Before you visit an SBI branch, you must know about the SBI opening and closing timings at the very least. SBI Bank timings for weekdays, 2nd Saturdays, etc. differ for customers. Also, SBI NEFT timings to add beneficiary can also be different from the SBI RTGS timings in some situations. Let’s look at the SBI Bank opening time, SBI closing time and SBI lunch hours in the following section.
SBI Bank Timings: SBI Timings & Working Hours in 2022
The following table includes SBI bank timings for the year, 2022, for all the days, i.e. from Monday to Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, including the lunch hours of SBI Pan-India.
SBI Bank Timings:
|SBI Bank Timings on Weekdays (Monday to Friday)||9:00 AM to 3.30 PM|
|SBI Bank Lunch Timings||12:30 PM to 1:30 PM|
|SBI Bank Timings on Saturdays||2nd and 4th Saturdays: CLOSED Remaining Saturdays:|
|SBI Bank Timings on Sundays||CLOSED|
SBI Timings During Lockdown
During the lockdown due to COVID-19 in 2020 and 2021, SBI bank timings were impacted. The office remained from 10 AM to 2PM on weekdays, i.e. from Monday to Friday. SBI branches remained closed on all Saturdays during the COVID induced lockdown period. However, this might have varied for some branches.
SBI Bank Timings Post Lockdown
Post the lockdown, the bank resumed its normal working hours w.e.f. 1st of July 2022. However, the use of face mask and proper social distancing practices are still mandatory to follow for all.
- SBI Bank timings after the lockdown are:
- Monday to Friday: 9:00 AM – 3.30 PM
- Lunch Hours: 12:30 PM to 1.:30 PM
- 1st, 3rd and 5th Saturdays: Same as on weekdays
- 2nd and 4th Saturdays: Bank remains closed
SBI Lunch Timings
As stated above, the lunch timings for SBI are 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM. However, to maintain smooth working of the office, employees take their lunch break in batches. This is so as to cater to customers even in lunch hours, especially the urgent ones.
However, it is advised to visit the SBI branches considering the SBI lunch timings, i.e. before between 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM and 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM, unless there is an urgency.
SBI Bank Timings on Saturday
SBI branches across the nation are closed every 2nd and 4th Saturdays.
For every 1st, 3rd and 5th Saturday, SBI bank business hours are: 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Lunch Time: 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
That being said, you can carry on basic banking activities online on 2nd and 4th Saturdays using the online banking option. This includes online money transfer via NEFT, RTGS or IMPS. Also, all the SBI ATMs remain open throughout the week.
SBI Bank NEFT Timings
SBI NEFT transfers happen every 30 minutes, every day. Keeping this in mind, transfers are expected to be credited within 2 hours.
NEFT is a centralized payment system that is applicable Pan – India. This system is owned and operated by RBI and is available round the clock.
Important features of NEFT:
- Individuals, firms and corporates having a bank account in SBI can use NEFT system
- No specific limit announced by RBI; may vary from bank to bank
- Someone with no bank account can use NEFT to remit funds to a beneficiary’s bank account
- Rs. 50,000 in cash can be remitted at a time on an NEFT-enabled branch
NEFT full form: National Electronic Funds Transfer
SBI Bank RTGS Timings
In this system, transfers happen in real-time, i.e. as soon as a transfer is initiated. This makes RTGS as the fastest and the safest way to transfer money online. RTGS transfers are not available from 11:50 PM to 00:30 AM every day. Also, there are no transaction charges levied by the bank to carry out transfers using the RTGS network.
RTGS full form: Real Time Gross Settlement
SBI Bank IMPS Timings
SBI Bank timings for IMPS transfers: IMPS transfers are available 24×7 (including holidays)
However, in order to do so, one needs to add beneficiary to their list. The following points must be taken into consideration when adding beneficiary:
- Only one beneficiary can be added in one calendar day
- After raising the request, beneficiary list is updated within 4 hours
- Timings to add beneficiary: 6AM to 8PM
- If added after 8:00 PM, activation will take place the next calendar day after 8:00 AM
- On the day of activation, a total of Rs. 10,000 can be transferred into the account of the added beneficiary
- After the cooling period, i.e. after 3 days after the activation, transfers for up to Rs. 2 lakh can be transferred using IMPS
- No charges for inward transactions (within the country)
(These points are applicable on the inward transactions)
IMPS full form: Immediate Payment Services
SBI Bank UPI Timings
UPI is a real-time payment system which means if you have an SBI bank account, you can transfer and/or receive payments into your account 24x7x365, i.e. SBI UPI service is available round the clock and round the year.
There is no restriction on holidays or night time. All you need is to get your UPI ID generated to start using the service.
UPI full form: Unified Payments Interface
Also, check Working Hours for Other Banks:
SBI Bank Timings – FAQs
Every 2nd and 4th Saturday, all branches of the State Bank of India remain closed. However, on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Saturday, SBI business hours remain the same as of weekdays, i.e. 9 AM to 3:30 PM.
SBI observes lunch hours from 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM on all working days.
The State Bank of India closes its business hours for customers at 3:30 on all working days. However, this may extend up to 4:00 PM in certain branches.
Currently, transfers through RTGS and SBI are the fastest. NEFT payments may take up to 2 hours.
RBI has not imposed any capping on the maximum amount that can be transferred using the SBI NEFT method.
It may take anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours to activate a new beneficiary for SBI NEFT or SBI RTGS transfer systems.
Yes. There are different charges applicable as per the transaction amount. These are:
· up to Rs. 10,000 – max. Rs. 2.50
· above Rs. 10,000 – Rs. 1 lakh: max. Rs. 5
· above Rs. 1 lakh – Rs. 2 lakh: max. Rs. 15
· above Rs. 2 lakh: max. Rs. 25
Charges for outward transactions using SBI RTGS:
· Rs. 2 lakh – Rs. 5 lakh: max. Rs. 24.50
· Above Rs. 25 lakh: max. Rs. 49.50
(GST separately applicable on every transaction)