Several banks offer fixed deposit (FD) schemes at attractive rates, but some of the most notable ones are DBS Bank FD rates. The bank offers multiple FD schemes at different DBS Bank FD interest rates for varying tenures. So, depositors can enjoy flexibility and convenience while investing in their future at attractive interest rates at the same time. DBS Bank’s FDs are also a depositor favourite due to the added safety and investment guarantee they offer.
Every DBS Bank FD comes with different investment tenure options to ensure depositors can invest at their convenience. You can also enjoy an overdraft facility with each of these DBS Bank fixed deposits.
DBS FD rates for deposits less than INR 2 crores are mentioned in a tabulated format below. Since the DBS fixed deposit interest rate for senior citizens is a bit different for certain investment tenures, we have mentioned them in the table too.
|Tenure||Interest Rates for General Public (p.a.)||Interest Rates for Senior Citizens (p.a.)|
|8 days to 14 days||2.75%||2.75%|
|15 days to 29 days||4.00%||4.00%|
|30 days to 45 days||2.75%||2.75%|
|46 days to 60 days||2.75%||2.75%|
|62 days to 90 days||3.00%||3.00%|
|91 days to 180 days||3.00%||3.00%|
|181 days to 269 days||4.75%||5.25%|
|270 days to <1 year||4.75%||5.25%|
|1 year to 375 days||6.25%||6.75%|
|376 days to 540 days||7.25%||7.75%|
|541 days to 599 days||7.25%||7.75%|
|601 days to <2 years||7.25%||7.75%|
|2 years to <2 years and 6 months||7.25%||7.75%|
|2 years and 6 months||7.25%||7.75%|
|2 years, 6 months and 1 day to <3 years||7.50%||8.00%|
|3 years to <4 years||6.50%||7.00%|
|4 years to <5 years||6.50%||7.00%|
|5 years and above||6.50%||7.00%|
The DBS Bank FD rates for non-resident external (NRE) accounts are mentioned in the table below:
|Tenure||Interest Rate (p.a.)|
|1 year to 375 days||6.25%|
|376 days to 540 days||6.50%|
|541 days to <2 years||6.25%|
|2 years to <2 years and 6 months||5.75%|
|2 years and 6 months||5.25%|
|2 years, 6 months and 1 day to <3 years||5.25%|
|3 years to <4 years||5.00%|
|4 years to <5 years||5.00%|
|5 years and above||5.00%|
DBS Bank offers a wide range of FD schemes at different DBS Bank FD rates that depositors can choose as per their convenience and needs. The different types of DBS Bank FD accounts available include:
- The minimum deposit amount is INR 10,000.
- Tenure of investment ranges from 7 days to 5 years and above.
- Reinvestment of the interest component of the original deposit is allowed.
- For senior citizens depositing less than INR 2 crores for an investment period of 181 days and above, the DBS Bank interest rate that is applicable is 0.50% p.a. higher.
- For deposits below 6 months, a simple interest rate is paid to depositors.
- The interest for FDs with a tenure of 6 months and above is compounded every quarter.
- Monthly payout options are available at a discount.
- Depositors can opt for the available quarterly payout option.
- The minimum deposit amount for DBS Bank FD Flexi schemes is INR 10,000.
- Depositors can save multiples of INR 1,000 to less than INR 15 lakh (the maximum limit) for a tenure of 364 days.
- The Flexi deposits are liquidated in multiples of INR 1 and the balance can continue to earn interest based on the originally discussed DBS fixed deposit interest rate.
- In case a savings account has multiple FDs linked, the last created FD is broken first to ensure that the depositor earns maximum returns
- DBS Bank has different types of savings accounts and for each, balance thresholds as mentioned below
- Savings Plus – INR 50,000
- Savings Power Plus – INR 2,00,000
- Treasures Savings – INR 5,00,000
- Non-resident Indians (NRIs) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) are eligible for these DBS Bank FD schemes.
- These FDs can be opened jointly with non-resident or resident Indian citizens.
- Simple interest on these deposits is paid on FDs with tenures of less than 6 months.
- Interest is compounded quarterly for FDs with a tenure of 6 months or above.
- Although the principal amount is not completely repatriable, the interest earned on the deposit can be converted and transferred to any foreign currency.
- Depositors can opt for auto-renewal and nomination facilities.
- These accounts must be maintained for at least 7 days to earn interest on the deposited amount.
- Depositors can hold their principal amount in these currencies – US dollar (USD), Hong Kong dollar (HKD), Singapore dollar (SGD), Canadian dollar (CAD), Australian dollar (AUD), and Pound Sterling (GBP).
- These FDs are available for a tenure ranging from 1 year to 5 years.
- There is no requirement for a minimum deposit amount for these FDs.
- With DBS Bank’s internet banking facility, depositors have 24/7 access to their accounts
- No interest is paid on the deposit if they are withdrawn before 1 year from the date of maturity or renewal
In cases of premature withdrawal, 1% is deducted from the original DBS fixed deposit interest rate that was applicable. The applicable rate is the lower of the following conditions:
- The original DBS Bank FD rates
- DBS Bank FD interest rates applicable during the time of deposit for which the FD remained
Interested in opening an account to invest in an FD and take advantage of the attractive DBS Bank FD rates? Check this DBS Bank FD calculator where you can check your total investment summary after entering some basic information.
Investing in FDs has always been easy. With so many attractive DBS Bank FD rates, it is wise to open an account and invest in a DBS Bank FD today.
DBS Bank FD Rates FAQs :-
Yes, premature withdrawal of DBS Bank FD schemes is allowed, but you must check the penal rate applicable.
Yes, DBS Bank offers nomination options for their FD schemes.
DBS Bank FD schemes allow investment at as low as INR 5,000 for an investment tenure of 3 months to 5 years.
The minimum DBS Bank FD rate offered is 2.50%.