Do you have an EPF account? If you’re an employee, chances are that you probably have one. That said, every EPF member must know the ways for an EPF balance check, i.e. how to check the balance in their EPF account. The easiest way is to give a missed call on the EPF balance check number: 011-22901406.
Other ways on how to check EPF balance include EPF Balance Check SMS number, via EPFO Member Portal or the UMANG mobile app. Let’s know about these options in detail.
How to Check EPF Balance?
As stated above, there are 4 different ways of checking one’s EPF balance. These are tabulated below:
|MODES TO CHECK EPF BALANCE||PARTICULARS|
|1. EPF Balance Check Number – Missed Call||011-22901406|
|2. EPF Balance Check – SMS||“EPFOHO UAN LAN” to 7738299899 (LAN = Language options)|
|3. EPF Balance Check Online – EPFO Member Portal||Using UAN and Password|
|4. EPF Balance Check Mobile – UMANG App||Using UAN-linked mobile no., UAN and OTP|
Important: To use any of these options, one must have their UAN activated with EPFO. Click on any of the above modes to know in detail.
Checking EPF Balance Via Missed Call
For EPF balance check on mobile number, members can dial the EPFO missed call number, which is:
For this option, it must be noted that the mobile number must be linked to the respective UAN.
Check EPF Balance Via SMS
An easy way to check one’s EPF account balance or to know if the EPF contribution for the previous has been credited, they can opt for the SMS option. Draft an SMS in the following format:
“EPFOHO UAN LAN” to 7738299899
LAN = Language code.
Languages in which EPF balance check SMS can be sent/received:
*English is the default language.
EPF Balance Check Online – EPFO Member Portal
If one wishes to check their EPF balance online, they can do so using the EPF Passbook Login Portal.
Steps to check EPF balance online via the EPF Passbook.
- Go to EPF Member Passbook Login Page.
2. Type in your UAN and Password and hit the “Login” button.
3. Select the Member ID for which you want to get the EPF passbook. (In case of multiple member IDs)
4. Click on “View Passbook [OLD: FULL]”. (If you want to check only the yearly passbook, click on the first option of “NEW YEARLY”.)
5. Total EPF balance along with share employee(EE) and employer (ER) share will be displayed on the screen.
Checking EPF Balance via UMANG
To check your EPF balance online using your mobile phone, UMANG mobile app can be used. Steps to check EPF balance online on mobile are given below:
- Install and register the UMANG app on your mobile phone.
- Go to “All Services” from the bottom menu.
- Type “EPFO” in the search bar and click on the result.
- Click on “View Passbook”.
- Enter your “UAN Number” and click on “Get OTP”.
- Enter the OTP received on your linked mobile number.
- Click on Submit to view the EPF passbook.
- EPF passbook is available after 6 hours of registration at the PEFO portal.
- Passbook facility is not available for members of the exempted establishments and for the settles or inoperative members
- EPF balance check via SMS can be done in 9 Indian languages and English
|Read more about EPF:|
|EPF Rules for Employers||EPF Correction Form||EPF Passbook|
|EPF Calculator||EPF Interest Rate||EPF Pension|
|EPF Contribution||EPF Online Claim||EPF Premature Withdrawal|
|Read more about UAN:|
|Read more about EPFO:|
|EPFO E-Sewa||EPFO Online Payment||EPFO KYC Online Update|
|EPFO Establishment||EPFO Member Portal||EPFO Registration Process|
|Read more about EPF Forms:|
|EPF Form 10C||EPF Form 19||EPF Withdrawal Form 31|
EPF Balance Check: FAQs
EPF balance check query can be sent and received in 10 languages, viz. Hindi, English, Tamil, Telugu, Gujarati, Bengali, Punjabi, Malayalam, Kannad and Marathi. balance.
You can use the EPFO member portal or EPFO Passbook option on the website. Also, you can check EPF balance using UMANG mobile app.
011-22901406 is the EPF balance check missed call number.
Send “EPFOHO UAN LAN” to 7738299899 (LAN = Language options).
Yes, it is mandatory to link UAN with Aadhaar. Here’s how you can link your UAN with your Aadhaar.
Helpdesk number for EPF-related queries: 1800 11 8005