Canara Bank offers a range of banking products and services, including savings accounts, current accounts, fixed deposits, recurring deposits, loans, credit cards, debit cards, and internet banking. In this post, we will talk about Canara Bank mobile banking, netbanking and other some basic information important for the customers.
About Canara Bank
Canara Bank is a leading public sector bank in India with a wide range of banking and financial services. The bank was founded in 1906 and has its headquarters in Bengaluru, Karnataka. Canara Bank has a strong network of over 10,000 branches and 14,000 ATMs across India, making it easily accessible to customers in both urban and rural areas.
Services Offered by Canara Bank
Here is a brief overview of some of the key services offered by Canara Bank:
Canara Bank Netbanking: Canara Bank net banking service provides customers with a convenient and secure way to access their accounts online. With net banking, customers can check their account balance, view transaction history, transfer funds, pay bills, and much more.
Canara Bank Mobile Banking: Canara Bank offers a mobile banking app (Canara ai1) that you can download on your smartphone. After logging in to the app, you can check your account balance, view account statements, and perform several other banking transactions.
Debit Cards: Canara Bank offers a range of debit cards to suit different customer needs. The bank’s debit cards are equipped with EMV chip technology, making them secure and less vulnerable to fraud. The Canara bank debit cards also come with a range of benefits and rewards, such as cashback offers, discounts, and loyalty points.
Accounts: Canara Bank offers various types of savings accounts and current accounts to suit different customer needs. The bank’s savings accounts come with a range of benefits, such as free ATM withdrawals, SMS alerts, and mobile banking. The bank’s current accounts are designed for businesses and come with a range of features, such as overdraft facilities, free NEFT/RTGS transactions, and cash management services.
NEFT: Like all the other scheduled commercial banks in India, Canara Bank also provides its customers with the option of NEFT for fund transfers – online and at-the-branch. While the online option can be exercised using netbanking or mobile banking options with no charges, at-the-branch NEFT requires customers to use Canara Bank NEFT Form and also pay Canara Bank NEFT charges (ranging from Rs .25 to Rs 25.00 per transaction) as levied by the bank for processing the request. Please check your branch timings as well as the Canara Bank holiday list before heading to your branch.
Suggested Read: Canara Bank NEFT
RTGS: Real Time Gross Settlement is another option to transfer funds electronically and Canara Bank offers it as well. You can do it online or at the branch, both. However, if you choose the latter, you’d be required to fill & submit a duly-signed Canara Bank RTGS form. There are time limits for submitting this form and we advise you to check Canara Bank Timings so that you can initiate the request in time.
Suggested Read: UPI Charges for Merchants
Other Services: Canara Bank offers a range of other banking and financial services, such as loans, credit cards, insurance, and investment products. The bank’s loan products include home loans, car loans, personal loans, and education loans. The bank’s credit cards come with a range of benefits, such as reward points, cashback offers, and discounts on shopping and dining.
Canara Bank Balance Enquiry
Canara Bank provides several ways for its customers to check their account balance, making it convenient for them to keep track of their finances. Here are some of the ways you can perform a Canara Bank balance enquiry:
- Canara Bank Missed Call Balance Enquiry
This is the easiest and fastest way to check your Canara Bank account balance. To use this service, you need to register your mobile number with the bank. Once your number is registered, all you need to do is give a missed call to the Canara Bank balance check number – 09015483483. The call will automatically disconnect, and you will receive an SMS with your account balance.
- Canara Bank Internet Banking
If you have registered for Canara Bank internet banking service, you can check your account balance online. Log in to your net banking account and select the account for which you want to check the balance. The balance will be displayed on the screen. Likewise, you can check your bank balance using the Canara Bank ai1 mobile app.
3. Canara Bank ATM
You can also check your Canara Bank account balance by visiting any of the bank’s ATMs. Insert your ATM card and enter your PIN to access the account balance option. The ATM will display your account balance on the screen.
One more option that you must know about is Canara Bank mini statement. This option can be used to check the last 5 transactions done in your account. You may call on 09015613613 or 09015734734 to get your mini statement instantly.
Canara Bank: Types of Accounts
Here are the different types of accounts that you can open with Canara Bank:
- Savings Account: Canara Bank’s Savings Account is designed for individuals who want to save money and earn interest on their deposits. This account offers several features such as a minimum balance requirement, ATM and debit card facilities, and online banking.
- Current Account: The Current Account offered by Canara Bank is suitable for business owners, entrepreneurs, and companies. This account is designed to meet their daily transactional needs, with features such as cheque book facilities, online banking, and overdraft facilities.
