Indian Overseas Bank or commonly known by its acronym, IOB, is a public sector bank headquartered in Chennai, India. The bank was established in 1937 and by now has more than 3,000 branches across India. IOB offers an array of personal, corporate & NRI banking along with other financial services to its customers, such as personal and corporate banking, loans, insurance, and investment products.
Please note that if you’re planning to visit any of the IOB branches, especially on a Saturday, you must be aware of the IOB bank timings on that particular day. There are times that certain branches have different closing times and working hours.
Indian Overseas Banking Services
The following are the basic banking services and products offered by the Indian Overseas Bank:
Indian Overseas Bank Deposit Accounts
- IOB Savings Account: Indian Overseas Bank offers several types of savings accounts, including basic savings accounts, salary accounts, and premium savings accounts. These IOB savings accounts offer features such as debit cards, internet banking, mobile banking, and SMS alerts.
- IOB Current Account: The bank provides its customers with current accounts as well. Such accounts are created so as to aid the businesses initiate daily digital/cheque transactions.
Indian Overseas Bank Investment Products
- Indian Overseas Bank Fixed Deposit: Customers can open multiple fixed deposits in IOB with various tenures ranging from 7 days to 10 years. The interest rates on fixed deposits are competitive and vary based on the tenure and the amount of the deposit. IOB also offers senior citizen and staff special fixed deposit schemes with higher interest rates.
- Indian Overseas Bank Recurrent Deposit: IOB offers recurring deposit scheme for customers who want to save and a fixed amount of money every month and earn interest on it. The interest rates on recurring deposits are competitive and vary based on the tenure and the amount of the deposit. Customers can choose the tenure and the amount of the deposit at the time of opening the account.
Indian Overseas Bank Loan Products
- IOB Home Loan: For the purchase or construction of a house, flat, or plot of land
- IOB Personal Loan: for various purposes such as marriage expenses, medical expenses, travel expenses, and debt consolidation; loan amount and interest rate vary basis customer’s eligibility & repayment capacity
- IOB Car Loan: for the purchase of new or used cars; also offers car loan top-up facilities for existing customers
- IOB Education Loan or Student Loan: for higher education in India or abroad; loan amount & interest rate depend on the course, institution, & the customer’s eligibility; also offers education loans for vocational courses and skill development programs
Indian Overseas Bank Debit Cards
These are the basic debit cards offered by the Indian Overseas Bank
|Visa Gold||RuPay Platinum|
|Visa Platinum||RuPay Classic|
|Visa Signature||RuPay NCMC|
|Visa SME||RuPay PMJDY|
|Visa Classic||RuPay Kisan|
|MasterCard Gold||Mudra Debit Card|
To know about the bank’s debit card features, charges, debit card activation, PIN generation and more, go to our IOB Debit Cards page.
Indian Overseas Bank Credit Cards
The following are the major credit cards offered by the Indian Overseas Bank in India:
- IOB Visa Classic Credit Card: Low annual fee, Cash withdrawal facility, Fuel surcharge waiver
- Visa Gold Credit Card: Higher credit limit, Cash withdrawal facility, Fuel surcharge waiver, Complimentary accident insurance cover
- Visa Platinum Credit Card: Premium lifestyle benefits, Higher credit limit, Cash withdrawal facility, Fuel surcharge waiver, Complimentary airport lounge access, Complimentary accident insurance cover
- Visa Signature Credit Card: Premium lifestyle benefits, Higher credit limit, Cash withdrawal facility, Fuel surcharge waiver, Complimentary airport lounge access, Complimentary accident insurance cover, Reward points on every transaction
Indian Overseas Bank credit cards also come with various security features and benefits, including zero lost card liability, SMS alerts, and online payment options. Customers can check the IOB website or visit their nearest branch to know more about the credit card options and their features.
Indian Overseas Bank Online Services
IOB NetBanking: With Indian Overseas Bank netbanking, customers can perform a variety of banking transactions such as checking account balances, viewing transaction history, transferring funds between accounts, paying bills, and making online purchases. Customers can also apply for new loans, track loan status, and make loan payments through the IOB Net Banking.
IOB Mobile Banking: Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking is a service offered by Indian Overseas Bank that allows customers to access their bank accounts and perform various banking transactions using a mobile device. With , customers can check account balances, view transaction history, transfer funds, pay bills, and perform other banking functions on-the-go. The service is available 24/7 and provides a secure and convenient way for customers to manage their banking needs from anywhere.
IOB NEFT: NEFT or National Electronic Funds Transfer is a system of intra-bank fund transfers which works on deferred payment system. The requests are usually taken in half-hourly batches. You can initiate the transfer online via netbanking/mobile banking or at the branch using the IOB NEFT Form.
IOB RTGS: Just like NEFT, RTGS is also available both online and at-the-branch. To carry out an RTGS transaction, the minimum amount must be of Rs 2 lakhs. To do it at the branch, you need to get an IOB RTGS form and submit this form at your nearby IOB branch along with applicable charges for it.
Other options to transfer funds from your IOB account include the likes of IMPS and UPI.
Indian Overseas Bank Balance Check
There are many ways via which one can check their IOB account balance, such as IOB missed call banking, IOB ATM and more. To know about IOB balance check number and more, go to our IOB balance enquiry page.
Alternatively, if you wish to get a quick overview of the most recent activity in your account, you can refer to your IOB mini statement which is easily available via call, SMS and mobile banking as well.
Indian Overseas Bank Customer Care
Customers of IOB having any type of account or other services with the bank can contact the IOB customer care number at 1800-890-4445. To know alternate IOB customer care numbers, go to our IOB Customer Care page.
Also, read about other Banks:
Indian Overseas Bank: FAQs
IOB full form – Indian Overseas Bank
1800 425 4445 is the IOB balance check number which is also toll free.
Send ‘BALlast 4 digits of a/c number’ to 84240 22122 from your registered mobile number. Please make sure that the mobile number is linked to the IOB account of which you wish to know the balance.
You can transfer a minimum of Rs 2 lakhs (no upper limit) using IOB RTGS. IOB may have certain daily or per-transaction limits set for RTGS transfers based on the customer’s account type and other factors. Customers should check with their nearest IOB branch or contact customer service to confirm the exact RTGS limits applicable to their account.
IOB allows its customers five free transactions per month for using its own ATMs. For each additional transaction, a charge of Rs. 20 plus GST is applicable.
IOB allows its customers three free transactions per month for using other bank ATMs in metro cities (Mumbai, New Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, and Bangalore) and five free transactions per month for using other bank ATMs in non-metro cities.
‘IOB Mobile’ is the mobile banking app for the Indian Overseas Bank customers.
Yes. You can make fund transfer using IOB mobile banking app.