Imagine snowfall gently kissing you on top of a hill, while the rest of the world lies far below. It evokes a serene feeling, doesn’t it?
After all, that’s the vacation experience. A break from the noise and stress of the world. Now it would be bad if something troubling interrupts this.
This is what travel insurance covers. It protects your vacation from the small road bumps that might derail your overall trip.
It’s a must have if you have been planning that dream vacation for years and are now finally getting to it.
Now what is a travel insurance? You might also be tempted to ask me as to what travel insurance covers from all the list of possible dangers that might befall you on a trip.
- Travel insurance can be a life savior, literally. Do not dismiss it as a worthless expenditure.
- While buying the right travel insurance, it is important that you educate yourself about what travel insurance covers.
- While it is important to know what travel insurance covers, it is also equally important to know what does travel insurance not cover.
- A lot of countries have made travel insurance mandatory for incoming people. So if you are planning a trip abroad, buy a travel insurance package.
How Important Is Travel Insurance To Secure Your Trip?
When Shivangi and Sarah decided they would take a flight to Goa, they made a huge mistake. Unaware of what travel insurance covers, both the girls refused to buy a travel insurance coverage.
They believed that what travel insurance covers, they could pay from their own pocket. Unfortunately, Sarah got into a car accident, and she was taken to the hospital. The bill was too heavy and in order to pay for the medical expenses, both the girls decided to end the rest of their trip. Sad, isn’t it?
You do not have to be like Sarah and Shivangi. You can prepare for these kinds of accidents by buying a travel insurance coverage. And this is why you need to know first about what travel insurance covers. Because once you know what travel insurance covers, you will realize its utmost importance on your own.
5 Essentials Covered by Travel Insurance
Now to answer your question about what travel insurance covers, take a quick glance at the following list:
Your Medical Bills Is The Most Important Thing Under What Travel Insurance Covers
Even if you are 100% confident that nothing will happen to you, there’s a small chance that you might fall sick. Or you might get into an accident. So, if buy a travel insurance coverage, your medical bills will be paid for, in the case of an accident or ill health. This is the number one thing in the list of what travel insurance covers.
Your Travel Insurance Coverage Covers Your Loss Of Baggage & Passport
When you are learning about what travel insurance covers, you will come to know that you will be insured if your luggage or passport goes missing. Now isn’t that great?
We all have a habit of misplacing our stuff time and again. Sometimes, this habit can prove expensive. But to lower the cost as well as the heartbreak from losing your luggage packed with your favorite garments, your travel insurance coverage will pay for it.
Your Travel Insurance Coverage Protects Your Family As Well
In the list of what travel insurance covers, you will also find that your family members are insured. So, if any one of them falls sick or gets injured, know that your travel insurance coverage will pay for it. Amazing what travel insurance covers, isn’t it?
Your Travel Cover Will Pay For You If Your Trip Gets Cancelled Or Delayed
Again, in the list of what travel insurance covers, know that you will also be covered if your trip is canceled or delayed. So don’t sweat if you feel that you lost a lot of money on that cancelled flight. You will get your money back and soon enough, you will laying back, sipping your favorite drink at the beach.
Unexpected Natural Disasters & Terrorist Attacks Also Fall Under What Travel Insurance Covers
You are enjoying your nice vacation on the beach when a huge tsunami wave floods comes crashing down. You have to evacuate, and, in the process, you might lose a lot of financial losses. Well, one of the things what travel insurance covers are natural disasters. So, if you have to be evacuated, know that this is also something that falls under what travel insurance covers. This also counts for terrorist attacks.
Top Reasons Why Travel Insurance Coverage Should Be on Your Checklist
You have planned a beautiful vacation. Maybe because you want to rekindle the romance with your spouse. Or you just want to reconnect with friends and family members. Either way, you are promising yourself an experience of a paradise and comfort.
So why ruin it with little troubles like baggage lost or huge medical expenses? You know what travel insurance covers and so, you realize just how crucial travel insurance is for your vacation. It is that magic tool, warding off all the evil spirits.
You will be protected from high hospital bills. You will be secure even if you incur financial losses on losing your baggage. If your family member falls sick, you are still financially covered for it.
Heck, if you find yourself trapped in an unimaginable disaster, then also a travel insurance will help. All in all, what travel insurance covers is a vacation devoid of frustrating financially anxieties.
Is Taking a Travel Insurance Coverage Mandatory?
Now that you are well aware of what travel insurance covers, you might be wondering if it is really mandatory for your travel. You might be wondering that for everything what travel insurance covers, you can pay out of your own pocket.
However, a lot of countries have made a travel cover mandatory if you are going to travel to that place. Most notable of them include USA, France, Russia, Spain, Germany & Sweden. There are more. So, when you are educating yourself about what travel insurance covers, also check upon whether your destination country requires a mandatory travel insurance coverage.
Choosing the Right Travel Insurance Coverage
When choosing the right travel cover, it is important to know what does travel insurance cover. Here’s a list of factors that you should make sure when checking for what travel insurance covers:
- Destination & Purpose Of Your Travel: You will require a bigger travel insurance coverage if you travel internationally occasionally, as compared to travelling within your own country once or twice. Because you will have a higher chance of meeting unpredictable troubles in the first case.
- Previous Medical History: When you are looking at what travel insurance covers, make sure it covers for your pre-existing medical illness. Sometimes pre-exiting medical conditions falls under the list of what does travel insurance not cover. If that happens in your case, then a travel insurance will be meaningless. Afterall, you would have to go to the hospital and your travel cover won’t even pay for it.
- Insurance Amount: When checking upon what travel insurance covers, make sure you look at the insurance coverage for different items. For instance, your insurance money would be 10 million. However, you only get 5 million for your baggage loss. Now you might want to increase that amount if you will be carrying expensive valuables with you.
- Know What Does Travel Insurance Not Cover: While it is important to know about what travel insurance covers, it is equally important to know about what does travel insurance not cover. For instance, some schemes do not cover injuries due to adventure sports. This can be a disadvantage to the policyholder.
- Compare Different Insurance Packages: Make a list of what travel insurance covers: benefits and the insurance money. Now once you have this for one travel insurance coverage, do this for other packages as well. Make a comparison and then make an informed decision.
Do You Know?
People are slowly realizing the importance of travel insurance. This is evident from the statistics reported by Comparepolicy.com. They have observed that the travel insurance industry is expected to see an annual increase by 10-15%.
Word To Remember
It’s a term used for the person who avails the services of an insurance package. Once you know what travel insurance covers and you buy the right travel cover for yourself, you will also be a policyholder.
A travel insurance plan is a safety net that will smoothen any financial hassle you will encounter on your trip. So, it’s not just a useless investment, contrary to what many people might think. Also, a lot of countries have made it mandatory for visiting people to have a travel insurance.
Now, when you are choosing a travel insurance package, make sure you are well aware of what travel insurance covers. You should also be aware of what does travel insurance not cover. Doing this kind of research will help you make an informed decision about buying the right package.
Absolutely not. Once you know what travel insurance covers, you will realise just how important a travel cover can be.
When educating yourself about what travel insurance covers, be aware of the following factors:
Medical Benefits & Other Benefits
Total Amount Covered Under Insurance and Amount For Each Item
What Does Travel Insurance Not Cover
If you don’t find pre-existing medical conditions under what travel insurance covers, then you might want to consider some other package.
Yes. A lot of countries have made a travel cover mandatory. So do your research, know what travel insurance covers, and buy the right travel cover for yourself.
If that is not there under what travel insurance covers, then you should look for another travel insurance coverage.