A bank passbook is an essential tool issued to all savings bank account holders. This is a detailed account statement where all transactions related to the account including withdrawals, deposits, interest earned, interest and bank charges paid, etc are recorded systematically. It is a straightforward account monitoring tool that enables individuals to manage their funds wisely. Periodical updating of the passbook helps have up-to-date information about the financial status.
The UCO Bank passbook is a booklet provided by the bank to its account holders to keep a record of their financial activities. It provides a complete overview of all the financial activities related to the account. The details recorded in the passbook include deposits, withdrawals, interest earned, and any bank charges applied from time to time. The passbook can be updated regularly either by visiting the branch or by using the passbook printers provided at the Bank’s ATM. The UCO Bank manual passbook as well as UCO Bank mPassbook are an easy and convenient way to access account information.
UCO Bank provides both physical passbook as well as UCO mPassbook for the convenience of customers who are comfortable with a manual passbook and the ones who prefer mobile passbooks and appreciate their account information being at their fingertips.
This is how you register on the UCO mPassbook:
- Install the UCO mPassbook app from Google Play Store or App Store onto your mobile device.
- Open the mobile application and click on ‘Continue’ to navigate to the next screen.
- Agree to the terms and conditions by ticking the box provided and proceed to the next page.
- Here, you will have to enter your account number and the mobile number linked to your account and click on ‘Proceed’ to navigate to the next page.
- The application will ask for certain permissions and you will have to allow them.
- On the next page, your name and account number will be displayed. If the details mentioned are correct, click on the ‘Correct’ tab
- On your mobile you will receive an OTP. Key in the OTP and tap on ‘Submit’ to continue
- Set a 4-digit MPIN of your choice. This will complete the registration process.
To use the UCO Bank mPassbook–
- Click on the UCO mPassbook icon on your mobile device.
- Enter the 4-digit MPIN
- On the homepage select the passbook option.
- The details of your primary account will appear on the screen.
- If you have multiple accounts, you can select the required account by clicking on the ‘Change account’ button. Choose the account from the dropdown.
- Click on the ‘Passbook’ option to see details of your transaction
In the case of manual passbooks:
- You will have to carry the passbook with you whenever you visit the bank. If you are depositing or withdrawing cash, the transactions can be immediately updated either by presenting the passbook across the counter for printing or by using the passbook printing kiosk available at the branch.
- For any other transactions like third-party transfers (deposit as well as withdrawal), cheque realisation, etc., you will have to get the passbook updated regularly to have on-the-go information about your financial status.
Obtaining a manual passbook is easy. The bank will provide you with a passbook when you open an account. For access to the digital passbook, i.e., UCO Bank mPassbook, you will have to download the UCO mPassbook app onto your mobile device, register, create an MPIN and then start using the passbook app by logging in with the four-digit MPIN. The procedure for UCO Bank passbook download is:
- Go to Google Play Store or App Store and search for the UCO mPassbook by typing UCO mPassbook on the search bar.
- The UCO mPassbook icon will appear in the listing.
- Click on the icon and you will be directed to the next page.
- Click on the ‘Install’ button. It will take some time for installation.
- The app will now be downloaded onto your mobile device and available whenever you need to view your account details
What are the details mentioned in UCO Passbook’s Front Page?
If you prefer the UCO mPassbook, the UCO Bank passbook details you will view are as given below:
On the opening page you will have the following details:
- Account Number
- Account Type
- Branch Name and Address
- Phone Number
- IFSC Code
- MICR Code
- Customer ID
- Account Name
- Address of Account Holder
On the transaction page, the following details will be available:
- Date of the transaction
- Particulars of the transaction (Sender/Receiver Details)
- Reference Number (depending on the mode of transfer)
- Withdrawal amount (for debits)
- Deposit amount (for credits)
- Balance after each transaction
The UCO Bank passbook details on the first page of manual passbook will be–
- Name of the Bank
- Name and Address of the Branch
- Telephone Number and Email of the branch
- Name and address of the Account Holder
- Occupation of the account holder
- Customer ID
- Date of birth
- Account opening date
- Name of the Nominee
- Nominee Reg. No
- Signature of the bank’s official
The pages meant for recording transaction details will have different columns for the date, particulars of the transaction, reference number, withdrawals, deposits, and balance.
The transaction will be recorded in this manner:
- Date of the transaction
- Particulars of the transaction i.e., details of the beneficiary or sender (depending on whether the funds transfer is a withdrawal or deposit respectively), and purpose of the transfer.
- Reference number (cheque number, NEFT/RTGS/IMPS reference)
- Amount in the withdrawal column or deposit column depending on whether it is a debit or a credit.
- Finally, the balance after each transaction.
UCO bank issues new and continuation passbooks free of cost. For duplicate passbooks, the branch charges Rs. 119/- + applicable GST for a duplicate passbook with the latest entry. For issuing a duplicate passbook with old entries the bank charges Rs. 119 + GST and an additional Rs. 51/- for every 40 entries.
UCO Bank provides manual passbooks as well as digital passbooks to suit the individual needs of its customers. The benefits of the UCO Bank Passbook are:
- Easy access for customers who are not tech savvy or do not have online banking facilities.
- Are not prone to cyber threats and hacking
- Transparent records of withdrawals, deposits, interest earned, and interest paid
- Physical income proof for auditing and verification purposes.
- Give real-time access to account transactions without the need for technology support
- Helps easy monitoring of financial activities.
- Instant access to account transactions through the mobile app.
- Real-time updates on deposits, withdrawals, and interest.
- Convenient and portable alternative to physical passbook.
- Secure login with authentication measures.
- Eco-friendly, reducing paper usage.
- Easy to track finances on the go.