A passbook is an essential document that keeps a record of all transactions made in a bank account. It is a physical record that reflects the account holder’s balance, deposits, withdrawals, and other important details. The Central Bank of India is one of the oldest and largest commercial banks in India, offering a wide range of banking services to its customers, including the issuance of passbooks. In this article, we will provide a comprehensive guide on the Central Bank of India Passbook.
How to Get a Central Bank of India Passbook?
To get a Central Bank of India Passbook, you need to have an account with the bank. If you do not have an account with Central Bank of India, you can visit any branch and open an account. Once your account is opened, you will be provided with a passbook.
If you already have an account with Central Bank of India, you can visit your nearest branch and request a passbook. You will need to fill out an application form and provide some personal information. Once your application is processed, you will be issued a passbook.
What Information is Available in the Central Bank of India Passbook?
The Central Bank of India Passbook contains important information about your account, such as:
- Account holder’s name
- Account number
- Branch name and code
- IFSC code
- Account type (savings or current)
- Account balance
- Date of each transaction
- Transaction type (deposit or withdrawal)
- Transaction amount
- Balance after each transaction
Where is CIF Number in Central Bank of India Passbook?
The CIF number is an important identifier for a bank customer that is assigned by the bank. It stands for Customer Information File number and is used by the bank to identify the customer’s information and transactions.
In Central Bank of India Passbook, the CIF number is usually mentioned on the first page of the passbook, along with other important details such as the customer’s name, account number, and branch code. It may also be mentioned in other places, such as the account opening form or the statement of account.
If you are unable to locate your CIF number in your Central Bank of India Passbook, you can contact the bank’s customer care or visit the nearest branch for assistance. They will help you locate your CIF number and provide any other information or assistance you may require.
How to Download Central Bank of India mPassbook through Central Bank of India Mobile Banking?
Central Bank of India (CBI) mPassbook is a digital version of the traditional passbook that enables customers to view their account information on their mobile devices. The mPassbook is available for download on both Android and iOS devices.
If you are a Central Bank of India customer and want to download your passbook through the Cent m-Passbook app, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Download the Cent m-Passbook app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store and install it on your mobile device.
- Log in to the app using your Central Bank of India internet banking login credentials.
- Once you have logged in, you will see the home screen of the app.
- Tap on the “Passbook” option located at the bottom of the screen.
- You will be redirected to a new page where you will have to select the account for which you want to view the passbook.
- After selecting the account, you will be able to view your passbook, which will display your transaction history and account balance.
- You can scroll through the passbook to view your transactions.
- If you want to download your passbook, tap on the “Download” button located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Your passbook will be downloaded in PDF format, which you can save on your mobile device or email it to yourself.
It is important to note that you need to have an active internet banking account with Central Bank of India to use the Cent m-Passbook app. Additionally, the app only displays the transactions that have been processed through the bank’s systems, so it may not show real-time transactions.
Benefits of CBI mPassbook
- Convenient: You can view your account details anytime and anywhere using your mobile device.
- Environmentally Friendly: The CBI mPassbook eliminates the need for a physical passbook, which helps in reducing paper usage and promoting a greener environment.
- Real-time Updates: The mPassbook updates in real-time, which means you can view the latest transactions as soon as they are posted to your account.
How to Download CBI Passbook through Net Banking?
To download the Central Bank of India (CBI) passbook through net banking, you need to follow the below steps:
Step 1: Log in to your CBI net banking account using your user ID and password.
Step 2: Once you are logged in, navigate to the “Accounts” section and select the account for which you want to download the passbook.
Step 3: Under the account details, click on the “View/Download Passbook” option.
Step 4: You will be redirected to a new page where you need to select the time period for which you want to download the passbook.
Step 5: After selecting the time period, click on the “Download” button to download the passbook in PDF format.
Step 6: Once the download is complete, you can view the passbook on your device or take a printout for your records.
Note: It is important to ensure that your browser’s pop-up blocker is disabled while downloading the CBI passbook through net banking.
Central Bank of India Passbook : FAQs
Central Bank of India Passbook is a record of all the transactions made in your savings or current account. It is issued by the bank and contains important details like account holder name, account number, transaction details, account balance, and more.
To get a Central Bank of India Passbook, you need to visit your nearest Central Bank of India branch and fill out the application form. You also need to submit your ID proof and address proof documents. Once your application is processed, you will be issued a passbook.
Central Bank of India Passbook is an important document that helps you keep track of all the transactions made in your account. It also helps you reconcile your account balance, detect any discrepancies, and monitor your spending habits.
To update your Central Bank of India Passbook, you need to visit your nearest branch and request for the passbook to be updated. You need to carry your passbook with you when you visit the bank. The bank representative will update your passbook by stamping it and recording all the transactions.
Yes, you can download the Central Bank of India Passbook online using net banking. You need to log in to your net banking account, select the account for which you want to download the passbook, and then download it in PDF format.
No, Central Bank of India Passbook cannot be used as an address proof. You need to provide a separate address proof document like Aadhaar card, passport, voter ID card, etc.