Bank of Maharashtra is an Indian national bank which offers an array of personal banking, corporate banking and international banking services. The bank offers bank deposits, demat services, loans, govt. schemes like National Pension Scheme, PMJDY along with digital banking like Bank of Maharashtra net banking and mobile banking services.
Let’s know more about Bank of Maharashtra and its services in detail.
About Bank of Maharashtra
Bank of Maharashtra is a public sector bank headquartered in Pune, Maharashtra, India. The bank offers a range of financial products and services, including personal banking, corporate banking, and international banking. It has a network or around 1,800 branches across the country. Please check the Bank of Maharashtra timings before you visit any of the branches so as to save time. Currently, there are more than 4,500 Bank of Maharashtra ATM that the customers can use for cash withdrawals, PIN generation/change, balance check and more.
Along with basic banking services, Bank of Maharashtra also offers various government schemes to support financial inclusion and social welfare. These schemes include Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY), Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY), Atal Pension Yojana (APY), and Sukanya Samriddhi Yojna among others.
Services Offered by Bank of Maharashtra
- Deposits – The following are the basic types of bank deposits available in the Bank of Maharashtra:
- Fixed Deposit: Bank of Maharashtra Fixed Deposit (FD) offers attractive FD interest rates and flexible tenures ranging from 7 days to 10 years, with the option of premature withdrawal and loan facility against the FD amount.
- Recurring Deposit: The recurring deposit or RD scheme by the bank allows customers to save regularly with the convenience of a fixed monthly deposit amount, attractive interest rates, and flexible tenures ranging from 6 months to 10 years.
- Accounts –Bank of Maharashtra savings accounts as well as current accounts are designed with unique features and benefits, including higher interest rates, free ATM transactions, personalized debit cards, and more. Customers can choose a savings account that suits their financial requirements and enjoy the benefits of hassle-free banking with Bank of Maharashtra.
- Debit Cards – Bank of Maharashtra debit cards are of various types where RuPay cards have the supremacy. The following are the different types of debit cards one can avail of in the Bank of Maharashtra:
- RuPay ClassicRuPay PlatinumVisa ClassicVisa PurpleKisan CardMudra CardsRuPay PMJDY Cards
- Student DBT Pre-Paid Cards
- Credit Cards – Bank of Maharashtra credit cards offer various benefits like 100 bonus reward points under the welcome offer, fuel surcharge waiver on fuel transactions ranging between Rs 500 and Rs 4,000, card liability insurance coverage, instant EMI options and more.
- Loans – To cater to the extending purchasing power of its customers, Bank of Maharashtra offers these types of loans:
- Home Loan: Bank of Maharashtra offers home loans to help customers purchase, construct, or renovate a house or flat. The loan amount can range from Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 10 Crores (or more depending on the applicant’s profile), with repayment tenure of up to 30 years. The bank charges a competitive interest rate and offers flexible repayment options.
- Car Loan: The bank provides car loans for the purchase of new or used cars. The loan amount can be up to 90% of the car’s on-road price, with repayment tenure of up to 7 years. The bank charges an affordable interest rate and does not require any collateral for the loan.
- Personal Loan: The bank offers personal loans to help customers meet their financial needs, such as medical emergencies, wedding expenses, or travel expenses. The loan amount can range from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 25 lakhs, with repayment tenure of up to 5 years. Bank of Maharashtra interest rates on personal loan are quite competitive which does not require any collateral for the loan.
Online Services by Bank of Maharashtra
Bank of Maharashtra offers a range of online services to its customers, making banking more convenient and accessible. Here are some of the online services offered by the bank:
- Internet Banking: Bank of Maharashtra net banking service allows customers to access their accounts online, view account statements, transfer funds, pay bills, and perform other banking transactions.
- Mobile Banking: Bank of Maharashtra mobile banking app, Maha Bank, allows customers to access their accounts on their smartphones, perform transactions, pay bills, and check account balances and transaction history.
- Online Account Opening: Customers can open a new account online, without the need to visit a branch. Bank’s online account opening process is simple and involves minimal documentation.
- Online Loan Application: The bank also allows customers to apply for loans online, including home loans, car loans, and personal loans. The online loan application process is quick and easy, with minimal documentation required.
Overall, Bank of Maharashtra’s online services make banking more convenient and accessible for its customers, providing them with greater flexibility and control over their finances.
Bank of Maharashtra Fund Transfer Options
The bank provides various ways to transfer funds online, viz. NEFT, RTGS and IMPS etc. These can easily be done online, that too without paying any fees or charges.
However, there is this option to do an NEFT or RTGS transaction at the branch as well for which you’d be required to fill and submit the Bank of Maharashtra NEFT form and Bank of Maharashtra RTGS form, respectively.
These forms can easily by downloaded online by clicking on the links given above or at the bank as well. For using these services at the branch, please know that you’d be paying NEFT Charges and RTGS charges, as applicable.
Alternatively, for quick payments to anyone, be it your friend, client or merchant, you can also make use of UPI or Unified Payments System, headed by NPCI. You’ll need to create your UPI ID and UPI PIN which will be used to log in and use the services.
That said, UPI has its own limitations, especially in terms of transfer amount. Do check the Bank of Maharashtra UPI limit before using this option. Tip: UPI is best for small payments.
Bank of Maharashtra Customer Care
Here are the customer care details for Bank of Maharashtra:
- Customer Care Number: Bank of Maharashtra customer care number is 1800-233-4526. This toll-free number can be used by customers to get assistance with any queries or issues related to their accounts.
- Email ID: Customers can also send an email to Bank of Maharashtra’s customer care department at firstname.lastname@example.org. This email address can be used to raise queries, complaints or to seek any other assistance.
Bank of Maharashtra Balance Check
Bank of Maharashtra provides its customers with several methods to check their account balance, viz:
1. Bank of Maharashtra balance check number: 1800-233-4526 (Customers can give a missed call to this Bank of Maharashtra toll-free number from their registered mobile number to receive an SMS containing their account balance).
2. Bank of Maharashtra SMS balance enquiry: BALAVL<Account no.><MPIN> to 9223181818
3. Bank of Maharashtra Balance Check Online: Customers can log in to their Bank of Maharashtra net banking account or mobile banking app to view their account balance, transaction history and other account-related details.
4. Bank of Maharashtra Mini Statement: In case you’re looking to check the last 5 transactions done in your BOM account, getting Bank of Maharashtra mini statement is an easy option. It can be availed of via missed call banking, SMS banking, netbanking and mobile banking modes.
Also, read about other Banks:
Bank of Maharashtra: FAQs
1800 233 4526 and 1800 102 2636 are the two Bank of Maharashtra customer care numbers via which credit card related issues can be sorted out. This number is open for other types of customer issues as well.
72878 88886 is the Bank of Maharashtra missed call number for balance enquiry (mini statement and e-statement, both).
These are the Bank of Maharashtra toll free customer care numbers: 18002334526 and 18001022636.
Customers can register for Bank of Maharashtra’s internet banking services by visiting the bank’s official website and clicking on the ‘Internet Banking’ option under the ‘Personal Banking’ section. They will need to fill up an online registration form and provide their account details.
You can apply for Bank of Maharashtra personal loan by visiting the bank’s official website and clicking on the ‘Personal Loan’ option under the ‘Loans’ section. The online application process involves filling up a form and uploading relevant documents.
Customers can track their Bank of Maharashtra loan application status by visiting the bank’s official website and clicking on the ‘Track Your Application’ option under the ‘Loans’ section. They will need to enter their application number and date of birth to view their application status.