In simple terms, an EPFO member login is a pooled investment account. It is a joint venture between the employee and the employer, keeping the well-being of the employee at the forefront. It allows the employees to save 12% of their pre-tax salary in the EPFO account, which can be
used for long-term goals that may need an investment from your side.
Additionally, in the EPFO member login, it’s not just the employee, but the employer also makes equal monetary contributions to the EPFO account, increasing the long-term savings of every employee.
EPFO Portal Registration Process
EPFO portal registration process is fairly simple. Below we have mentioned the steps on how to go about it:
- First, visit the EPFO web portal and register your company for EPF.
- Next, click on the ‘Establishment Registration Option’. You will be redirected to a new link where you can download the user manual. Ensure you read this manual thoroughly before signing up for the registration process.
- Visit the Unified Shram Suvidha Portal and register. Once you are done, click on ‘Sign Up’.
- You need to fill in your details like name, email, mobile number, verification code, and more.
- Now, carefully start filing your registration form. Once you click ‘Submit’, you will see a page called ‘Registration Form for EPFO’ will be displayed.
- Here, you need to put in details like employment, contact, identifiers, and more.
- Lastly, attach all your required documents. Remember that DSC needs to be affixed and uploaded on this form.
Steps to Login to EPFO Portal for Employees
Here is the process of logging in to the EPFO portal for employees:
- First, visit the official EPFO website.
- Now, click on ‘Services’ and go to ‘For Employees’
- Click on Online Service/Member UAN. You can find this link under ‘Services’.
- Visit the official EPFO website in order to log in.
- Keep all your personal documents handy to register at the EPFO member login portal.
- Visit the EPFO UAN login online portal for password recovery.
- The introduction of UAN is one of the primary services offered by EPFO.
Steps to Login to EPFO Portal for Employers
Here is the process of logging in to the EPFO portal for employers:
- Visit the EPFO website to login
- Click the ‘Services’ option, which will open a drop-down table
- Select ‘For Employees’
- Click on ‘Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP)’
- A page asking for your UAN and password will appear
- Enter your details and the captcha
- Lastly, click on ‘Sign in’ for EPFO member login
- Welcome to your EPFO portal!
Once you have logged in via your EPFO member portal, you will have access to your account, which will allow you to claim your PF account, check your balance, transfer funds, update KYC details, and more.
Password Recovery Process for EPFO
Below we have mentioned the steps to change or reset your EPFO password:
- First, visit the EPFO UAN login online portal.
- After reaching the homepage, click on the option ‘Forget Password’.
- On the next page, enter captcha and EPFO and then click on submit.
- Now, enter your EPFO again along with your registered mobile number and click on ‘Yes’.
- You will receive an update on the same number. Next, enter your OTP and click on ‘Verify’.
- Once the verification process is complete, you can create a new password. You will have to enter the new password twice in the next step. Finally, click on submit.
- You can log in to the portal by using the newly set password.
Did You Know?
It is illegal to withdraw the full EPF amount if you have a job! You can only withdraw the amount with your EPFO portal login if you haven’t had a job for at least 2 months.
Services Offered at EPFO
Below we have mentioned some of the diverse forms of services offered by EPFO or EPFO UAN login:
- Introduction of UAN or Universal Account Number.
- Web-based online registration of establishments
- Easy access to check claim and passbook status
- Missed call service and alerts/ SMS service
- Inoperative accounts online help desk
- Seamless online EPF transfer
- Online PF withdrawal
Word to Remember
KYC details include various documents that help to verify the identity of the employee who will be registering for the Employee Provident Fund. This process can include everything from the verification of your ID, utility bills, proof of permanent address, biometrics, face verification, and more.
Know How to Login with UAN Number
To begin with, you must have an activated UAN. In order to do that, visit the EPFO Member Portal and click the option ‘Activated UAN’, Aadhaar, member ID, name, date of birth and mobile number. Now, click on ‘Get Authorization Pin.’ You will receive your pin on your mobile number. Once you enter it, your request will be verified. Now, you can create your username and password for the official UAN portal. Below we have mentioned the login steps:
- First, visit the EPFO website.
- Click on ‘Services’ and select the option ‘For Employees’
- Navigate to online services/UAN
- Once you reach the redirected page, enter all the details like captcha code, UAN and password.
- Now, you can sign in.
Before we go our separate ways, let’s go over the importance of EPFO UAN login once again. Many may think that there is no need to have an Employees Provident Fund but this is not the right side to pick. As an employee the one thing that motivates you to work everyday is to provide for you and your family, with an EPFO account you can plan not only the present but also your future.
If you haven’t already, it might be time to invest in your secure future today!
-Visit the official EPFO website.
-Now, go to services and click on ‘For Employees.
-On the next page, click on Online Service/Member UAN.
-On the new page, enter your UAN and password. In addition, remember to fill in the captcha details.
-Click on the option ‘Sign in.’
-Now, you will be directed to the EPFO portal. Here, you can update your KYC details, check PF balance, and more.
-First, ensure that you have your PF and UAN numbers with you. In order to log in to your PF account, you can follow the below steps:
-Go to https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/ and click on the option ‘Our Services’ and select ‘For Employees’.
-Select ‘Online Services/Member UAN under the services action. In the next step, you can enter the UAN portal.
-Now, you will be asked to enter your details like your mobile number, PF number, and UAN. Enter the captcha code and click on the option ‘Get authorization pin code’.
-You will receive a unique pin on your registered mobile number.
-Tick the ‘I Agree’ box and enter the OTP.
-Look for the option ‘Validate OTP and Activate UAN’ and click on it.
-Once the registration process is complete, you will receive a password through which you can login to your PF account.
In this age of digitisation, there are several ways to check your PF balance. For example, you can visit the EPFO website, unified portal, send SMS, or a missed call to check your remaining amount.
-First, go to https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
-Now, click on your UAN status link.
-Enter all your personal details.
-You will see an option ‘Get Authorization Pin’, and you will receive it on your registered mobile number.
-Enter the OTP.
-Once you enter the OTP, an acknowledgement message will be displayed saying that your UAN status is sent to the registered mobile number.
One of the best features of the EPFO members login is that your PF accounts can be linked and transferred through your UAN account. All your details will be transferred from your previous employer to your new one without confusion.
Yes, you can! Once you have registered with your EPFO UAN login and your account has been activated, you have the liberty to change your personal details if and when you please. However, once you have updated the details, you will have to wait for the EPFO to approve of the changes for them to be visible on the portal.
Read more about 15G Form EPFO.