To apply for a PAN card or to make changes and/or corrections in your exisiting PAN card, there are two different PAN card forms, viz. PAN Card Form (49 A) and Form for ‘Request for New PAN Card or/ and Changes or Correction in PAN Data’.
Below we have given direct links to download PAN card forms, as per your requirement. Further, we have explained how to fill PAN card form and PAN card correction form.
PAN Card Form: How to Fill and Details Required
What is PAN card form? A PAN Card form, also known as Form 49A is the form which you need to submit to NSDL eGov (now Protean) or UTIITSL to apply for PAN Card. Click the link given below for revised PAN Card Form download in PDF format.
How to Fill PAN Card Form 49A Offline?
Follow the steps given below to fill revised PAN Card form 49A:
Step 1: Download the form
Step 2: Fill in the necessary details as required in the form.
Step 3: Select your category of the applicant.
Step 4: Attach the documents asked for in the application form.
Step 5: Sign the declaration on the form and affix two recent passport-size photographs.
Step 6: Pay the applicable fee and the remaining steps, if any, must be self-explanatory.
Details Required to be filled in Form 49A (PAN Card Form PDF)
Collect the following details that you need to fill in Form 49 A or new PAN Card form:
- AO code (Area Officer code)
- Full name (as per Age Proof to be attested)
- Gender (Male/Female/Transgender)
- Date of Birth (DDMMYYYY)
- Details of Parents (Father’s name is mandatory; mother’s name is optional)
- Residence Address
- Office Address
- Telephone Number& Email ID
- Status of Applicant (Individual, Company and HUF, etc.)
- Registration Number (for companies and firms etc.)
- Aadhaar Number or Enrollment Number of Aadhaar Allotment
- Source of Income
- Representative Assessee (full name and address)
- ID Proof, Address Proof and Age Proof
Please note that PAN Card 49A Form should be filled in BLOCK Letters and in English only.
How to fill PAN Card Form 49A Online?
You can fill the PAN Card form 49 A online by following these steps:
- Visit UTIITLS or NSDL (now Protean).
- Find and click the ‘Apply for New PAN Card (Form 49A)’ link.
- Select the category of the applicant (individual, company, firm, etc.) and type the required details.
- Upload required documents including your ID proof, residence proof, etc.
- Review the application form.
- Take a printout of the application form.
- Sign the printed application form and attach two recent passport-sized photos (preferable coloured).
- Send the signed application form along with the required documents to the address provided on the website.
Once the application is processed and approved, the PAN card will be sent to the address mentioned in the application form.
PAN Card Correction Form: How to Change Name, Address in PAN Card
Follow these steps to make changes/corrections in your PAN Card
- Visit the official website of the Income Tax Department of India – https://www.incometax.gov.in/.
- On the homepage, click on the ‘Services’ tab, and then click on ‘PAN’ from the dropdown menu.
- Under the ‘Services’ section, click on ‘Apply for PAN’ and then click on ‘Apply Online’.
- On the next page, select the appropriate category – individual, association of persons, company, etc.
- Fill in all the required details such as name, address, date of birth, etc.
- In the ‘Correction’ section, select the checkbox for the type of correction you want to make – name, date of birth, father’s name, etc.
- Upload the scanned copies of the supporting documents for the correction.
- Pay the required fee for the correction using any of the available payment modes.
- Once the payment is successful, you will receive an acknowledgement receipt with a 15-digit acknowledgement number.
- Save and take a printout of the acknowledgement receipt for future reference.
Note: You can also fill the PAN card correction form online by visiting the NSDL or UTIITSL website, which are the two authorized agencies for issuing PAN cards in India.
Read more about topics related to PAN:
PAN Card Form: FAQs
Form 49A it the application form for allotment of Permanent Account Number. Form 49A is to submitted by Indian Citizens/Indian Companies/Entities incorporated in India/ Unincorporated entities formed in India to apply for a new PAN.
Form 49AA is PAN card form which is to submitted by Individuals who are not citizens of India. It is also for entities incorporated outside India /Unincorporated entities formed outside of India for new PAN application.
You can fill PAN card form 49A online at UTIITSL, NSDL or Income Tax Department website. Check the steps here. (Page Jump)
If you’re an Indian ‘Person’, you need to submit Form 49A for new PAN Card application. For non-citizens of India, there is PAN Card From 49AA.
A PAN is a unique 10-digit alphanumeric identifier issued by the Indian Income Tax Department. You need PAN for various financial transactions such as filing income tax returns, opening a bank account, buying or selling property, and more.