Employee and employer contributions are combined to form an employee provident fund. Both the employee and the employer are required to pay monthly contributions to the EPF system under the EPF scheme. Employees receive the fund upon retirement or in the unfortunate event of inability to work permanently or temporarily owing to a disability. With innovative ideas and actions, the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization strives to make the lives of all enrolled employees easier. In this respect, the company has launched an initiative that allows employees to change their job leaving date on the EPFO for employees login portal.
EPFO Portal For Employees
EPFO for employees has made it easier to transfer and withdraw money from their EPF (Employees’ Provident Fund) accounts. Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) account holders can now amend their employment exit date, i.e., the date of leaving an organisation, in EPFO records, using an EPFO login for employee portal.
How to Register on EPFO Portal?
To register on the EPFO for employees portal, follow these few simple steps:
- Visit the EPF member portal
- Select ‘Activate UAN’ to begin the registration process
- Enter the required information about your UAN, member id, Aadhaar details, PAN, name, contact details, etc.
- Select the ‘Get Authorisation PIN’ option to get the verification PIN sent to your registered mobile number
- Carefully enter the PIN to verify your request
- Create a username and password to complete your registration
Steps to Login to EPFO Member Portal
The EPFO login for employees is a simple process. Here’s how to do it:
- Visit the EPFO portal
- Under ‘Services’, select ‘For Employees’
- Next, go to Member UAN/Online Services. You can find the link in the ‘Services’ section
- Enter your UAN and password in the login section and click on ‘Sign In’
Services Offered at EPFO Portal
- One Employee – One EPF Account
- EPFO Member Passbook
- Pensioner’s Portal
- Electronic Challan cum Return (ECR Portal)
- Principal Employer
- TRRN Query
- Help Desk
- COC Application Form for International Employees
Steps for e-KYC for EPFO
Once you successfully complete the EPFO login for employee process, the next step is completing your e-KYC. Here’s how:
- Visit the EPFO for employees portal and login using your UAN and password
- Select the ‘KYC’ option under ‘Manage’
- You would be redirected to a page with a list of documents. Select the document type you wish to update, and fill in all the required details.
- Your employer will receive a notification for approval. Once completed, the status will change from ‘KYC Pending for Approval’ to ‘Currently Active KYC’
How to Claim Forms at EPFO Portal?
To withdraw your Provident Fund (PF) online, follow these few simple steps:
- Complete the EPFO login for employees with your UAN and password.
- Select the ‘Claim (Form – 31, 19 & 10C)’ option from the ‘Online Services’ list
- You will be redirected to a page with all your details. Enter the last four digits of your bank account number and click on ‘Verify’
- Next, you will be required to agree to the terms and conditions on the ‘Certificate of Undertaking’ to proceed to your online claim
- Click on ‘PF Advance (Form 31)’ from the ‘I want to apply for’ drop-down list
- Along with the options for ‘Purpose for which advance is required,’ ‘Amount of Advance Required (in Rs.)’ and ‘Employee Address,’ a menu will appear. The choices for withdrawal that the employee is ineligible for will be highlighted in red
- From thereon, you can submit the application along the required documents for approval
- Once the request is approved by your employer, your money will get deposited to your account
EPF Passbook Download Process
- To download your EPF Passbook, visit https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php.
- Select the ‘e-Passbook’ option.
- Enter your login credentials, that is, your UAN, password, and captcha details.
- Once logged in, the Member ID will be displayed on the screen.
- Click on your Member ID to download your PF statement.
- Your passbook will be displayed on the screen in a PDF format. You can either download or directly print your passbook.
EPFO Password Reset
If you have forgotten your EPFO login for employees password, here’s how to reset it in a few simple steps:
- Visit the UAN member portal and select ‘Forgot Password on the login page
- Enter your UAN and verify the captcha
- Enter the OTP received on the registered mobile number to be redirected to the password reset page
- Enter your new password and select ‘Confirm’
How to Update Exit Date in the EPF portal?
EPFO for employees allows an EPF account holder to change the exit date in EPFO records electronically. That’s how you may take advantage of this service.
