CIF number is an important number for all those having any type of account in any scheduled bank in India. The CIF full form is Customer Information File number. It is an 11-digit unique number which contains valuable information about the bank customer in a digital format. Let’s understand about CIF no. in detail.
What is CIF Number and What Does It Contain?
CIF Number, as mentioned above, is a unique 11-digit number given to each customer by its bank. This contains important customer details about that customer.
CIF Full Form
While most of the banks call it Customer Information File number, some banks prefer using Customer Identification File number.
What information does a CIF Number contain?
Your CIF Number may contain the following-mentioned details:
- Your name
- Your bank account number(s)
- Your Date of Birth
- Your ID proof(s)
- Your residence proof (s)
- Your Photograph
- Any loans that you have or had
Apart from this, it may contain any other details that might be important for the bank to keep.
Where can I find my CIF Number?
Check SBI CIF Number:
- On your SBI Account Passbook
- On your SBI account statement and SBI mini statement
- Via SBI netbanking under Account Summary
- Via SBI Yono App
- Via SBI customer care (1800112211 or 18004253800)
Check HDFC Customer ID (CIF):
HDFC Bank gives a 9-digit numeric code which is called as Customer ID. This works in the same way as the CIF does. You can find your HDFC customer ID in the following ways:
- On your HDFC passbook
- In your monthly HDFC account statement
- Via SMS by initiating HDFC mini statement
- By logging into HDFC mobile app (Menu > Your Profile > Personal Profile)
Check PNB CIF Number:
Check Indian Bank CIF Number:
- On your Indian Bank passbook
- By logging into Indian Bank mobile app (Account Information/Personal Profile)
- Monthly Indian Bank account statement
- Can extract the same by initiating mini statement request
Check Central Bank of India CIF Number:
- Check the passbook
- Calling on Central Bank customer care (1800221911)
- Via Central Bank mobile app – Cent
CIF Number: FAQs
CIF number is a unique number which is allotted to every customer by its bank and contains personal as well as account related details of that customer.
CIF full form is Customer Information File number. However, many banks use its alternative, i.e Customer Identification File number.
A CIF number can be anywhere from 9 digits to 11 digits. For example, SBI CIF number is of 11 digits whereas, for HDFC Bank, the same is consists of 9 digits and is called the Customer ID.
A CIF Number contains your (i.e. bank existing customer’s) personal details like name, address, contact details and DOB and your account details like your account number, type of account, loans, if any, etc.