Axis Bank is one of the leading scheduled commercial banks in India prevailing in the private banking sector. The bank offers all the basic banking services like savings account, current account, fixed deposits and current deposits along with credit cards, loans and more. To circle the digital India move, the bank provides online banking service via its Axis Bank net banking option along with the mobile banking app. Let’s know more about the bank in the post below.
Axis Bank Savings Account Interest Rate, 2023
Here’s the list of interest rates for Axis Bank Savings Account based on the type of account you have:
|Account Balance||Applicable Rate of Interest w.e.f. 1st Jun, 2022|
|Less than Rs 50 Lakhs||3.00% p.a.|
|Rs. 50 Lacs and up to less than Rs. 800 Crs||3.50% p.a.|
Disclaimer: Interest rates are subject to changes. Please check the official bank website for the most recent data.
Basic Banking Products by Axis Bank
Axis Bank offers a plethora of banking products are listed below:
- Axis Bank Savings Accounts
- Axis Bank Fixed Deposit Accounts
- Axis Bank Loans
- Axis Bank Credit Cards
- Axis Bank Debit Cards
Axis Bank Services
The following are the most popular banking services offered by Axis Bank to its customers:
- Axis Bank Insurance
- Axis Bank Internet Banking
- Axis Bank Mobile Banking
- Digital Rupee
- Axis Bank SMS Banking
- Axis Bank Balance Enquiry Services
- Axis Bank ATMs
- NEFT transfers
- RTGS transfers
- Axis Bank UPI
Now, let’s know about these Axis Bank products and services in detail in the following sections.
Axis Bank Savings Accounts
The following are the different types of savings accounts provided by Axis Bank to cater to the deposit needs of its large customer-base:
- Axis Bank Digital Savings Accounts
- Easy Access Digital Savings Account
- Liberty Digital Savings Account
- Prestige Digital Savings Account
- Priority Digital Savings Account
- Burgundy Digital Savings Account
- Other Axis Bank Savings Accounts
- Sahaj Savings Account
- Government Scholarship Savings Account
- Easy Access Savings Account
- Liberty Savings Account
- Prestige Savings Account
- Senior Privilege Savings Account
- Future Stars Savings Account
- Pension Savings Account
- Insurance Agent Account
- Basic Savings Account
- Small Basic Savings Account
To know about the basic features and benefits of all the above-mentioned Axis Bank savings accounts, please go to our Axis Bank Savings Account post.
Axis Bank Zero Balance Savings Account
Axis Bank has a zero balance saving account by the name of Axis ASAP Digital Savings Account which can be opening with no minimum balance and that too online. For opening this account online, you must have your Aadhaar card linked to your PAN and mobile number. No charges are levied if there is zero balance on this account.
Similarly, the bank also provides the Basic Savings Account and Small Basic Savings Deposit Account, which are backed by the Government of India. These account also come with no minimum balance requirement and can be opened with very basic documents. The goal of these two savings accounts is to encompass the marginalized sections of the society in the Indian banking system.
Axis Bank Net Banking Services
Axis Bank offers a plethora of online service via its net banking option, such as:
- Checking Axis Bank account balance
- Getting Axis Bank mini statement
- Downloading Axis Bank account statement
- Pay Axis Bank credit card bill(s)
- Changing Axis Bank Debit Card PIN
- Changing or updating nominee details
- Transferring funds within own Account
- Transferring funds via NEFT, RTGS and IMPS
Axis Bank Mobile Banking
Axis Bank offers its online banking services to its existing customers – on the go – with its mobile banking app, Axis OK and Axis Mobile. These mobile banking apps by Axis Bank can easily be downloaded from App Store and Play Store likewise. There are no charges for using these applications.
You can use the above-mentioned Axis Bank mobile banking apps for the following services:
- Check account balance
- Check account summary
- Transfer funds instantly
- Update KYC details
- Pay credit card bills
- Block or hotlist debit card
- Change debit card PIN
- Generate Green PIN
- Update or generate UPI ID
- Open fixed deposit and more.
Axis Bank Balance Enquiry
To check your Axis Bank account balance anytime and from anywhere using the multiple options offered by the bank such as the Axis Bank balance enquiry number, ATM, SMS banking and more.
Check Axis Bank account balance via:
- Missed Call: 1800 419 5959 (English) AND 1800 419 5858 (Hindi)
- SMS Banking: “BAL” to 8691000002
Both these options are to be exercised from the customers registered mobile number only. Otherwishe the request won’t go through.
- WhatsApp Banking: 7036165000
- Net Banking: Login > Account Summary
- Mobile Banking: Launch app > sign in > Accounts
Axis Bank Mini Statement
To check the last 5 transactions performed in your Axis Bank account, you can check your Axis Bank mini statement via:
- Missed Call: 1800 419 6969 (English) AND 1800 419 6868 (Hindi)
- SMS: SMS “MINI” to 56161600 or 8691000002
The other options include logging into your Axis Bank net banking account and checking the last 10 transactions done in your account directly from the dashboard under the ‘Accounts’ section.
About Axis Bank
Axis Bank was founded in the year of 1993 on the 3rd of December. The bank was formerly known as the UTI Bank from 1993 to 2007. Axis Bank is headquartered in the city of Mumbai, Maharashtra. If we go by the assets, it is one of the largest private sector banks in India. The bank has a strong international presence with offices in countries like Dubai, Singapore and Abu Dhabi etc.
Axis Bank Fund Transfer
To transfer funds from your account to any other bank account, there are various options provided by the Axis Bank, such as:
- Via Cheque – this is the most traditional mode of transferring money. However it requires a stipulated time to credit the amount and thus is a time-taking process. Also, you should only go for the Account Payee Cheque for maximum security of your funds.
- NEFT: National Electronic Funds Transfer is a common online as well as at-the-branch option to transfer funds electronically, within a span of 30 minutes to 2 hours. For online, you can log into your Axis Bank net banking account and go to the Fund Transfers option to initiate the Axis Bank NEFT transfer without any charges. If you’re not using net banking services, you can download the Axis Bank NEFT Form and submit it dully filled and signed at your nearby Axis Bank branch for transferring funds quickly.
- RTGS: Real-Time Gross Settlement is the quickest way of transferring funds above Rs 2 lakhs. There are no charges for doing this online however when done at the branch, it may attract RTGS charges for up to Rs 50 per transaction.
- UPI: Unified Payments System is a fairly new mode of transferring funds but extremely popular. Axis Bank offers this services via its mobile banking app. All you need is register for the Axis Bank UPI service, create your UPI ID and UPI PIN. In this mode, the funds are transferred directly from your bank account to the receiver’s bank account without sharing account details. You only share UPI ID or the UPI QR code.