This article will learn all the necessary information about the Aadhaar bank link status. We have given a comprehensive step-by-step guide to checking Aadhaar Bank link status.
In India, nowadays, Aadhaar is the single most important identification document. So linking an Aadhaar number with a bank account can’t be exaggerated.
Linking bank accounts with Aadhaar cards is beneficial to avail of any social schemes and subsidies of the government of India via Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT). Aadhar has reduced the workload of many government departments and employees.
There are five different ways to link an Aadhaar with a bank account, which are given below –
- Go through Branch
- Via SMS
- Using mobile phone via call
- Using Internet Banking
- Using a bank mobile application
- Through an ATM
- By the supreme court’s decision, the private companies are banned from making aadhar mandatory for any service provided by them.
- By the Supreme court’s decision, an individual can appeal in the supreme court in case of any data breach.
- Bank Aadhaar link status can be checked in different ways i.e. Online through a website, mobile application, etc.
The process to check Aadhar Bank Link Status:
In this article, we will guide you on checking the aadhaar bank linking status in different ways. It is easy to check Aadhar Bank Linking status, which is detailed in this article.
After linking the Aadhaar number with the bank account, the beneficiary can avail of all the facilities. Transferring subsidies with your bank account will be an issue if no bank account is linked with Aadhaar. Through the mAadhaar app and by visiting UIDAI’s website, you can check Aadhaar bank link status and whether your bank account is linked or not.
Here is a step-by-step guideline to check whether your Aadhaar has been linked with your bank link account or not.
Step 1: Visit the Aadhaar website – www.uidai.gov.in
Step 2: Click on the ‘My Aadhaar’ section and go through Aadhaar services.
Step 3: Click on the subsection of the ‘check Aadhaar/ Bank linking status’.
Step 4: Enter your Aadhaar number and security captcha code. Click on ‘Send OTP’.
Step 5: Enter the OTP and click on login. OTP will be generated to your Aadhaar registered mobile number.
Step 6: On successful login, the website shows whether your Aadhaar number is successfully linked with your bank account.
How to check bank account linking status with Aadhaar through mAadhaar
mAadhaar is an application operated by UIDAI. We can easily access the aadhaar services like Downloading Aadhaar, Enabling- Disabling the biometrics, and other important services. Using mAadhaar, you can check your bank account linking status with your Aadhaar card. You will need to follow the following steps to check your Aadhaar bank link status.
Step 1: From the app store or google play store, download the mAadhaar app.
Step 2: Log in to the mAadhaar app.
Step 3: Click on My Aadhaar.
Step 4: Select the Aadhaar-Bank Acc link status.
Step 5: Now, enter your Aadhaar number and security captcha.
Step 6: Click on request OTP.
Step 7: Enter the OTP that you will receive on your registered mobile number.
Step 8: To know your account linked with bank status, click on ‘Verify’.
Note – your mobile number is registered with your Aadhaar number to check any updates of Aadhaar linking.
How to check Aadhaar and bank account linking status through mobile
Nowadays, with the growing digitalisation, it is important that all the necessary services are available easily through the mobile phone so that it can be easily accessed. If your mobile number is linked with your Aadhaar card in the database of UIDAI. Then you can check your bank account linking status with your Aadhaar number by using the mobile phone.
Here is a step-by-step guideline to check through your mobile phone whether your Aadhaar has been linked with your bank link account or not.
Step 1: A mobile number that is registered with UIDAI dial *99*99*1#.
Step 2: Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number.
Step 3: Re-enter your Aadhaar number and click on send.
The status will be displayed if your Aadhar card is linked with your bank account. There will be a case in which your Aadhaar is not linked with your bank account.
Did you know
Aadhaar is a 12-digit Unique Identification number that is issued by the UIDAI identification authority of India, which is a government executive body.
Linking your mobile number and bank account with Aadhaar is not mandatory, as per the supreme court ruling. By linking an Aadhar card with both a mobile number and bank account beneficiary can avail of many benefits. So the Aadhaar card serves as a single document both for proof of address and proof of identification. For Identity proof, in earlier days, we needed many documents, but now we can easily do that by Aadhaar.
- Opening a bank account Aadhaar card is enough. It is a vital KYC document.
- Anyone who wants to apply for insurance or any telecom services by linking an Aadhaar card can avail of these facilities.
- By linking our Aadhaar number, we can do a lot of things safely like money transactions, by mobile, and withdrawal of cash in the bank.
- As an Aadhaar card is related to retina scan and fingerprint which can never be duplicated so, false Aadhaar cards can’t be made, which is the main drawback of other cards.
- The Aadhaar card is used as the document of proof when opening a bank account under the Pradhan Mantri Yojana in the nation.
- Linking bank accounts with Aadhaar cards is beneficial to avail of any social schemes and subsidies of government.
- If an Aadhar card is linked with a bank account will get its set of LPG subsidies directly accredited in the bank account.
- Under the MGNREGA scheme, almost 1 crore workers who use When I link my bank accounts, shares, mutual funds, and mobile phones with Aadhaar, will not get this informationAadhaar to withdraw their wages every month, and almost 30,00,000 pensioners.
- It proves very helpful to the transaction through the BHIM app, where your fingerprint is scanned so less chance of fraud.
- Another very important thing is that by using aadhar the subsidies are directly transferred to the bank accounts of the concerned beneficiary through DBT. As aadhar is a unique identification of all the registered users that store the biometrics data, it will be difficult for anyone to prepare a fake aadhar card and take advantage of the subsidies and benefits of other important schemes.
Words to remember:
mAadhaar: It is the official mobile application through which you can easily access almost all the services that are offered by UIDAI on your mobile. This mobile application is available on both Google Play Store and Apple’s App Store.
UIDAI: Full form of UIDAI is the Unique Identification Authority of India, It is a statutory organization which was formed by the aadhaar act. The role of this organization is to regulate all the services that are necessary for running the aadhar system. UIDAI is responsible for the management of the database of the biometrics information captured during the aadhar registration.
Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT): The process by which eligible consumers’ subsidy is transferred directly to their bank account. This process has reduced the subsidy leakage of the Indian government to a larger extent. DBT has made the lives of all the small farmers, labourers, and workers easy. Through DBT, the money reaches the beneficiary directly.
As per Data of UIDAI’s 96 crore bank accounts out of 110 bank accounts linked with Aadhaar numbers.
Aadhar is an important document that you should have if you are a resident of India. It will help you receive the benefits of various schemes that the Government has started. Linking aadhar with a bank account will create a kind of transparency between the banks and the customers; therefore, it is essential to do so. Hopefully, the article must have helped you link your aadhar with bank accounts.
Suppose a user is not eligible or does not wish to take advantage of government schemes and related services. In that case, it is not necessary to link an Aadhaar number with a bank account.
Frequently Asked Question
Ans. No, there are no charges for checking status.
Ans. No, UIDAI gets information when I link my Aadhaar with mutual funds, shares, bank accounts, and mobile companies.
Ans. By dialling *99*99# with your, UIDAI registered mobile number.
Ans. According to the government of India, All the citizens can link their Aadhaar with a bank account.