Mobile Number/Email ID update
- Biometric update (fingerprints, iris and photograph)
It is necessary that you carry the supporting documents so that the changes proposed by you can be verified by the officer present at the Aadhaar Sewa Kendra.
How to Online Update Address in Aadhaar Card?
Once you have registered and linked your mobile number with Aadhaar, follow the steps given below to update address in Aadhaar Card:
- Visit the official SSUP aadhaar portal
- Click on “Login” and enter your Aadhaar Number
- Next, enter the OTP sent to your Aadhaar-linked mobile number
- Now, click on “Update Aadhaar Online”
- Read the information on your screen and click on “Proceed to Update Aadhaar”
- Click on “Address”
- Hit the “Proceed to Update Aadhaar” button
- Here, you will see your current address, scroll down to update address
- Enter the details and upload a valid supporting address proof
At this point, you will get the following advisory:
- Click on “Next”
- Read the changes to be made in “Preview” section
- Now, you will get the following page on your screen:
- Read about the payment process and then given confirmation
- Click on “Make Payment” to complete the online process of address update in Aadhaar
How to Update Aadhaar Card Details Offline?
If your mobile number is not registered or if you want to go for biometric updates, you are requested to visit a permanent Aadhaar enrollment centre or an Aadhaar Sewa Kendra. When you visit, please ensure that you’re carrying your ID proof with you for verification purposes.
Documents Required for Aadhaar Card Updates
You need to furnish the following documents as per the changes you’re making in your Aadhaar Card on SSUP Aadhaar:
- Identity Proof (for name update)
- Age Proof (for DOB update)
- Residence Proof (for address update)
Aadhaar SSUP: FAQs
Users can also upload a scanned copy of the certificates by clicking on the ‘upload’ button, followed by an attachment of the required files from respective devices with a stable internet connection.
Yes, UIDAI allows the users to change some elements of their Aadhaar card online. This includes name (minor edits), date of birth, gender, address, and language.
You cannot update your biometrics (iris, fingerprint and photograph update) using the SSUP Aadhaar.
If you want to online update your name, address, date of birth or gender in your Aadhaar Card, it is mandatory to link mobile number with Aadhaar.
Yes. Using the SSUP Aadhaar Portal, you can download your Aadhaar Card online.