Bank of India is one of the leading banks in India that offers a range of financial products and services to its customers. The bank provides various digital services to make banking easy and convenient for its customers, including net banking, mobile banking, and online payment services. Bank of India net banking service allows customers to access their accounts and perform various banking transactions from the comfort of their homes or offices.
Let’s know about BOI and its services in detail below.
About Bank of India
Bank of India is a well-known public sector bank in India, founded in 1906. It is headquartered in Mumbai and has over 5,000 branches spread across the country. The bank offers a wide range of banking and financial services to its customers, including personal banking, corporate banking, NRI services, and international banking.
Online Services by Bank of India
Bank of India offers a wide range of online services to its customers, including:
- Internet banking (BOI Star Connect) – Customers can access and manage their bank accounts online, check account balance, transfer funds, pay bills, and more.
- Mobile banking – Customers can perform various banking transactions using the Bank of India mobile banking, including checking account balance, transferring funds, paying bills, and more.
- Online account opening – Customers can open a new account online without visiting a branch.
- Online loan application – Customers can apply for various types of loans, including personal loans, home loans, and car loans, online.
- Online bill payment – Customers can pay their utility bills, credit card bills, and other bills online.
- NEFT – You can transfer funds to your family, friends, clients and more having bank account in another bank by using the NEFT service online or at the branch using the BOI NEFT Form. When you submit this form, you will be required to pay certain BOI NEFT charges as well based on the amount you’re transferring.
- RTGS – If the amount that you wish to transfer is of Rs 2 lakhs and more, you can choose to do the transaction using the BOI RTGS form at the bank or go online and initiate the fund transfer request there. Please note that BOI RTGS attracts certain charges as well basis the transaction amount. If you’re planning to go to the bank and submit the RTGS form, we suggest you check the Bank of India timings beforehand, so as to avoid any bank holidays.
- Online card services – Customers can manage their credit card and debit card accounts online, check card balance, view transaction history, and more.
- Update Passbook: You can update your Bank of India passbook online via either netbanking or mobile banking option. This will help you stay informed about all the transactions happening in your account.
How to online open a bank account in Bank of India?
Bank of India, as mentioned before is one of the oldest banks in India and thus its customer share is also huge. To cater to such large customer-base, the bank offers various savings account options with different withdrawal limits, average balance requirement and more. To open a Bank of India account online, you can follow these steps:
Step 1: Open BOI website at your mobile phone or computer
Visit the official Bank of India website: https://www.bankofindia.co.in/
Step 2: Find Savings Account option
Hover your cursor on ‘Personal’ and select from ‘Savings Account’ or Salary Account’. (Similarly, you can do for Bank of India debit cards)
You’ll be redirected to the designated webpage.
Step 3: Click on ‘Apply Now’.
Do this only after you’ve properly scanned through the features and benefits that the account has to offer.
Step 4: Find online application & fill it
Fill in the online application form with all the necessary details, including your personal and contact information. Upload the required documents, such as a copy of your PAN card, Aadhaar card, and a passport-sized photograph.
Step 5: Review your application before submitting
Review the application form and make sure all the information you have provided is correct. Now, Submit the application form online.
Once your application is received, the bank will contact you to confirm your details and guide you through the process of completing the account opening process.
It’s important to note that some steps may vary depending on the specific requirements of Bank of India for opening an account. You may also need to visit a Bank of India branch or provide additional documentation, depending on the type of account you are opening.Top of Form
Bank of India Customer Care Number
The following is the customer care number of Bank of India which is also the BOI toll free number:
1800 103 1906
This number can be used by existing BOI customers as well as non-customers, both.
Bank of India Balance Check Number
For Bank of India balance enquiry, you can give a missed from your registered mobile number to any of the below-mentioned numbers:
0 9266 135 135
0 9015 135 135
Bank of India Debit Cards
- BOI MasterCard Platinum Debit Card – Offfers exclusive benefits and privileges to its customers, including travel and lifestyle benefits, reward points on transactions, and enhanced security features.
- BOI Visa Gold Debit Card -Accepted globally and has attractive rewards and benefits with round the clock access to the customer support. Also provides high transaction limit along with other features.
- BOI RuPay Classic Debit Card: Accepted Pan-India, at all RuPay-enabled ATMs and merchants. It also provides discounts and offers on dining, shopping, and travel.
- BOI MasterCard World Debit Card: This is ideal for high-net worth customers; provides higher transaction limits, access to airport lounges with exclusive rewards and privileges.
- BOI Visa Classic Debit Card: This card offers easy and secure transactions at millions of merchants and ATMs worldwide. It also provides cashback and reward points on transactions.
Bank of India Netbanking
Bank of India net banking is an online banking service offered by Bank of India that allows customers to perform various banking transactions and access their account information from anywhere with an internet connection. Some of the key features of net banking include:
- Account Management: Customers can view their account balance, transaction history, and download account statements online.
- Fund Transfers: Customers can transfer funds between Bank of India accounts or to other banks in India. They can also set up standing instructions for recurring transactions.
- Bill Payments: Customers can pay their bills online, including utility bills, credit card bills, and insurance premiums.
- Investment Services: Bank of India net banking offers investment services such as online fixed deposits, recurring deposits, and tax-saving schemes.
These are some of the basic services by BOI netbanking. Apart from these, you can also get your mini statement, balance enquiry of your account and change or update profile details online.
Bank of India Mobile Banking
Bank of India offers a comprehensive mobile banking service that allows customers to access their bank account anytime and anywhere using their smartphones or tablets. The Bank of India mobile banking app is available for download on both the App Store for iOS devices and the Google Play Store for Android devices.
With Bank of India mobile banking, customers can perform a variety of banking transactions, such as checking their account balance, transferring funds, paying bills, and even applying for loans. The app also allows customers to view their transaction history, download account statements, and update their personal information.
One of the key features of Bank of India mobile banking is the ability to perform quick fund transfers. Customers can transfer funds to other Bank of India accounts or accounts in other banks using the NEFT (National Electronic Funds Transfer), IMPS (Immediate Payment Service), or RTGS (Real-Time Gross Settlement) facilities. The app also offers the option to add beneficiaries and schedule recurring payments.
Also, read about other Banks:
Bank of India: FAQs
To check your Bank of India account balance at an ATM, insert your ATM card and enter your PIN. Select “Balance Inquiry” from the options menu, and your account balance will be displayed on the screen.
BOI Star Connect is the internet banking platform of Bank of India. It allows customers to access and manage their bank accounts online from anywhere at any time.
For this, you must activate netbanking services in your BOI account. After this, you’ll be required to generate your netbanking login ID and password using which, you’d be able to do BOI retail login.
1800 103 1906 is the toll free Bank of India customer care number.
Type “BAL” and send the SMS to 9266135135 for Bank of India balance enquiry via SMS. Make sure to send this SMS from your mobile number that’s linked to your bank account.