A passbook is a conventional booklet for keeping a record of the transactions in a bank account. This is issued to every customer who opens an account with a bank. It is a tangible ledger of transactions and has records of deposits and withdrawals, interest earned, interest collected, and balance in the account. Customers of Bandhan Bank can review their financial dealings with the help of the Bandhan Bank Passbook
Bandhan Bank does not provide the facility of an e-passbook. The bank follows the traditional method of issuing passbooks, the booklet for keeping a record of your operations in the savings account. Bandhan Bank Passbook has all the transactions in your account recorded date-wise in chronological order, along with the details of the transaction and the balance available after each transaction.
On opening an account with Bandhan Bank, the bank will issue a passbook to keep a record of the transactions in your account. The passbook is nothing but a notebook that contains information about the activities in your account. Elements included in the passbook are debits (outgoing funds), credits (incoming funds), details of payments made to loan accounts, fixed deposit interest credited, etc. The steps given below will enable an effective use of the Bandhan Bank passbook.
- Collect a passbook from the bank on opening an account. The passbook will have the details of the initial deposit made on opening the account.
- Bandhan Bank Passbook update, whenever there is a transaction in your account, is very important. You should carry the passbook with you whenever you visit the bank to either deposit or withdraw funds. The entry in the passbook will be the amount withdrawn or deposited, the date of the transaction, and any relevant reference number.
- Bandhan Bank passbook is the pre-internet method of maintaining a record of transactions in a savings account when there were no computers or SMS alerts to give you regular intimation about what is happening in your account.
- Review your passbook regularly to check if all the transactions are recorded accurately. If you are parallelly maintaining a record of your transactions, you can verify the same with the transactions entered in the passbook. This will make an effective reconciliation of accounts.
- Reviewing will also help you spot discrepancies if any, and get them rectified on time and avoid financial loss.
- You should get a Bandhan Bank Passbook update after every transaction or at regular intervals. This habit will keep you informed about the activities in your account to manage your finances effectively.
- With passbook kiosks provided in banks now, you need not stand in long queues for passbook entry. Printing of the entries will be done in a jiffy in these passbook kiosks
- Store the passbook properly. If kept in a damp place, the entries may fade out, and the dampness may damage the passbook.
Bandhan Bank does not provide the facility of an e-passbook. You will have to maintain a record of your transactions through the passbook that comes along with the welcome kit issued by the bank at the time of opening an account. If all the pages in the passbook are exhausted, the bank provides a new passbook for further entries. But if you lose a passbook or the passbook is damaged, you will have to apply for a duplicate passbook. The procedure for obtaining a duplicate passbook is given below:
- Visit the Bandhan Bank home branch
- Collect an application form for a new passbook/duplicate passbook
- Fill in the details, like the account number and name of the account holder.
- Mention the reason for the issuance of a new passbook
- Enclose self-attested copies of identity proofs like Aadhar Card, PAN, Driving Licence, etc
- Affix your signature on the request form and submit it to the concerned bank official
- You can also write a letter addressed to the Manager of Bandhan Bank’s home branch. Provide all the details mentioned above in the letter, enclose the required documents, and hand them over to the bank official.
- Generally, the latest entries will be given in the duplicate passbook. In case you need old entries, the bank will collect scheduled fees for the service.
What are the Details mentioned in Bandhan Bank Passbook?
When the customer opens an account, Bandhan Bank issues a passbook which will have details printed on the first page, and the rest of the pages will be blank or will have one transaction printed, i.e., the initial deposit amount with the date of transaction. The components of the passbook are:
On the first page:
- Name of the account holder
- Contact address of the account holder
- Account Number
- Mobile number/landline number of the account holder
- Customer ID of the account holder
- The type of Account (if there are various types of savings accounts)
- Name of the Bank
- Address of the Bank
- IFSC Code of the branch
- Account opening date
- Nominee details
Once you start operations in the bank, the subsequent pages will have the following details
- Date of the transactions
- Description of the transaction like entity’s name, reference no, etc.
- Withdrawal entries
- Deposit entries
- Balance on a transaction date after all the transactions for that date.
On opening an account with the Bandhan Bank you will get a passbook. This will be issued free of cost. The bank does not collect charges whenever the pages in the passbook are exhausted and a new passbook is issued.
However, the Bank collects charges for the issue of a duplicate passbook in the event of loss of the passbook or if the passbook is damaged.
The bank charges Rs. 100 for issuing a duplicate balance with the current balance. For old entries, the bank charges Rs. 100 for every 40 entries.
The benefits of the Bandhan Bank Passbook are:
- It is an easy, compact and transportable way to track financial transactions and account balances
- Transactions can be recorded immediately in the passbook providing users with updated account balances instantly.
- Passbooks are effortless aids for reconciling accounts as they provide transaction history in chronological order.
- It is beneficial for people who are not tech-savvy.
- It enables users to monitor their spending habits and plan budgets effectively.
- Bandhan Bank Passbooks serve as evidence in case of any discrepancies or disputes with the Bank.
- The passbook also serves as valid address proof.
Bandhan Bank Passbook : FAQs
Savings Bank account holders will get a passbook on opening an account with the bank.
You should give a request for Bandhan Bank Passbook in writing when you need a duplicate passbook. The duplicate passbook will be issued if your passbook is damaged or when it is lost or stolen.
It is ideal to get the passbook updated whenever there is a transaction in your account. This will enable a real-time account balance update so that you are aware of your financial status.
For the first time when the account is opened, Bandhan Bank does not charge for a passbook. If you request a duplicate passbook, the bank will collect Rs. 100 for issuing a duplicate passbook with a current balance. If you need old entries, the bank will charge Rs. 100 for every 40 entries.
Yes. Bandhan Bank passbook is a valid address proof.