Internet banking is one of the easiest ways to bank your way into a well-managed financial life. As we all know the presence of Canara Bank in India, here we bring you the basics of Canara Bank net banking, viz. Canara Bank net banking login, registration, how to transfer funds via Canara Bank netbanking and more. Without further fluff, let’s start.
Canara Bank Net Banking: Registration
To register for Canara Bank netbanking, these are the points to consider:
1. When you open a new account with Canara Bank, be it a Canara Bank savings account, current account, fixed deposit or any other account, you get a welcome kit. With this kit, you get the internet banking registration kit as well. Follow the instructions given in the same to register for Canara Bank internet banking.
2. If you’re already a Canara Bank customer and do not have internet banking services, you can register for the same online. This is how:
How to Register for Canara Bank Net-Banking Online?
The following is the step-by-step guide on how to register online for Canara Bank netbanking:
Step 1: Go to Canara Bank official website.
Step 2: Click on ‘Net Banking’ tab located on the far-right corner of the homepage.
Step 3: Now, click on the yellow tab on the top-right corner: “Net Banking – Login (Retail & Corporate)”.
Step 4: Click on ‘New User Registration’. (Refer the image given below)
Step 5: read the Terms and Conditions carefully and click on ‘I Agree’.
Step 6: Fill the online Canara Bank Internet Banking New Registration application form with the following details:
- Current/Savings Account Number
- ATM cum Debit Card Number
- Registered Mobile Number
- Customer ID or Debit/ Credit Transaction details (last 5)
Step 7: Type in the Captcha (can choose between the image and audio Captcha).
Step 8: Click on ‘Send OTP’.
Step 9: Enter the OTP that you will receive on your registered mobile number and then follow the steps as they appear on your device screen.
How to Login to Canara Bank Netbanking?
Follow the instructions given here to login to your Canara Bank internet banking account:
Step 1: Open Canara Bank website.
Step 2: Click on ‘Net Banking’.
Step 3: Click on ‘Net Banking – Login (Retail & Corporate)’.
Step 4: Enter you User ID and Password (prefer using Virtual Keyboard for added security).
Step 5: Click either on ‘Image Captcha’ or Audio Captcha’ as per your convenience.
Step 6: Enter the Captcha.
Step 7: Click on ‘Login’.
And you’re done.
Things to Keep in Mind when using Canara Bank Net Banking
The following points must always be considered whenever you’re using internet banking services of Canara Bank (or any other bank for that matter):
- Never use public WiFi or unsecured internet connection for logging into your netbanking account. Doing this can significantly compromise your account details.
- Never share your Canara Bank netbanking password with anyone.
- Never write down your internet banking login password anywhere.
- Only click on Canara Bank website with https in the URL. If this is not there, it’s not encrypted and your data will get leaked.
- Do not click on any spam or shady emails or SMSs with link to open internet banking or log in page.
- Do not forget to log out of your netbanking account once you’re through with it.
- Do not access your internet banking account from any public computer or shared computer.
- Always use strong passwords with numbers, alphabet and special characters infused in it. Try using Caps in some of the letters. This will make it almost impossible for the hackers to crack into your account.
How to Transfer Funds from Canara Bank to Another Bank using Netbanking?
The process to send money from your Canara Bank account to another bank account is fairly easy as explained below:
Step 1: Log into your Canara Bank netbanking account securely.
Step 2: Now, select the ‘Payments’ option.
Step 3: Click on ‘Transfers’.
Step 4: Next, click on ‘Beneficiary Maintenance’.
Step 5: Select the type of transaction, i.e. NEFT, RTGS or IMPS.
Step 6: Now, add beneficiary.
Step 8: Type in the details asked (debit account details, credit account details, amount and remarks etc.).
Step 9: Click on ‘Initiate’ for instant transfer.
Step 10: Enter the OTP that you must have received on your regd. mobile number by now. This will authenticate the transaction and complete the process.
How to Transfer Funds within Canara Bank via Netbanking?
Follow the steps given here to transfer money from your own Canara Bank account within the bank itself:
Step 1: Log into your netbanking account.
Step 2: Click on ‘Payments’.
Step 3: Select ‘Transfers’.
Step 4: Select ‘Within Bank’.
Step 5: Add Beneficiary from the list.
Step 6: Enter the necessary details and amount to be transferred.
Step 7: Enter OTP (sent to your regd. mobile number) and you’re done.
Services Available on Canara Bank Netbanking
The following are the banking services you may avail of using the Canara Bank internet banking:
- Check Canara Bank account balance
- Check/update KYC details
- Download Canara Bank mini statement
- Transfer Funds within Canara Bank
- Transfer Funds outside Canara Bank using NEFT, RTGS or IMPS
- Block or hot-list Canara Bank debit card or credit card
- Change Canara Bank debit card PIN (also for credit card)
- Open fixed deposit account
- Open/apply for Demat account and more.
Canara Bank Netbanking: FAQs
Go to Canara Bank login page and click on ‘Create/Reset Login Password’. You’ll be required to provide your User ID, Account Number, PAN/Passport Number/Aadhaar Number/Debit Card Number (any one of the 4) to reset your Canara bank netbanking login password.
You can transfer funds, open FD, Demat account, check Canara Bank balance, get mini statement and do so much more using the internet banking platform by Canara Bank.
Yes. Simply choose the option saying ‘Transfer Within Bank or Own Accounts’ when using the Canara Bank netbanking mode to send funds online.
Yes. Without OTP, no transaction will be processed via Canara Bank netbanking option.
Canara Bank internet banking window is open 24×7 and thus you may initiate the transfer of funds anytime.
Firstly, check the User ID and password you’re entering. Secondly, if you’ve forgotten the password, reset the same. Lastly, if nothing of the above options work, call on Canara Bank customer care number (1800 1030 or 1800 425 0018).
NEFT stands for National Electronic Fund Transfer.