If you want to apply for a PAN Card, which is a very important document, especially if you’re an income tax payer, you can do so at NSDL website (now known as Protean eGov). In this article, we will talk about how to apply for NSDL PAN Card, i.e. PAN Card via NSDL and also the process of e PAN download via NSDL.
How to Apply NSDL PAN Card?
To apply for a PAN Card via NSDL, you can follow the given steps:
- Go to Protean eGov TINPAN at https://www.protean-tinpan.com/services/pan/pan-index.html
- Open ‘Services’ tab and click on ‘PAN’
- Scroll down and select the ‘Apply’ option
- Select Application Type (New PAN for Indian Citizen or Foreign Citizen or for Changes or Corrections in Existing PAN) and Category (Individual, AOPs, Company etc.)
- Fill Applicant’s Information (Name and date of birth)
- Given declaration and enter Captcha
- Now click on Submit after reviewing the application
- Next, you’ll be required to upload your photograph, signature, ID proof, address proof, etc.
- Make the payment through any online payment mode available
Upon successful submission and payment for PAN Card application via NSDL, you will receive an acknowledgement number. Save this number for future reference.
Your application will then be processed by NSDL, and you will receive your PAN card once the process is complete.
NSDL PAN Track
After you’ve applied for a new PAN Card via NSDL, you are required to wait for a period of 15-20 days within which you should receive it at the communication address mentioned by you in the PAN Card application. However, if it’s been more than that, you can always track your PAN Card by following these steps:
- Go to NSDL PAN track status page at https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pantan/StatusTrack.html
- You’ll land on an online form (refer the image below)
- Choose Application Type as PAN – New/Change Request
- Type in your PAN Card application acknowledgement number
- Enter Captcha and click on Submit to know the status of your PAN Card application
NSDL PAN Card Download
For those of who already have a PAN Card in physical format, you must know that now you can also download a digital or electronically signed e PAN. This can be done completely free of cost at the NSDL (now Protean eGov) website). However, if you want to make any changes or corrections to your existing PAN card and then get the same in the form of an ePAN, you’ll be required to pay charges of Rs 8.26 (inclusive of GST).
About NSDL & PAN
NSDL stands for National Securities Depository Limited. It is the first and largest depository in India which was established back in the year of 1996. It is one of the only two legal entities authorized by the Govt. of India to accept and issue PAN Cards. Individuals and entities can apply for a PAN card through NSDL’s online portal or through designated PAN centers.
However, now NSDL eGov has been rebranded as Protean eGov. So all the PAN-related services that NSDL eGov offered are available on Protean eGov.
Read more about topics related to PAN:
NSDL PAN Card: FAQs
Go to https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/ReprintEPan.html and fill in the details asked. Submit the form and make the payment to complete the reprint of PAN via NSDL application.
Go to NSDL PAN Change Request page at https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html and click on ‘Changes or Corrections in Existing PAN Data’ under the Application Type. Now fill the entire online form and make the payment to complete the request.
You’ll be required to pay Rs 50 online which is inclusive of GST if the dispatch is for an address in India. Else it’s Rs 959 (inclusive of GST).