- Fixed Deposit Account: Canara Bank’s Fixed Deposit Account is a type of investment account that allows you to earn higher interest rates on your deposits. You can choose the tenure of your deposit and the interest rate will be fixed for the entire duration of the deposit.
- Recurring Deposit Account: Canara Bank’s Recurring Deposit Account is a type of investment account that allows you to save a fixed amount every month for a specific period. You can choose the tenure of the deposit and the interest rate will be fixed for the entire duration of the deposit.
- NRI Account: Canara Bank also offers NRI (Non-Resident Indian) Accounts for individuals who live abroad but want to maintain a banking relationship with an Indian bank. The NRI account includes features such as foreign currency deposits, online banking, and remittance facilities.
- Demat Account: Canara Bank’s Demat Account allows you to hold shares and other securities in an electronic format. This account is necessary for trading in the stock market and offers features such as online trading, instant access to securities, and reduced paperwork.
Canara Bank Debit Cards: Features
Canara Bank offers debit cards to its customers, which are linked to their savings or current accounts. These debit cards provide a convenient and secure way to make transactions, both online and offline. Here are some features of Canara Bank’s debit cards:
- International usage
- Online usage
- Contactless payments
- ATM withdrawals
- Lost card protection/insurance
Canara Bank Credit Cards
Canara Bank offers a range of credit cards to suit the needs of different customers. These are the types of credit cards offered by Canara Bank:
- Visa Classic / MasterCard Standard Credit Card
- Visa Gold / MasterCard Gold Credit Card
- Visa Classic / MasterCard Standard Global Credit Card
- Visa Gold / MasterCard Gold Global Credit Card
- Canara Bank Corporate Credit Card
- Canara Bank Visa Classic / MasterCard Standard Debit Card
- Canara Bank Visa Gold / MasterCard Gold Debit Card
Features of Canara Bank Credit Cards
Here are some of the key features of Canara Bank credit cards:
- Rewards Programs: Canara Bank credit cards come with rewards programs that allow customers to earn points for every purchase they make using the card. These points can be redeemed for various rewards such as merchandise, travel, and cashback.
- Cashback Offers: Some Canara Bank credit cards offer cashback on specific purchases or on overall spending, providing customers with additional savings.
- Travel Benefits: Canara Bank credit cards offer various travel benefits such as airport lounge access, travel insurance, and discounts on hotel bookings and airfare.
- Contactless Payments: Canara Bank credit cards come with contactless payment technology, allowing customers to make payments by simply tapping their card on the payment terminal.
- Online Transactions: Canara Bank credit cards can be used for online transactions such as shopping, bill payments, and booking tickets. These transactions are secured through multiple layers of authentication, ensuring the safety of the customer’s financial information.
- Balance Transfer Facility: Canara Bank credit cards offer a balance transfer facility, allowing customers to transfer their outstanding balance from other credit cards to their Canara Bank credit card at a lower interest rate.
- Easy EMI Options: Canara Bank credit cards provide easy EMI options for large purchases, allowing customers to pay for their purchases in instalments and avoid the burden of a lump-sum payment.
Also, read about other Banks:
|Bank of Baroda||Central Bank of India|
|Bank of India||Indian Bank|
|Bank of Maharashtra||Indian Overseas Bank|
Canara Bank: FAQs
1800 425 0018 is the toll free Canara Bank customer care number.
Go to https://www.canarabank.in/, click on retail net banking and enter your username, password and captcha for Canara Bank netbanking login.
You can check your Canara Bank mini statement online by logging into Canara Bank netbanking account.
Canara Bank customers can check their account balance online through net banking portal, using the Canara Bank mobile app, sending an SMS, or calling the toll-free number.
Any Indian citizen, resident or non-resident, above the age of 18 years can open a savings account with Canara Bank. In addition, minors can also open a savings account with Canara Bank, provided it is operated jointly with a parent or guardian. You must have a PAN card as well as residence proof for opening any type of account in Canara Bank.
No, Canara Bank does not currently offer an online facility to open a current account. To open a current account with Canara Bank, customers need to visit the nearest branch and complete the account opening formalities in person. However, customers can fill up an online form to schedule an appointment with a bank representative for account opening.
Yes, as per the regulations of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), it is mandatory to provide a valid Permanent Account Number (PAN) while opening a bank account in India. PAN is a unique identification number assigned to individuals and entities by the Income Tax Department of India to track their financial transactions.
While Aadhaar is not mandatory for opening a bank account, it is one of the accepted documents for identity and address proof. However, it is important to note that as per the Supreme Court’s ruling, linking Aadhaar to bank accounts is not mandatory, but it may be required for availing of certain government schemes and subsidies.