Open an account in a bank and the bank will provide you with a welcome kit that contains a cheque book, a booklet, and a debit card. The compact booklet is the passbook, a book to record all the transactions conducted through the account. Every time there is monetary activity in the account, it can be recorded in the passbook. You will have a transaction history ready whenever you need them.
The South Indian Bank Passbook is a financial tool that helps you periodically review the financial transactions in your account. All the transactions including withdrawals, deposits, and transfer will be recorded in the passbook systematically making the monitoring of your financial dealings seamless and comfortable.
South Indian Bank also provides South Indian Bank e passbook which is the digital version of the manual passbook. The advantage of this digital passbook is it is available on your mobile device and can be accessed from anywhere and at any time.
The South Indian Bank mobile passbook can be accessed and used by following the procedure given below:
- Access the Google Play Store or App Store and download the South Indian Bank passbook app and open it.
- The charges applicable for the registration will be displayed on the screen which will be automatically debited to your account.
- Enter your mobile number linked to your account along with country code, and the last 5 digits of your account number.
- You will get a four-digit passcode on your mobile through SMS
- Enter the passcode and complete the registration
- To access the South Indian Bank mobile passbook, you will have to enter the passcode after opening the app.
- You will be able to access your account and view your passbook statement, search for transaction history by transaction date, transaction amount, or transaction date.
The South Indian Bank will provide you with a manual passbook once you open an account with the Bank. You can get the passbook updated regularly to record the transactions conducted in the account. The passbook will give you the details of all the transactions and the current balance whenever you need to know.
You will be provided with a manual passbook upon opening an account with the bank and continuation passbooks whenever the pages in the earlier passbooks are full. If you need a duplicate passbook for various valid reasons, you will have to give a written application providing the following details.
- Account Number
- Name of the account holder
- Mobile Number
- Reason for duplicate passbook
- The range of entries required
The bank will collect charges for issuing the duplicate passbook and additional charges for providing transaction history in the passbook.
If you prefer the digital version of the passbook, you should download the South Indian Bank passbook app SIB mPassbook and the South Indian Bank passbook download procedure is given below:
- Access Google Play Store or App Store
- Type SIB mPassbook on the search bar
- The SIB mPassbook icon will be displayed on your mobile screen.
- Click on the icon and install the South Indian Bank Passbook app.
- The application will be downloaded onto your mobile device and you can access your South Indian Bank e passbook by clicking on the app and initiating it with the passcode provided by the bank for this purpose on registration for the app.
The opening page of both the manual passbook and the South Indian Bank mobile passbook will have the personal information of the account holder as well as the branch details in the order given below:
- Name of the Bank
- Branch Name and Address
- Contact Details (Telephone Number)
- IFSC Code of the branch
- Name and address of the account holder
- Date of birth (only in manual passbook)
- Date of account opening (only in manual passbook)
- Customer ID
- Nominee Details (only in manual passbook)
The subsequent pages will have transaction details as given below:
- Date of the transaction
- Debits in the withdrawal column
- Credits in the deposits column
- Details of the sender/receiver
- Reference number (depending on the mode of transaction)
- Transaction Amount
- Balance after each transaction
The bank charges a one-time registration fee for installing and using the South Indian Bank passbook app services. The bank does not collect charges for customers maintaining an average of Rs. 1/- lac and above. For others, the bank collects a one-time registration fee of Rs. 75/- + the applicable GST.
The bank provides a new passbook and continuation passbooks free of cost. The bank collects a fee for providing a duplicate passbook. For a duplicate passbook with the current balance, the bank charges Rs. 20/- and for old entries, the bank charges Rs. 50/- per page.
The South Indian Bank provides both the manual as well as e-passbook. Both passbooks have advantages and suit the preference of customers. Some of them are comfortable with the physical booklet while some prefer having access to their account details on their mobile device.
The benefits of manual passbook
- The transactions like deposits and withdrawals can be recorded immediately. This enables tangible records of your financial activities without relying on digital statements.
- Manual passbooks do not depend on technology and are not prone to technical glitches or server outages.
- You need not worry about access to Internet banking, mobile apps, or ATMs to check your account details.
- By manual recording of transactions, you will be more conscious of your spending habits which will help control your finances effectively.
- There is no risk of online hacking and leakage of sensitive financial data.
- Since all the basic information of the account holder with authentication of a bank official is available in the passbook, it serves as valid proof of address and identification.
- It helps in the accurate filing of income tax returns.
Benefits of the South Indian Bank e-passbook
- The details of your account transactions are available at your fingertips.
- Just a few clicks and you will be able to review your financial status.
- Transactions in the account get recorded automatically in the South Indian Bank online passbook. It eliminates the need of visiting a branch or an ATM to record the transaction.
- SMS alerts and notifications will keep you alert about the happenings in your account. You will be able to detect unauthorised transactions immediately which helps fast rectification.
- Financial loss can be avoided by reporting fraud in your account immediately to the bank.
South Indian Bank Passbook FAQs
What are the features of the South Indian Bank e passbook?
● Check your account balance
● Have access to transaction history
● Add notes to the transaction of your choice