The FASTag is a simple and convenient tag that helps payment of toll charges without having to stop at the toll plazas. It is a small sticker that is stuck to your car’s windshield. When you drive through the toll plaza, the toll amount is deducted from a prepaid account linked to the FASTag. This tag uses a special technology known as RFID. Once the tag is activated it can be stuck to your car’s windshield. Read the article till last to to know how to check FASTag balance.
If you want to understand how to check FASTag balance through a bank website, follow the instructions given below:
Step 1: Visit the FASTag issuer bank’s website
Step 2: Login to the FASTag portal using login credentials
Step 3: Click on the ‘View Balance’ option
The issuer bank will provide you with a detailed statement of your FASTag account on their website. Before logging in to the FASTag portal, registering as a retail customer at the bank is necessary.
For FASTag balance check through Mobile Apps:
Step 1: Download the MyFASTag app onto your mobile from the Google Play Store or App Store. This App is supported by both IOS and Android
Step 2: Use your mobile number to register with the app
Step 3: Select the FASTag issuer branch
Step 4: Enter your vehicle number
Step 5: Enter you FASTag UPI ID
Step 6: Click on validate to proceed
Step 7: You can know your balance from the bill payments section
To do your FASTag balance check through Paytm follow the steps given below
Step 1: Open the Paytm App. You should have the latest version of Paytm App
Step 2: Use your phone number and password to log in to your account
Step 3: Click on the ‘Balance and History’ option
Step 4: If you have a single Paytm account, it is simple to view the balance. But if you have various Paytm accounts, ensure you are checking the account linked to FASTag
Step 5: Once you choose the ‘Balance and History’ option a list of Paytm services along with accounts linked will be seen on your device screen
Step 6: Choose the ‘FASTag’ option to view your FASTag balance
Step 7: If you are unable to spot the FASTag option easily you can use the search bar to find the option.
A FASTag balance check through SMS is the simplest way.
- Once you apply for FASTag, you will have to link your mobile number with the FASTag account.
- You will receive a debit notification whenever you cross a toll plaza
- An SMS will be sent to your registered mobile number along with the latest balance every time the toll is deducted from your FASTag account.
The procedure for FASTag Balance Check through Freecharge is given below:
Step 1: Download the Freecharge application onto your mobile phone
Step 2: Go to the ‘New Payments’ Section and click on the ‘FASTag Recharge’ option
Step 3: Click on the issuing bank of the FASTag
Step 4: Enter your vehicle number and tap on the ‘Next’ button to continue
Step 5: The current balance in your FASTag will be seen on your device screen
Step 6: After checking your FASTag balance, you can proceed to pay the recharge amount.
Another simple way for persons who are not comfortable with online transactions and want the balance on the go is by calling the Customer Care Number. Before you choose this option for the FASTag balance check, you will have to register your mobile number with NHAI.
After registering your mobile number, you can know your FASTag balance by calling the Customer Care number at +91-8884333331.
Below given are different benefits of using FASTag:
- Having fasting reduces your travel time. You will not be wasting time in long queues at the toll plaza. You will not have to slow down every time you are about to pass the toll plaza. You can just breeze through the toll booth.
- Congestions and traffic jams will be minimal as you need not slow down at the toll plaza.
- If you are on a long journey, you will have to cross several toll plazas. Every time you will have to pass a toll plaza you will have to dig for the cash and spend a lot of time at the booth window. With a FASTag, you will be spared of the hassle as the FASTag takes care of all your toll payments. All you have to do is to breeze past the toll plaza
- You get a notification via SMS to your registered mobile number for every toll payment. This will enable you to keep track of all your toll payments. This will be highly beneficial if you have to claim a reimbursement from your employer.
- FASTag reduces the use of paper and fuel and will benefit the environment in the long run
- Corporates and fleet owners can convert their monthly toll passes to FASTag passes through an online application
- You can easily recharge your FASTag account through various online options. It is even more convenient with the FASTag app as it can be done easily on your smartphones
- There is no need to re-register your FASTag as the validity period of the FASTag is 5 years
- The registration process for FASTag is very simple. You can do it online using the Paytm app, by visiting a toll booth or a bank, or through designated shops.