A passbook is a financial tool that serves as a record of an account holder’s financial transactions. It contains details of all the withdrawals and deposits made into the account through various modes along with the transaction date. It also contains the account balances after every transaction. With an updated passbook you will have an immediate overview of your financial status to make informed financial decisions.
Karnataka Bank Passbook is a banking document provided by Karnataka Bank to its account holders. It is a record of all the transactions conducted by the account holder on various dates including deposits, withdrawals, and account balances. The physical passbook can be updated either by visiting any of the bank branches or by using the Passbook Printing Kiosk at any of the Karnataka Bank ATMs.
Karnataka Bank has introduced Karnataka Bank Passbook online which can be accessed through the KBL mPassbook, the Karnataka Bank Passbook app. This app facilitates viewing and downloading account statements in the form of a passbook through their smartphones. It serves as a secure tool to have real-time access to the financial status and also helps in the effective monitoring of personal finances. It is a boon for people who are busy and cannot visit a branch or ATM for information about the activities in their accounts.
If you prefer traditional banking and are comfortable with a manual passbook, this is how you need to use it.
- A passbook is a tool that provides insight into your financial status. You can closely monitor your personal finances through the record of transactions available in the passbook.
- To have up-to-date information and be equipped with the latest financial status, you need to get the passbook updated regularly and more preferably after every transaction.
- Ideally, you should carry the passbook with you whenever you visit the branch so that periodical updations of the transactions are possible.
- Review your accounts and track unnecessary expenses and try to curtail them.
- Report unauthorised transactions or unreasonable debits to your account immediately to get them resolved without losing time. This will avert financial losses.
If you prefer digital passbook, or viewing your transactions using the Karnataka Bank Passbook app, this is how you should do it.
- Download the KBL mPassbook app onto your mobile device from Google Play Store or App Store.
- Open the app and enter your Karnataka Bank Customer ID and the mobile number linked to your account.
- The bank will send an OTP via SMS to your mobile number
- To register, enter the OTP and then create the PBPIN.
- Log in using the PBPIN.
- You will be directed to a page with a display of various options.
- Select the passbook option
- The next page will show your account details and the branch details. At the bottom of the page, you will find an m passbook option. Click on the option and you will be able to see your transaction details in the passbook format.
- Whenever you need information about particular transactions or you need to know your account balance you can log in to the app and get the Karnataka Bank Passbook Statement Online.
To get Karnataka Bank Passbook Statement Online, you will have to download and register for the Karnataka Bank Passbook App. The procedure for the Karnataka Bank Passbook download is:
- Search for the KBL mPassbook App on Google Store by typing KBL App on the search bar.
- The KBL mPassbook will be seen in the app listing. Click on the icon for the app to open.
- Click on the ‘install’ option and the Karnataka Bank Passbook App installation will start. After a few seconds, the app will be installed and downloaded onto your mobile device.
- You can click on the KBL mPassbook App icon and open the App using the four-digit PBPIN.
Karnataka Bank provides a manual passbook by default when you open an account with the Bank. If you prefer maintaining a physical record of the transactions in your account, you should update your passbook regularly to have an overview of the activities in your account.
The digital passbook is similar to the manual passbook. On logging in to the KBL mPassbook with the 4-digit PIN and selecting the ‘Passbook’ option from the icons displayed on the homepage, the front page of the passbook will be displayed. The details on this page include
- Account Number
- Account Type
- Branch Name and Address
- Phone Number
- IFSC Code
- MICR Code
- Customer ID
- Account Name
- Address of Account Holder
On the next page, you will see the transaction details
- Date of the transaction
- Withdrawal, Deposit, and Balance Column
- The details of the transaction that will be available are:
- Debit in the withdrawal column and credit in the deposit column
- Reference Number (depending on the mode of transfer) for both credit and debit
- Sender/Receiver’s details
- In the end, you will have the balance after each transaction.
In the manual passbook, the first page will have the following details
- Name of the Bank
- Name and Address of the Branch
- Telephone Number and Email of the branch
- Name and address of the Account Holder
- Occupation of the account holder
- Customer ID
- Date of birth
- Account opening date
- Name of the Nominee
- Nominee Reg. No
- Signature of the bank’s official
The transaction entries will be made in the subsequent pages and will have the following details
- Date of the transaction
- Particulars of the transaction (Sender/Receiver Details)
- Reference Number (depending on the mode of transfer)
- Withdrawal amount (for debits)
- Deposit amount (for credits)
- Balance after each transaction
The bank does not charge for downloading and using the KBL mPassbook App. The bank provides a passbook on opening an account with the bank as well as a continuation passbook free of cost. If you need a duplicate passbook, the bank charges Rs. 100/- for issuing a duplicate passbook.
Karnataka Bank provides the advantage of manual as well as digital passbooks for the convenience of its customers. Both the manual and digital passbook have their own set of benefits.
Benefits of Karnataka Bank Passbook Statement Online
- Saves time and eliminates the need to visit the branch or ATM for updated information about the transactions in your account.
- The transactions will be automatically populated to the Karnataka Bank Passbook online enabling real-time financial status.
- You can view the passbook whenever you need and from anywhere
- SMS alerts and notifications will give you instant information about the happenings in your account and you can inform the branch immediately if any transaction is not initiated by you and prevent financial loss.
Benefits of Karnataka Bank Manual Passbook
- Do not have to depend on technology for an insight into the activities in your account.
- You will always have a physical record of transaction history for reference whenever there is confusion about any transaction.
- Reviewing the account becomes easy for effective financial management.
- You have a ready reference whenever you intend to reconcile the transactions with the physical ledger maintained by you.
- Any mismatch or unreasonable charges collected by the bank can be reported and rectified.