To keep up-to-date with your banking transactions, whether using the mobile banking/net-banking options or offline modes, a quick way is to peep into your mini statement.
Just like a standard bank statement, a mini statement is simply a list of your last 3 or 5 registered transactions.
Every bank now has this facility, be it an SBI mini statement or an HDFC mini statement. Let’s know how to check a bank mini statement, online or offline.
What is Mini Statement?
A mini statement or a mini bank statement is a simple list that has the last 3-5 money transactions. These transactions are the one you did using your bank account. A transaction made through your credit card will not be included here. Only those money transfers are listed in a bank mini statement that directly involve your bank account.
What is included in a Mini Statement?
A mini statement includes the following components:
- Your account number – only the last 4 digits (e.g. XXXXXXXXXX1234)
- Transactions – Debit shown with a ‘D’ and credit depicted with a ‘C’
This is how a bank mini statement looks like:
While some banks provide the last 3 transactions, like HDFC Bank, other banks provide a list of the last 5 transactions, like SBI.
How to Avail a Mini Statement?
To avail of a bank mini statement, there are 2 simple modes:
1. Via SMS
SMS Banking facility is provided by the banks to its customers. Using this option, customers can fetch their mini statement in an instant.
2. Via call
Checking mini statement by call (missed call) is, by far, the quickest and the easiest method. All one requires to do is make a simple call to the designated mobile number provided by the respective bank after which the mini statement is sent directly to the customer’s mobile number.
Note: To access SMS banking and missed call banking facilities, customers must make sure that their mobile number is registered with the bank and is linked to the respective bank account.
To check if their mobile number is updated or not, customers can log in to their bank’s internet banking portal and check their contact details there itself.
– How to Download Mini Statement Online?
- Via mobile banking – Banks provide their mobile banking apps that are specially designed to cater to their customer’s day-to-day banking requirements. All one needs to do is download their banks’ mobile application and then they can easily check their mini statement in an instant.
- Via internet banking – Net Banking or Internet Banking is a specially formulated option which is created to provide banking services to the customers over the bank’s website. Those who do not wish to install the bank mobile app can simply head to their bank’s netbanking portal and log in to their profile account using a combination of their username (sometimes this is customer ID) and a PIN or password.
– How to Avail Mini Statement Offline?
- Via Bank ATM – As per RBI, apart from cash withdrawal, there are other facilities available at a bank’s ATM which includes generating a bank mini statement as well.
- Bank customer care – If there is limited internet connectivity in your area, you can choose to call your bank’s customer care number for this. While some banks have integrated voice system where you just need to choose the option to get your mini statement, others may require you to talk to their customer care executives directly. In any case, this is your go-to option if the internet facility isn’t accessible or the bank servers are not working.
Mini Statement vs Bank Statement
While a mini statement and a standard bank statement both serve the same purpose, i.e. to provide customers with their banking transactions, there are slight differences between the two. These are:
|Bank Statement||Mini Statement|
|Generated regularly – every month.||Generated on request of the account holder, i.e. can be fetched anytime|
|Shows every transaction performed in a month||Shows only the last 3 or 5 transactions|
|Sent to account holder’s email ID (if provided) and/or by post||Sent via SMS|
|Bank statement when taken directly from the bank in-person, is chargeable (Online bank statements are free)||Mini statement is free of cost|
|Serves as an address proof||Cannot be used as an address or identity proof|
|Detailed information presented: |
· Customer’s name and contact details
· Customer’s address
· IFSC, MICR
· Account Type
· Full account number
· Account Balance
|Only 2 things are stated: |
· Account number – only last 4 digits (XXXXXXXXXX1234)
· Last 3/5 transaction details including only the type (debit/credit) and amount
Date of transaction
Top Banks Mini Statement Numbers, 2022
A comprehensive list of the top banks in India and their mini statement numbers:
|Bank||Mini Statement Number|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank||18002740110|
|Punjab National Bank (PNB)||18001802223|
|Bank of Baroda||8468001122|
|Bank of India||09266135135|
Check Mini Statement for Different Banks:
Bank mini statement can be fetched either online – mobile banking and internet banking – or offline using bank SMS or missed call service or ATM.
Online modes for checking mini statement – internet banking and mobile banking.
Yes, most of the banks provide this facility where customers can fetch their mini statement using their bank’s ATM. All they need is their ATM/debit card and PIN. Customers get a printed copy of their mini statement at bank ATMs.
Whereas bank statement is a chargeable facility (except the online option of ini statement facility is a free of cost service.
Also, check Working Hours for Banks: