What is EPFO online payment? This term is basically indicative of challan submission to be made by the employers to support the PF contributions made toward their employee’s provident fund. To submit the EPFO electronic challan-cum-return, the employer first needs to log in to their EPFO account. Read on to know how to make the EPFO online challan payment.
Steps for EPFO Online Payment: For Employers Only
The following steps must be adhered to for making EPF online challan payment:
- Go to the EPFO member login portal.
- Log in using your Username and Password and click on “Sign In”.
Use your EPFO ECR portal credentials for EPFO online payment portal.
- Open the “Payment” tab for EPFO online payment portal and click on “ECR Upload”.
- In the form, select the wage month, salary disbursal date, etc.
- Click on “Upload” after adding the file (text or zip file).
Make sure to add the correct contribution rate in %.
- Once your file is successfully validated and you have verified the same, click on “Prepare Challan” button. This will generate your ECR summary sheet.
- Add Administration/Inspection charges (EDLI and EPF charges).
- Enter “Employer Details”.
- Click on “Generate Challan”.
- Click on “Finalize” button after verifying the details.
- Click on “Pay” button.
- Check the TRRN and amount.
- Select online payment mode and bank.
- Click on Continue to complete the payment process.
Read More: EPFO Registration & Process
List of major banks providing online EPF payment services
The following is the EPFO online payment bank list, i.e. the list of major banks that provide EPFO online challan payment option:
- SBI or State Bank of India
- PNB or Punjab National Bank
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Indian Bank
- Union Bank of India
- IDBI Bank Ltd.
- Axis Bank
- ICICI Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- HDFC Bank
|Read more about EPF:|
|EPF Balance Check||EPF Correction Form||EPF Passbook|
|EPF Calculator||EPF Interest Rate||EPF Pension|
|EPF Contribution||EPF Online Claim||EPF Premature Withdrawal|
|Read more about UAN:|
|Read more about EPFO:|
|EPFO E-Sewa||EPFO Pension Portal||EPFO KYC Online Update|
|EPFO Establishment||EPFO Member Portal||EPFO Registration Process|
|Read more about EPF Forms:|
|EPF Form 10C||EPF Form 19||EPF Withdrawal Form 31|
EPF Online Payment: FAQs
EPFO challan is the receipt or invoice of the employer’s contribution to the employee’s provident fund.
To download the receipt for EPFO challan online, simply go to the Employee’s Provident Fund Organisation official website and sign in to the Employer e-Sewa EPFO online payment portal.
Banks like SBI, PNB and Indian Bank offer EPFO online challan payment option. Click to check the EPFO online payment bank list.
No. You do not have to make any payment to your PF account. PF contribution from your salary is deducted and submitted by your employer. However, you must keep a tab of your EPF contributions by signing into the EPFO member portal using your EPFO UAN and password.