Looking for an easy option to transfer funds from your PNB account? You must try the bank’s netbanking services and choose the PNB NEFT option for this task. It will take just a few minutes and your request will be processed within 30 minutes to 2 hours – all under the RBI’s hawk eye!
Read on to know about the PNB NEFT charges and more in this post.
PNB NEFT Charges
As per the RBI guidelines, Punjab National Bank or PNB will not charge you any fee for using the online PNB NEFT services.
However, the bank also offers the option to transfer funds at the bank via NEFT. Below-stated are the PNB NEFT charges for the same:
|Transaction Amount||PNB NEFT Charges (at the bank) Applicable from 20th May ‘22|
|Up to Rs 10,000||₹ 2.25|
|Above ₹ 10,000 – ₹ 1 lakh||₹ 4.75|
|Above ₹ 1 lakhs – ₹ 2 lakhs||₹ 14.75|
|Above ₹ 2 lakhs||₹ 24.75|
*charges attract GST as per the current GST rates.
|Transaction Amount||PNB NEFT Charges (for outwards transactions via netbanking or mobile banking) Applicable from 20th May ‘22|
|Up to Rs 10,000||₹ 1.75|
|Above ₹ 10,000 – ₹ 1 lakh||₹ 4.25|
|Above ₹ 1 lakhs – ₹ 2 lakhs||₹ 14.25|
|Above ₹ 2 lakhs||₹ 24.25|
Outwards transactions: Money transferred to an overseas bank account.
Please note that any inward NEFT transaction into your PNB account is free of cost.
PNB NEFT Customer Care
If you’re not able to transfer funds via NEFT, you may call on the below-mentioned toll-free PNB customer care numbers:
1800 180 2222
1800 103 2222
If the above PNB customer care numbers are not reachable, try these:
Tolled Number: 0120-2490000
PNB customer care email ID: care.pnb.co.in
What are PNB NEFT Charges for online transactions?
Contrary to what you’re thinking, there are no PNB charges for using NEFT services online. Digital channels are also open 24×7, as opposed to PNB NEFT timings at the bank.
Benefits of NEFT
NEFT (National Electronic Funds Transfer) is a popular and widely used electronic payment system in India. Some of the benefits of NEFT are:
- It’s convenient: NEFT allows you to transfer funds electronically from your bank account to any other bank account in India without the need for physical cheques or cash. This makes NEFT a convenient and hassle-free payment option.
- It’s fast: NEFT transfers are processed in batches and settled in hourly cycles, which makes them faster than traditional payment methods such as cheque or demand draft. NEFT transactions are usually settled within a few hours, making it a quick payment option.
- It’s safe: NEFT transactions are highly secure and safe, as they are encrypted and protected by multiple levels of security. This ensures that your funds are transferred safely and securely to the intended beneficiary.
- It’s economical: NEFT is a cost-effective payment option, as the charges for NEFT transactions are relatively low compared to other payment methods such as RTGS. Many banks also offer NEFT transactions free of charge for certain types of accounts or transactions.
- Easily accessible: NEFT can be accessed easily through various channels such as internet banking, mobile banking, and ATMs, making it a convenient payment option for people who are always on the go.
Overall, NEFT is a reliable, safe, and convenient payment option that offers several benefits to customers.
About Punjab National Bank (PNB)
Punjab National Bank or PNB, is India’s first Swadeshi Bank which started its operations 128 years ago, i.e. on April 12, 1895 from Lahore. During the long history of PNB, 9 banks have been merged/ amalgamated with PNB.
Recently, the United Bank of India and the Oriental Bank of Commerce were merged with PNB (on 1st April 2020). This made Punjab National Bank the 2nd largest bank in India, following SBI.
Also, check other bank’s NEFT charges in the below table:
|Axis Bank NEFT Charges||Indian Bank NEFT Charges||NEFT Charges ICICI|
|BOB NEFT Charges||NEFT Charges||SBI NEFT Charges|
|Canara Bank NEFT Charges||NEFT Charges HDFC|
PNB NEFT Charges: FAQs
If you’re using PNB netbanking or mobile banking service to access PNB NEFT, you will be able to do so 24×7. For at the bank timings, please check PNB bank timings.
You do not have to pay any charges for online transactions done using the PNB NEFT.
The bank will charge a minimum of Rs 2.25 and a maximum of Rs 24.75 for at-the-bank PNB NEFT services. Also, if it’s an outward PNB NEFT transaction (transferring funds to any overseas account), you will be charged with PNB NEFT charges ranging from Rs 1.75 to Rs 2.25 plus GST (basis the transfer amount).
You can transfer any amount starting from Re 1 when using the PNB NEFT services.
Yes. You can transfer up to Rs 50,000 in cash at the bank using the PNB NEFT services. Please check the PNB bank timings before you head to the bank.