AU Small Finance Bank started its journey as an NBFC in 1996 and got into the banking sector in April 2019. It has 692 branches and 514 ATMs all over India as of March 2022. The small finance bank offers small business loans to MSMEs, personal loans, house loans, gold loans, fixed deposits and other commercial banking products. AU Bank fixed deposit has an AA+ Credit Rating.
Read on to know AU Small Finance Bank FD rates for regular and senior citizens.
AU Small Finance Bank, just like most banks and NFCS, offers a higher FD interest rate to senior citizens. This makes it a lucrative opportunity for depositors aged above 60.
Refer to the following tables for AU Small Finance bank FD interest rates:
|FD Tenure||FD Interest Rate*|
|7 Days to 1 Month 15 Days||3.75%|
|1 Month 16 Days to 3 Months||4.25%|
|3 Months 1 Day to 6 Months||5.00%|
|6 Months 1 Day to 12 Months||6.75%|
|12 Months 1 Day to 15 Months||7.75%|
|15 Months 1 Day to 18 Months||7.50%|
|18 Months 1 Day to 24 Months||7.50%|
|24 Months 1 Day to 36 Months||8.00%|
|36 Months 1 Day to 45 Months||7.75%|
|45 Months 1 Day to less than 60 Months||7.25%|
|60 Months to 120 Months||7.25%|
|FD Tenure||FD Interest Rate*|
|7 Days to 1 Month 15 Days||4.25%|
|1 Month 16 Days to 3 Months||4.75%|
|3 Months 1 Day to 6 Months||5.50%|
|6 Months 1 Day to 12 Months||7.25%|
|12 Months 1 Day to 15 Months||8.25%|
|15 Months 1 Day to 18 Months||8.00%|
|18 Months 1 Day to 24 Months||8.00%|
|24 Months 1 Day to 36 Months||8.50%|
|36 Months 1 Day to 45 Months||8.25%|
|45 Months 1 Day to less than 60 Months||7.75%|
|60 Months to 120 Months||7.75%|
*Applicable to only Indian residents who are senior citizens & have an existing relationship with AU Bank
|FD Tenure||FD Interest Rate (Regular Citizen)||FD Interest Rate (Senior Citizen)|
|7 Days to 1 Month 15 Days||N/A||N/A|
|1 Month 16 Days to 3 Months||N/A||N/A|
|3 Months 1 Day to 6 Months||4.98%||5.47%|
|6 Months 1 Day to 12 Months||6.71%||7.21%|
|12 Months 1 Day to 15 Months||7.70%||8.19%|
|15 Months 1 Day to 18 Months||7.45%||7.95%|
|18 Months 1 Day to 24 Months||7.45%||7.95%|
|24 Months 1 Day to 36 Months||7.95%||8.44%|
|36 Months 1 Day to 45 Months||7.70%||8.19%|
|45 Months 1 Day to less than 60 Months||7.21%||7.70%|
|60 Months to 120 Months||7.21%||7.70%|
*To know AU Small Finance Bank Interest rate on FD for deposits of more than ₹2 crores, please get in touch with your nearest AU Bank branch.
Fixed deposit is a popular choice of investment among risk-averse investors as well as investors who want to diversify their portfolios. Apart from availing lucrative FD rates of AU Small Finance Bank, here are some of the reasons why you should consider investing in an AU Small Finance FD:
- Fixed deposit offers guaranteed returns which are free from market fluctuations.
- FDs offer higher interest rates as compared to other traditional banking investment options such as Savings Accounts.
- Senior citizens can enjoy a higher rate of interest on their savings and yield good returns during their retirement.
- FDs are easy to maintain and monitor as you don’t need to keep an eye on the market conditions. You just need to remember the maturity date.
- You can opt for the auto-renewal facility, which automatically reinvests the accumulated fund upon maturity.
- Regular FD has high liquidity. You can withdraw the funds if required. However, most financial institutions charge a penalty for the same.
- You can enjoy tax benefits of up to Rs. 1.5 lakh under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act if you invest in a tax-saver FD.
Using the AU small finance bank FD calculator is an easy and time-saving process. It is a great alternative to the manual calculation process of calculating the maturity amount and interest accumulated, which can turn out to be quite complex and leave room for error.
Here are the steps to use the FD calculator:
- Step 1: Navigate to the FD calculator page.
- Step 2: Enter the values such as FD amount, FD interest rates in AU small finance bank, and the tenure of investment.
- Step 3: Click on “Calculate”.
You will be able to view the amount receivable at maturity along with interest accumulated on the screen within a second. You can change the values for each aspect in the calculator and compare different types of FD schemes.
AU Small Finance Bank FD rates can go up to 8% for regular citizens and 8.50% for senior citizens. The FDs also come with various options for tenure. If you want further details, you can visit the nearest AU bank branch or give a call on their customer care number.
AU Small Finance Bank FD Rates FAQs :-
The minimum and maximum tenure of AU Bank FD is 7 days and 10 years, respectively.
Yes, you can opt for a monthly or quarterly payout option at AU Bank for your fixed deposit scheme.
Senior citizens can earn a maximum of 8.50% interest on an AU Bank FD; however, this rate of interest is only applicable on a tenure of 24 Months 1 Day to 36 Months at AU Bank. The interest rates are subject to change at the bank’s discretion.