A widow pension scheme helps provide financial support to the poor widows in India. Widows living in a household below the poverty line are eligible to avail the benefits of this pension scheme. The beneficiary must apply through a prescribed form.
The Widow Pension Scheme was launched by the central government all over the country. The Widow Pension Scheme implemented in Uttar Pradesh is known as Vidhwa Pension Yojana. The Widow Pension Scheme aims to empower widowed women and support them in society. This article will help you understand everything you need to know about the widow pension scheme.
Difference Between Commuted Pension & Uncommuted Pension
Family pensions are of two types – Commuted pension and uncommuted pension. Let us take a look at the key differences between them.
|In this pension, a lump sum amount is taken by commuting the whole or part of the pension.
|Pension is received at regular intervals
|Family pension exemptions are there.
|They are fully taxable
|Payment is non-periodic
|Payment is periodic
Eligibility Criteria For Vidhwa Pension
- Widowed women who are between 18 years to 60 years are negligible to apply for the Widow Pension Scheme.
- Women under the BPL(Below Poverty Line) can only apply for the widow pension.
- The widow should not get re-married.
- If the woman’s children become an adult and can maintain her, she will not be eligible to avail of benefits under the vidhwa pension yojana.
- Pension schemes are provided for financial support and security to the widows.
- The 6 main pension schemes in India are the National pension scheme, Atal pension yojana, Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandhana Yojana, Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme, Employee Pension Scheme, and the Varishtha Pension Bima Yojana.
- The family pension scheme is another commonly used pension scheme in India.
- The family pension scheme is the money provided to the family of the government servant when they die during service.
- If there are no widowed women, the children of the deceased are entitled to the family pension.
Also Read: Post Office Pension Scheme
Purpose & Advantages of Vidhwa Pension Yojana
The main objective behind this Widow Pension Scheme is to support widowed women who face financial difficulties. Widowed women have many responsibilities and have to face severe financial difficulties, especially those who are below the poverty line. Keeping these hardships in mind, the government launched the Vidhwa Pension Scheme, where you can see the vidhwa pension list to have more idea about the data. The vidhwa pension list will be available in the government portal.
Through this vidhwa pension Yojana, the government provides financial assistance for widowed women for their living. With this, widowed women need not depend on others to fulfil their needs. The other key advantages of the widow pension scheme are: –
- The Government of India provides financial assistance to the widows.
- The beneficiary receives Rs. 300 per month starting from the date of the passing of her husband.
- The pension is directly transferred to the account of the widow.
- Widows above the age of 80 years get Rs. 800 every month.
Also Check: NPS Benefits
Documents Required for the Vidhwa Pension Scheme
The following are the documents required to apply for the Vidhwa Pension Scheme:
- Birth certificate of the applicant
- Income Certificate
- Passport Size photograph
- Bank passbook
- BPL ration card
- Death certificate of husband
How to Apply for Widow Pension (Vidhwa Pension Scheme) Online?
For an applicant to apply for the Widow Pension Scheme online:
- The first step is to visit the official website of the respective state and log in using the respective credentials
- Click the field to download or select it to fill out the form
- Fill out the form and download the form as a word document or direct printout
- After the necessary information is filled in, the applicant has to submit the duly filled form to the Municipal Corporation Commissioner or Janpad Panchayat Officer
To access the offline application of the Widow Pension Scheme, you should get the widow pension form. The widow pension form will be available at the Municipal Corporation Office or Panchayat Office. If the applicant finds it difficult to apply offline through the widow pension form, they can opt for the online mode of application.
Also Read: Pension Planner
How Much is a Widow’s Pension?
The beneficiary of the widow pension scheme receives Rs. 300 per month starting from the date of the passing of her husband. Widows above the age of 80 years get Rs. 800 every month.
Vidhwa Pension Yojana Online
The Widow Pension Scheme’s main objective is to empower widowed women and support them. We have also learned that the Widow Pension Scheme is implemented by different state governments differently. In this regard, the widow pension offered in Uttar Pradesh is known as Vidhwa pension yojana. The beneficiary under the scheme should apply through prescribed forms.
Vidhwa Pension List
The vidhwa pension list is a list of data showing widowed women who have enrolled in the Widow Pension Scheme. The vidhwa pension list also gives information about each district of the respective state and the number of widowed women enrolled in the pension scheme. The vidhwa pension list differs from each state, as each state will have different plans in the vidhwa pension yojana. Also, the vidhwa pension list will differ every year since the number of widowed women enrolling will change every year.
Pension schemes are provided in every country to support the people who do not have a steady income. We have learned about the different pension schemes in India and gone through a brief learning process about the family pension in India.
The Widow Pension Scheme is one of the most widely used schemes that aid widowed women who are financially weak. The Widow Pension Scheme, also referred to as the Vidhwa Pension Scheme, was launched by the Central government to support financially destitute widowed women.
Frequently Asked Questions
Generally, the states offer a minimum of Rs.300 to Rs.500 per month. However, the amount may vary among different states.
Some of the state pensions will be given to the wife once her husband dies. The widow may also get an extra state pension if the widow reaches the age of state pension.
Women who are older than 58 years can avail of old-age pension benefits. The beneficiary should have a maximum income of Rs.2000 per month to avail of the benefits of this scheme.
The following are the advantages of the Widow Pension Scheme:
– The widow gets Rs. 300 per month immediately after her husband dies.
– The pension is directly transferred to the bank account of the individual.
– If the beneficiary is more than 80 years, then she will get a pension of Rs.500 per month.
Widowed women below the poverty line are only entitled to the Widow Pension Scheme. The women should be between 18-60 years and should not get re-married.
A widow between the age of 18 years and 60 years is eligible to apply for the widow pension scheme.
The widows above the age of 18 years in Haryana are eligible for the pension scheme. The eligibility is the same all over India.