The CSB Passbook is an important financial tool offered by the bank to its account holders. It serves as a comprehensive record of the banking transactions of the account holder, including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, interest earned, bank charges paid, etc. The CSB e-Passbook facilitates efficient monitoring of finances and fosters trust and convenience in the banking experience
The Catholic Syrian Bank Passbook is a physical record of the account holder’s banking transactions with CSB Bank, a leading private sector bank in India. The passbook is a personalized ledger that documents all the activities in the account, including deposits, withdrawals, interest earned, interest charged, etc. Customers can get their passbooks updated at any of the bank’s branches and verify their account balances and transaction history.
The user-friendly format of the CSB Passbook provides a clear and brief overview of the financial activities in the account. It enables the customers to monitor their funds flow effectively. It is especially useful for people who are comfortable with the legacy method and are not too comfortable with online operations.
CSB Bank has now introduced the digital version of the passbooks i.e., the CSB E-passbook, which eliminates the need to visit the branch and get the passbook updated after every transaction. All you have to do is download the CSB E-passbook app, and the details of your transactions are at your fingertips. You will need CSB E-Passbook Client ID and MPIN to log in to the mobile application.
How to Use The CSB E-Passbook?
CSB Bank provides you with the option of a manual as well as an online passbook facility. To use the CSB E Passbook facility, you do not have to submit any application, you can generate an MPIN after installing the CSB E Passbook app and start using it. The Client ID in CSB E-Passbook is the same client ID available in your account statement or the manual passbook. You will have access to various features using the app. They are:
- Registration and deregistration of the mobile device without depending on the branch
- You are accessing multiple client IDs in the same app on a single device.
- Sharing your account details via WhatsApp/SMS/E-mail
- All account transactions are updated automatically
- You can search for a particular transaction through amount, transaction type, or remarks.
- Keep track of activities in your accounts
- Need not depend on SMS alerts. The transactions will be updated automatically in the e-passbook
- Get account statements instantly
- Can access the app offline as well
- Search and filter facility provided to track a transaction
If you have a manual passbook
- Get the passbook updated through any branch of the bank.
- To have up-to-date information about the activities in your account, you should get the passbook updated at regular intervals.
- Periodically review and reconcile the entries with your personal ledger to avoid any miss outs.
- Regular review will help you to identify discrepancies in the transactions and get them rectified soon and avoid financial losses.
- Keep the passbook safe and secure as it is a record of all your transactions history and will come in handy whenever you have any dispute or doubt about a particular transaction.
A manual passbook will have the following details on the first page.
- Name of the Account Holder
- Address of the account holder
- Account Number
- Type of Account
- Customer ID
- Date of Birth of the Account Holder
- Date of account opening
- Nominee details
- Name of the Bank and branch
- Address of the branch
- IFSC Code of the branch
The CSB E-Passbook and the subsequent pages of the manual passbook will have the following details
- When you deposit or withdraw cash, the details that will reflect in the passbook/e-passbook will be the date of transaction, amount, self or a third party (payee’s name in the case of cash withdrawal by a third party by submitting a cash cheque)
- For funds transfer to third parties, the date of transaction, name of the payee, mode of transfer, reference number, and purpose of transfer will be reflected in the passbook/e-passbook.
- For funds received into the account through third-party transfer, the details available in the passbook will be the date of transaction, sender’s name, mode of transfer, reference number, purpose of transfer, and amount.
- For EMI deductions the loan number, amount, and the date of the transaction will be available.
- During reconciliation, the details available for every transaction will be of great use as it will clarify any doubt you have about any entry.
The Bank does not collect any charges for downloading the E-passbook app. Charges are not collected for providing a passbook at the time of opening the account. For issuing new passbooks on completion of the pages, the bank does not collect charges.
However, the bank charges Rs. 100 for issuing a duplicate passbook. If transaction history is required, the bank charges Rs. 20 per page.
The passbook is a very important financial document. The benefits of the CSB Passbook are:
- It serves as a perpetual record of account statements. It preserves the history of all the transactions made in your account.
- You will have to just refer to the booklet whenever you have to review your account activity. The details such as transaction dates, debit and credit amounts, particulars of the transaction, and account balances are readily available in the passbook.
- The CSB Passbook helps you to track and monitor the monetary activities in your account enabling you to manage your cash flow to maintain financial health.
- It is very helpful when you have multiple accounts as you can easily understand your savings and expenditure and effectively manage your finances. It aids you in planning and achieving your financial objectives by understanding the funds movements.
- The passbook is an effective tool to assess your financial worth and repayment capacity when you apply for a loan.
- It can also be utilized for filing accurate income tax returns.
- The passbook is also considered valid identity proof.
Additional benefits of the CSB E Passbook are:
- CSB E passbooks are time-saving. You need not visit the branch or the ATM for passbook updation. With CSB E Passbook, you can instantly access the latest information on your mobile device.
- CSB E passbooks are highly convenient for people with busy schedules. You can effortlessly view recent bank transactions from anywhere and at any time without having to physically visit a branch or an ATM.
- If you need to preserve the transaction history, the CSB E Passbook provides you with the download option. You can either download a mini statement or a detailed statement.
- Unlike traditional passbooks where you can have details of only one account, the CSB E passbook gives a comprehensive solution. You can access transaction details for all accounts if you have multiple accounts by choosing the specific account.