Federal Bank Statement is a summary of all the transactions in your account for a specific period. It is typically sent by the bank to all its account holders every month or as per the periodicity preferred. If you are one of those who need to update information about your account activities daily, you can do so with several online options to view a Federal Bank Account Statement enabled by the bank.
Federal Bank Statement is a brief of all the transactions in your account recorded date-wise. It will include the withdrawals, deposits, charges collected, interest earned etc. Transactions conducted through various modes will also be recorded in the statement. Procuring the statement on a regular basis and reviewing the same will help you understand your spending habits, spot any wrong credits or debits, make a note of payments that are pending, etc. Timely reporting will help the bank to resolve the issue without delay and this will prevent any financial loss that you might incur.
To register for a Federal Bank Statement you ought to register your Email ID with the bank. The bank will then automatically send the E-statement Federal Bank monthly to your email address. The various procedures for registering your email with the bank are discussed below.
By Visiting The Bank Branch
- Go to the nearest bank branch
- Collect the KYC updation form.
- Fill in the details like name, account number, address, type of account, etc.
- Provide your Email ID in the designated space.
- Affix your signature on the form.
- Submit it along with an address proof to a competent authority in the Bank.
- Obtain acknowledgement.
- Your application will be processed and the email ID updated in your account details.
Through Internet Banking
- Login to your netbanking account using your user ID and password.
- Navigate to the ‘My Accounts’ option
- Under the ‘Accounts Option, choose ‘Profile-Personal Details-Change Email ID’ options.
- Select the Account for which the Email has to be updated.
- Enter the Email ID and click on the ‘Register’ option
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP to authenticate the request.
Here again, the bank has provided several options for Federal Bank Statement Download. The options are given below.
Federal Bank Account Statement Download Through Mobile Banking
- Login to the Fedmobile app.
- Tap on the side-bar on the home screen
- Click on the ‘Service Requests’ option.
- Choose the ‘Statement’ option
- A list of accounts will be displayed if you have multiple accounts.
- Select the account for which you need the statement.
- Either select the period for which you need the statement or provide a date range.
- You can choose to download the statement in PDF format.
- You will need a Federal Bank Statement Password to view the statement.
- The password will be a combination of the four letters of your name in upper case followed by your date of birth in the DDMM format.
Federal Bank Account Statement Download Through Internet Banking
- Login to your netbanking account using login credentials.
- On the next screen, you will find the ‘Accounts’ option to the left.
- Choose the ‘Operative Accounts’ option
- Select the Account for which you need the statement.
- Click on the ‘Statements’ option.
- Enter the from and to date for the statement. You can also choose other options like the last month, the last 3 months, the current financial year, etc
- Choose the format preferred from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the ‘Download’ button.
- Federal Bank Statement will be downloaded to your computer.
On registration of your email ID with the bank, the bank will send e-Federal Bank Statement to your email ID. You will need a Federal Bank Statement Password to open the account statement received in PDF format. The password format instructions will be given in the email. You can generate the password as per the instructions and then open the PDF file.
You will need a Federal Bank Statement Password to open the Federal Bank Statement PDF. The password will be the first four letters of your name as available in the records of the bank. The name should be in CAPs. This will be followed by your date of birth in DDMM format. For instance, if your name is Nita R and your date of birth is 060658, the password will be NITA0606.
Federal Bank Mini Statements can be generated through various options. All the options are user-friendly and you will be able to see the last transactions in your account with just a click.
Mini Statement By Giving A Missed Call
- Dial the Federal Bank Missed Call Service number 8431600600 from your registered mobile number.
- The call will get disconnected after a few seconds automatically.
- You will then receive an SMS alert showing the last 5 transactions on your mobile.
Mini Statement By Sending SMS
- Send an SMS to Federal Bank SMS Banking Number 9895088888 from your registered mobile number.
- The format of the SMS will be <TXN><SB><Last 5 digits of your account number>.
- The mini statement with the last 10 transactions will be sent to your mobile number through SMS.
Mini Statement Through Internet Banking
- Login to your netbanking account with your User ID and Password.
- Click on the ‘My Accounts’ option to the left of the screen.
- Select the ‘Operative Accounts’ option
- Click on the Account for which you need the mini statement.
- Select the ‘Mini Statement’ option
- You will be able to see the last 5 transactions in your account.
Mini Statement Using Debit Card
- Visit any nearest ATM
- Swipe your Federal Bank Debit Card
- Enter the 4-digit PIN
- Choose the Account Type
- Select the ‘Mini Statement’ option.
- The last 5 transactions in your account will be displayed on the screen.
- A printout option is also available.
- This is one way of getting an e-Federal Bank Statement.
Federal Bank Statement : FAQs
Yes. You can get a mini statement by visiting a Federal Bank branch. Carry your passbook with you. The bank official will verify your account with the registered mobile number and then print the transactions in your passbook.
Give a missed call to 8431900900 from your registered mobile number. The call will get disconnected after a few rings. You will receive an SMS alert on your mobile showing the balance in your account.
The Federal Bank SMS Banking number for balance enquiry is 9895088888 or 5676762.
The toll-free numbers for Federal Bank balance enquiry are 1800-425-1199 or 1800-420-1199.
Yes. You can check your mini statement using Federal Bank debit card through visiting ATM.