- Firstly EPFO login for employees portal by Entering your Universal Account Number (UAN), password
- Select the ‘Mark Exit’ option from the ‘Manage’ menu.
- Choose the employer and EPF account for which you want to change the retirement date. Only two months after the final departure date may the date of departure be changed.
- Fill in the date of the exit and the explanation for the exit. Enter OTP received on an Aadhaar-linked cell phone number and will receive a one-time password (OTP)
- Select ‘Update’ and then ‘Ok’ to update your EPFO records with the departure date. Before updating the leaving date in the EPFO records, make sure your employer has changed the information.
How do I see if the ‘Departure Date’ has been Updated on the EPFO Employee Login Portal?
Follow these steps after signing in to your Member e-Sewa account to check if your prior employer’s leaving date has been amended in EPFO records.
- Select ‘Service History’ from the ‘View’ menu.
- On your screen. The webpage will provide a list of all of the employers with whom you have had EPF accounts, as well as information such as the date you joined the EPF, the date you left the EPF, the date you joined the EPS, and so on.
How to Update Nominee Details in EPF Account?
Nomination assists in obtaining funds in the event of a member’s untimely death. If the member is married, it is best to nominate a spouse or children. He can designate his parents if he is not married. Nominations for brothers or sisters are not permitted.
Members of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation EPFO for employees need to add nominations to their EPF accounts. If the account holder doesn’t assign a nominee to an EPF account, they may lose access to numerous perks of EPFO for employees. Account-holders can add the nominee’s name and other data online by logging on to the EPFO for employees portal.
- To register a new nomination in EPF online, follow these simple steps.
- Complete the EPFO login for employees on the portal using your UAN.
- Select Manage and E Nominations.
- Make a statement about your family. If you have a family, select the ‘Yes’ option.
- Entering your nominee’s information in ‘Add Family Details’.
- In the nominee details area, provide the nominee’s Aadhar number, date of birth, gender, relationship with the member, address, bank data (including bank IFSC code and nominee account number), and photo.
- Choose Add Row if you only want to submit one more nomination.
- Calculate the entire share value (per cent). If you only have one nomination, put 100 per cent; if you have more than one, split the amount based on your choice.
- Click on ‘Save EPF Nomination’, to store the information successfully.
- To generate an OTP, click E-Sign. Submit the OTP provided to the Aadhaar-linked cell phone number.
From the standpoint of financial planning, for a salaried person, contributions to the EPFO for employees offer many benefits. It offers secure returns, is tax deductible under Section 80C, and the interest generated, and maturity earnings are also tax-free. Keep in mind, however, that this is a long-term investment. If you have short-term financial goals, don’t try to meet them through EPF withdrawals. If your goals are primarily short-term, such as for young couples or parents funding their children’s educations over a few years, you may want to consider investing only the bare minimum in your EPF and channelling the rest of your funds towards a more solvent component, maintaining one’s tolerance for risk and goal time horizon in mind.
FAQs on EPFO For Employees
You can view your grievance status through the EPFO for employees Grievance portal epfigms.gov.in. All you need is your complaint registration number and password for the EPFO Grievance website.
Yes. EPFO for employees will come under RTI Act as it is offered by a government body.
It is illegal if you withdraw your EPF for employees during a typical job change. One can withdraw EPF only if one has no job for 2 months.
Currently, any EPF withdrawal will be credited to the beneficiary bank account directly. So no need to worry.
Salary revision is considered a normal hike. Therefore, any such arrears payable to the employee are subject to EPF deduction.
Login to the epfo employee login portal using UAN credentials.
Select epfo employee login passbook and click on view balance.
Yes, you have the option to contribute more. But the employer has no obligation to match your contribution. Interest benefits will be the same as that of EPF.
The employer has the whole responsibility to deposit all amounts, which are deducted from the employee as well as an employer contribution.
In the unfortunate event of the account holder’s untimely death, the member’s nominee receives the funds from the account, making it absolutely necessary.
You can visit the UAN portal to know your UAN details. Fill in all the personal details along with the member ID or PF number. Validate the PIN shared on your registered mobile to receive your UAN details on your phone.