India Post Payment Bank (IPPB) was established in 2018 by the Government to provide banking financial services to the underbanked and unbanked areas of the country. The bank operates under the Department of Posts, Ministry of Communications, and is designed to utilize the extensive postal network of India.
IPPB provides services like savings and current accounts, transfer of funds, bill payments, etc., through its mobile banking platforms and post office network. IPPB aims to bring in financial inclusion and digital banking and make banking services accessible to the remotest areas in the country.
The other services provided by the IPPB are balance enquiry, mini statement, customer support and many more. Read on to understand the various ways for IPPB balance checks.
This is how to check balance in India Post Payment Bank through a toll-free number.
Step 1: Dial the India Post Payment Bank Balance Check Number- 155299 from the mobile number registered with the bank
Step 2: Follow the IVRS command.
Step 3: Choose the language
Step 4: Select the account for which you need to know the balance
Step 5: Select the ‘get balance option’ to get your account balance
To make the balance check process simple and hassle-free, India Post Payment Bank provides the facility through missed call service. To use the service, you will have to
- Give a missed call to India Post Payment Bank Balance Enquiry Number- 8424054994 to register your mobile number for missed call service.
- The mobile number to make the missed call should be linked to your savings or current account.
- After registering for the missed call service, give a missed call to 8424046556 from the mobile number.
For India Post Payment Bank balance check through SMS Banking, you should follow a few simple steps
- Register your mobile number linked to your India Post Payment Bank Savings account or current account by sending an SMS ‘REGISTER’ to 7738062873.
- Send an SMS ‘BAL’ from the registered mobile number to 7738062873
To register for India Post Payment Bank SMS Banking, send an SMS ‘REGISTER’ from the mobile number linked to your savings or current account with the bank. This service is very convenient for balance checks because
- All mobile devices support IPPB SMS Banking.
- You can use the SMS Banking service without an Internet connection
- The SMS Banking service is available 24×7
If you have registered for an Internet Banking facility, this is how to check balance in India Post Payment Bank from the comfort of your home.
Step 1: Login to your India Post Payment Bank net banking account using the user Id and password.
Step 2: Go to the ‘Accounts’ option on the interface page.
Step 3: Click on the ‘Account Type’
Step 4: Select the account for which you need the balance
Step 5: Click on the ‘View Statement’ option
Step 6: The transactions in your account along with the balance will be displayed on the screen.
The IPPB mobile app is another option to check your account balance. To understand how to check balance in India Post Payment Bank using IPPB mobile app, follow the instructions given below.
Step 1: Download the app from Google Play Store or App Store
Step 2: After the installation is complete, click on the ‘Open’ tab
Step 3: The page for registration will appear on the screen
Step 4: Enter your Customer ID, Date of Birth and Account Number
Step 5: Click on the ‘Register’ button
Step 6: On the next page, set your 4-digit MPIN
Step 7: Key in the OTP sent to your mobile number
Step 8: Post the registration, log in to the mobile app using the user ID and MPIN
Step 9: Your account summary will be displayed on your mobile screen.
India Post Payments Bank customers can easily check their account balance by visiting the nearest ATM, including those of other banks. Follow these simple steps:
- Go to the closest ATM.
- Insert your ATM card.
- Choose the “Balance Enquiry / Balance Check” option.
- Instantly view your India Post Payments Bank account balance on the ATM screen.
You can register for India Post Payment Bank Balance through various options.
- Send an SMS ‘REGISTER’ to 7738062873 from your mobile linked to your savings or current account with IPPB
- Give a missed call to 8424054994 from your mobile number linked to your savings or current account with IPPB
- You can also download the IPPB app and register using some simple steps and login to the app with your user ID and MPIN to view the account summary.
The following are the benefits of IPPB Bank balance enquiry services:
- You can check your account balances at any time and anywhere without having to visit the branch.
- Various channels are available for balance checks. This gives you the convenience of choosing the option you are comfortable with. You can get your account balance by sending an SMS or giving a missed call. You can use the mobile banking app or visit the nearest ATM to check your account balance. Balance check through Internet Banking is also possible.
- Instant access to account information helps you to stay updated about your financial status and enables efficient financial management and informed decision-making.
- Balance enquiry services through mobile app and Internet banking are available 24×7 and provide you with the flexibility to check your account balance on weekends and holidays as well.
- With regular balance checks, you can understand your spending pattern and curb expenses wherever possible.
- Regular monitoring will help identify unauthorised transactions without delay and prevent financial loss.
- The balance enquiry facility is provided free of cost, making it the most cost-effective way to stay informed about your financial status.
India Post Payment Bank Balance Check FAQs
What is IPPB Whatsapp Banking?
What are the Whatsapp Banking Services provided by IPPB?
● Balance enquiry
● Locate the nearest post office
● Get digital banking information
● Enquire about the various products of the bank
● Send request for doorstep banking