Do you need to make correction in your existing PAN card? Maybe, changing your name after marriage or changing your address due to relocation? With PAN Card correction form, you can make changes to your PAN card easily, both online as well as offline.
What is PAN Card Correction Form?
The PAN Card Correction Form is a form that is used to make changes or corrections in your PAN card details. You can download this form from the NSDL or UTIITSL website and fill it offline. You can then submit this form along with the supporting documents to the nearest TIN facilitation center.
PAN Card Correction NSDL – Online
You can make changes or corrections in your PAN card details online through NSDL. This is how:
- Visit the NSDL PAN card correction form – https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html
- Click on ‘Application Type’ and select ‘Changes or Correction in existing PAN Data’ option.
- Fill in the required details such as your PAN number, name, address, and contact details.
- Upload the supporting documents for the changes or corrections you want to make.
- Pay the fee and submit the form.
- Once your application is processed, your updated PAN card will be sent to your address within the stipulated time.
PAN Card Correction: Offline
You can make changes or corrections in your PAN card details offline by filling the PAN Card Correction Form and submitting it along with the supporting documents to the nearest TIN facilitation center. The TIN facilitation center will process your application and update your PAN card details.
Check PAN Card Correction Status
You can check the status of your PAN Card Correction application through the NSDL or UTIITSL website. Here are the steps to check the status of your PAN Card Correction application:
- Visit the NSDL or UTIITSL website.
- Click on the “Check PAN Card Status” link.
- Select the “PAN – New/Change Request” option from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your PAN number and click on the “Submit” button.
- Enter the Captcha code and click on the “Submit” button.
- You will be able to see the status of your PAN Card Correction application on the screen.
The status of your application could be one of the following:
- Application Received – This means that your application has been received by NSDL or UTIITSL, and is being processed.
- Under Process – This means that your application is currently being processed by NSDL or UTIITSL.
- Disapproved – This means that your application has been rejected due to some reason. You will receive a letter specifying the reason for rejection.
- Dispatched – This means that your PAN card has been dispatched by NSDL or UTIITSL to your address. You will receive an SMS with the tracking number of the shipment.
Read more about topics related to PAN:
PAN Card Correction: FAQs
Apart from the existing details on your PAN card and the changes you wish to make, you’ll need to provide your PAN as well as Aadhaar Number. Also, you’d need documents to support the change you require, i.e. ID proof, address proof and/or age proof.
Yes. You can go to PAN card application link and choose PAN card correction option in either UTIITSL or NSDL (now Protean) website. Alternatively, you can download PAN card correction form (page jump) and submit it offline as well.
Under Process means that your PAN card correct request is being considered and new PAN card will be approved or disapproved basis findings of the enquiry.