EPF Form 10C is a claim form for those who wish to withdraw funds from their PF account under the Employee’s Pension Scheme. If you’ve left your job and have either taken early retirement or retired at 58 years of age, Form 10C can be used for withdrawal benefits or Scheme Certificate.
Let’s learn how to fill Form 10C and more in this post.
What is Form 10C?
Form 10C is used when an employee enrolled with the EPS or the Employee Pension Scheme (under the EPF) wishes to withdraw funds from the account or to get the EPS Scheme Certificate. This is
The purpose of the EPF Form 10C, when to use and by whom are all tabulated below:
|Purpose||For pension withdrawal or for EPF Scheme Certificate|
|Eligibility||1) EPS member who has: |
a) left job before completion of 10 years of service
b) left job after 10 years of service but is less than 50 years old or is 50 years or more but less than 58 years (and not willing for reduced pension)
c) attained 58 years of age (irrespective of current employment status)
2) Family/nominee/legal heir of the deceased EPF member who dies after 58 years of age but didn’t complete 10 years of service
|Mode||Online (and offline using the Composite Claim Form)|
|When to fill?||Upon leaving job/ retirement|
Disclaimer: A member, who has left the service on account of total and permanent disablement, irrespective of his age and period of service, is eligible for monthly disablement pension and should apply for pension through Form 10D. (As per the EPFO rules)
This is how the Form 10C looks like.
Contents of EPF Form 10C
Form 10C contains the following sections:
- Claimant Details & Establishment Details (where claimant was lastly employed)
- Details upon the death of EPS member (nominee/family, date of death, details regarding mode of remittance – via post or via cheque/electronic mode)
- Date and Signature of Member/Claimant & Employer
- Advance Stamped Receipt
(The last 2 sections are for the use by commissioner’s office and Cash Section)
How to Fill EPF Form 10C Online?
EPF Form 10 C can be submitted online using the EPFO official website. For this, make sure you’ve completed your UAN activation otherwise online claim via Form 10C will not be possible and you will have to visit EPFO office.
Step 1: Login to EPFO member portal using your EPF UAN and password.
Step 2: Click on “Online Services” and then select “CLAIM (Form 31, 19, 10C & 10D)”. (refer image below)
Step 3: Enter your bank account number and get the same verified.
Step 4: Hit the “Proceed for Online claim” button.
Step 5: Select the second option – “Only Pension Withdrawal (Form 10C)” (check the below image for reference) and follow the steps as they appear on your screen to complete submitting Form 10C online.
Please Note: Make sure to submit this form 10C only after 2 months from the date of leaving service.
Documents Required with EPF Form 10C
The following documents are to be attached along with the EPF Form 10C:
- Copy of blank cheque or cancelled cheque
- Stamp of Re.1 (when applying for withdrawal benefit via bank)
- Birth certificate(s) of member’s children (when applying for Scheme Certificate)
- Death certificate (in case of member’s death)
- Legal heir’s succession certificate (if applicable)
Form 10C for EPS Scheme Certificate
If, on the date of leaving the job, the EPS member has completed 10 years of service but has not attained 50 years of age at the time of submitting EPF form 10C, then they will not be eligible for EPS withdrawal benefits.
What is EPF Scheme Certificate?
It is a certificate issued by EPFO (under the Ministry of Labour and Employment). It is issued to EPS member when they leave their job. To obtain EPS certificate, Form 10C must be submitted either online or offline.
Uses of EPS certificate:
- EPS certificate is useful when the member takes employment elsewhere in future.
- Also, here is no bar on withdrawing PF accumulations by the EPF member upon obtaining EPS certificate.
- Adding to it, if the member dies before attaining 58 years of age, their family/nominee/legal heir may claim for EPS pension by providing the EPS certificate.
Disclaimer: information given in this post is of informative nature only.
EPF Form 10C: FAQs
EPF Form 10C is used to claim EPS pension withdrawal benefit or Scheme Certificate.
EPF Form 19 is submitted for the final settlement of one’s EPF account while the Form 10C is for EPF pension withdrawal.
EPS withdrawal benefit is simply the availability of withdrawing funds from the EPF member’s EPS account.
Form 10C is to be submitted 2 months after the EPF member leaves their job.
Read more about Form 31 for EPF withdrawal.