Passbook is a convenient financial tool that provides an overview of the monetary activities in a bank account. You can track transactions, account updates, and savings seamlessly in this compact booklet. Every deposit and withdrawal will be recorded in the passbook. Your money matters will be kept organised and secure in a tangible format.
The Punjab and Sind Bank Passbook is a vital financial tool offered to its account holders. It serves as a tangible record of the banking transactions including withdrawals, deposits, interest earned and balance updates. You can conveniently track the activities in your account and maintain an elaborate financial history through this passbook. The monetary dealings will be recorded systematically which will give a sense of security. Though most of the banking transactions are digitised, Punjab and Sind Bank Passbook has retained this traditional method of issuing passbooks and has not yet introduced the Punjab and Sind Bank e Passbook facility. However, customers can view and download account statements through Internet Banking and Mobile Banking.
Having an account with the bank provides convenience for financial dealings. To make it more seamless, the bank provides a Punjab and Sind Bank passbook upon opening an account for you to maintain a log of your transactions. It is practically impossible to memorise every transaction you conduct through your account with the bank. The passbook serves the purpose as every transaction conducted through your account will be recorded systematically in the passbook.
To use the passbook purposefully
- Punjab and Sind Bank passbook update regularly is important for you to be aware of your financial status at all times.
- You should know your account balances before heading to make any withdrawals or issuing a cheque.
- On reviewing your passbook, you should be able to plan your investments while having sufficient funds for your monthly expenses. This will be possible only if every record to date is entered in the passbook. Otherwise, you make wrong decisions and end up in a financial crisis.
- Also, by regularly updating and reviewing your passbook, you can identify discrepancies which can be reported to the bank for rectification immediately.
- So, make it a point to carry your passbook whenever you visit the bank and get it updated promptly.
- With passbook printing kiosks made available at bank branches and ATMs, the long waiting for passbook entries is eliminated.
Punjab and Sind Bank e Passbook facility is not available as of now. The Bank provides a manual passbook upon opening an account. When the pages in a passbook are exhausted the bank provides a new passbook for further entries.
However, if you need a duplicate passbook for reasons like lost, stolen, or damaged, you will have to apply for a passbook. The procedure for applying for a duplicate passbook is given below:
- Write an application for a duplicate passbook addressed to the branch manager. The letter should have the following information along with a request for issuing a duplicate passbook with the reasons mentioned.
- Name of the account holder
- Account Number
- Mobile Number
- Mode of delivery
- The entries required (from and to date). Otherwise, you will get a duplicate passbook with the current balance
- Enclose copies of the address and photo identity proofs.
- Visit the home branch of the bank and submit the duly signed letter along with the documents.
- The bank will issue the passbook upon verification of the details.
Once you receive the passbook, you should check for the following:
- Whether there is a barcode. A barcode will have all your account details and is very essential for printing the passbook. Otherwise, the printer will not be able to capture the details of your account.
- Whether your name and other personal details are printed properly. Otherwise, you should get it corrected immediately.
- If all the entries are as per your requirements.
The first page of the Punjab and Sind Passbook will have the personal details of the account holder and the details of the bank branch. The rest of the pages will be for recording the transactions in the account.
The details available on the first page are:
- Name of the Bank
- Name and Address of the Branch
- IFSC Code of the branch
- Contact details of the branch
- Name and Address of the Account Holder
- Type of Account
- Account Number
- Customer ID
- Date of Birth
- Account Opening Date
- Nominee Name
- Nominee Registration Number
The transaction pages will have the following details:
- A detailed record of the transactions including withdrawals, deposits, and transfers. Each entry includes the date, transaction type and the corresponding amount. The particulars of the transaction like the sender/receiver details, reference number of the transaction (relating to the mode of a transaction)
- The passbook displays the current balance after each transaction. This facilitates easy Punjab and Sind Bank balance check and keeps you informed about your financial health.
- It reflects the interest earned on fixed deposits or income from any other investments made. You will be able to monitor your savings growth.
- Details of cheques cleared, funds settled, return of cheques, dishonoured auto-debits, bank charges collected, etc. will also reflect in the passbook.
The bank does not collect any charges for issuing a passbook upon opening an account and for continuation passbooks. If you require a duplicate passbook, the bank collects Rs. 100/- for issuing a duplicate passbook with the current balance.
You can derive numerous benefits from the Punjab and Sind Bank Passbook. The convenience it provides for monitoring your account makes it an indispensable financial tool. The key benefits of the Punjab and Sind Bank Passbook are:
- It provides a clear and systematic picture of all the transactions in your account. The details include deposits, withdrawals, and transfers.
- The Punjab and Sind Bank balance check will be possible at any time if you update the passbook regularly. Frequent Punjab and Sind Bank passbook update will give a clear picture of the funds available in your account.
- A review of the passbook will give you an idea of your spending pattern to curtain unnecessary expenses and plan your budget.
- There is no risk of unauthorised access to your financial information unless you do not safely keep the passbook.
- The passbook serves as evidence for any discrepancies or disputes in account transactions for getting the issues settled with the bank.
- It is beneficial for people who are not comfortable with digital platforms.
- When you have to close the account, the passbook provides an overall account history and simplifies the settlement process.