With digital India on the run, individuals now have the option of PAN Card download. This option is provided to make it easy for individuals to obtain a copy of their PAN card in case they have lost the physical card or need it for some other purpose.
Let’s learn how to go about an e PAN card download and more in this post.
How to Download PAN Card Online?
For PAN Card download PDF (Permanent Account Number) card, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the Income Tax Department of India E-Filing Portal at https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home.
- Click on the “Instant E-PAN” tab and then hit the simply click the third option of Check status/Download PAN”.
- Now, enter your Aadhaar Number and click the “Continue” button.
- Validate with the OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
- Now, you will again see the option of Download e-PAN. Click on it.
And you’re done!
You must have a mobile number linked with Aadhaar to download the e-PAN card.
What is e PAN Card?
e-PAN or electronic PAN is a digital version of the physical PAN (Permanent Account Number) card that can easily be downloaded from the Income Tax Department’s e-filing portal. It is also available for download at the UTIITSL and NSDC (now Protean) websites. It contains the same information as that of a physical PAN card and is equally valid.
How to Download PAN Card Online through NSDL?
Please note that NSDL e-Gov has made changed to Protean which is an all-new portal by the Tax Information Network of Income Tax Department. However, currently Protean does not provide the download option but you can apply for new PAN on this website.
To download a PAN card online through NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited), you can follow the steps given below:
- Click on this link to directly go to the e PAN download page: https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/requestAndDownloadEPAN.html
You will see an online form like this:
- Click on the “PAN” tab (alternatively you can also download e PAN card by acknowledgment number by simply clicking on that option).
- Enter your PAN which is a mandatory field.
- Next, you are required to provided your Aadhaar Number (only for individuals).
- Now, provide your date of birth by selecting your month of birth and year of birth.
- Next option is optional, i.e. to provide GSTN.
- Give declarations and enter Captcha.
- Click on Submit and proceed with instructions as they appear next on your screen.
Important Guidelines to Download e PAN Card:
- This facility is available for PAN holders whose latest application was processed through Protean.
- For the PAN applications submitted to Protean where PAN is allotted or changes are confirmed by ITD within last 30 days, e-PAN card can be downloaded free of cost three times.
- If the PAN is allotted / changes in PAN Data are confirmed by ITD prior to 30 days, you’ll be paying charges of Rs 8.26 (inclusive of taxes) for download of e-PAN Card.
Source: Tax Information Network of Income Tax Department
How to Download PAN Card Online through UTIITSL?
To download a PAN card online through UTIITSL (UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited), you can follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official UTIITSL website at https://www.utiitsl.com/.
- Look for ‘PAN Card Services’ under the ‘Our Services’ section and click on it.
- Find ‘Download e-PAN’ and click on the link to download e PAN Card in the widget.
You will be redirected to an online form to download PAN card online, like this:
- Fill in your PAN number and month and year of birth in the MMYYYY format.
- IF you have a GSTN, fill it.
- Enter the Captcha and click on ‘Submit’ and move to the next steps for e PAN card download.
How to Check e PAN Card Status?
You can check the status of your e-PAN card online by following the steps given below:
- Visit the official e-filing portal of the Income Tax Department at https://www.incometax.gov.in/.
- Click on the “Quick Links” tab and select ” e-PAN Status” from the dropdown menu.
- Now, select the ‘Check Status/ Download PAN’ option by clicking on the ‘Continue’ button.
- Enter your Aadhaar Number and again, hit the ‘Continue’ button.
If your e-PAN card has been generated, the status will be displayed as “e-PAN has been allotted and SMS has been sent to the mobile number mentioned in the application form”.
If you have applied for a physical PAN card through UTIITSL or NSDL, you can check the status of your application by visiting the respective website and entering your acknowledgement number or PAN number in the “Track PAN Card Status” section. You can also check the status of your application by calling the helpline numbers provided on the website.
UTIITSL Helpline Number for PAN Queries
- PAN All India Customer Care Number: +91 33 40802999, 033 408029999
- Timings for PAN Card Customer Care Centre: 9 am to 8 pm (all days)
- Email ID: email@example.com
NSDL Helpline Number for PAN Queries
For queries related to PAN, you can call on this number to get in touch with NSDL:
(020) 272 18080
How to Download Duplicate PAN Card PDF?
If you have lost your original PAN card or need a copy of it, you can apply for a duplicate PAN card by following these steps:
- Visit the NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited) or UTIITSL (UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited) website.
- Click on the “Reprint PAN Card” option.
- Fill in the required details, such as your PAN number, date of birth, and other personal details.
- Pay the processing fee for the duplicate PAN card application.
- Once the application is processed and approved, you can download the duplicate PAN card in PDF format from the NSDL or UTIITSL website.
Please note: It is not legal to have more than one PAN (Permanent Account Number) card in India.
Read more about topics related to PAN:
PAN Card Download: FAQs
Yes, you can go to either the NSDL or the UTIITSL website and provide basic information like your PAN number, date of birth, etc. to download your e PAN card or the PDF PAN card.
You can download your PAN card from NSDL or UTIITSL. Alternatively, you can also go to the Income Tax Department official website to download your PAN card.
Go to Income Tax India website and click on ‘Instant PAN through Aadhaar’ and then go to ‘Get New PAN’ to apply for new PAN online. This option is only available to individuals who have a valid Aadhaar card and their mobile number is linked with it.
Yes, you can check your PAN Card status on Umang App. Umang (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) is a Government of India mobile app that provides access to various government services on a single platform.
In India, the PAN card is issued by the Indian Income Tax Department through: NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited) and UTIITSL (UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited).