FASTag is an electronic mode of toll payment at toll plazas located on highways. For the convenience of consumers, several channels for the purchase of FASTag are provided including several member banks. South Indian Bank is one of the member banks that issues FASTag for both customers and non-customers. Non-customers can purchase FASTag South Indian Bank online. Customers can purchase the South Indian Bank FASTag through the nearest South Indian Bank by submitting the relevant application form along with the KYC documents and registration certificate of the vehicle.
FASTag is a groundbreaking initiative that enables seamless toll payments while vehicles are in motion. It leverages the Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology for the transaction and facilitates toll payments without any need for the intervention of the driver or toll collector.
Each FASTag device is linked to a bank account and the account is debited with the specified toll every time the vehicle passes a toll plaza. With various channels available for recharge without any hassles, FASTag is a blessing in disguise, especially for those who have to cross toll plazas regularly. It cuts down the journey time and the need to always have cash on hand for making the payments.
South Indian Bank FASTag benefits are manifold. Some of them are mentioned below:
- You no longer have to stop your vehicle and wait in long lines at toll plazas to make toll payments. As your vehicle approaches the toll plaza, the toll reader installed in the toll gates reads your FASTag and deducts the relevant toll charges from the account linked to the tag. This efficient process drastically reduces the waiting time at every toll plaza.
- With South Indian FASTag, you can forget about carrying cash for toll payments. The toll fee is directly deducted from the linked account, ensuring secure payments
- FASTags enable you to breeze through toll gates without the need to wait, resulting in substantial savings in terms of both time and fuel costs.
- Recharging your South Indian Bank FASTag account is a breeze. Users can conveniently top up their account online or at any point of sale (POS) locations at toll plazas, through net banking, the website of the issuer bank, and UPI-enabled apps. Payment options include credit cards, debit cards, or UPI apps.
- South Indian Bank FASTag users can take advantage of an online portal to manage their tag account seamlessly. This portal provides access to various features, including checking tag balance, reviewing transactions, and accessing account information with ease
You can buy FASTag South Indian Bank online through the website of the bank.
- Go to the South Indian Bank official website.
- Under the ‘Value Added Services’ choose the FASTag option
- Click on the ‘Register’ tab
- A FASTag Application form will open on the next page.
- Fill in the application with your personal details and vehicle details.
- Upload your vehicle registration certificate and the required KYC documents.
- Once done, click on the submit button to complete the process.
The South Indian Bank FASTag will be delivered to your registered address.
To buy the SouthIndian Bank FASTag offline follow the steps given below:
- Visit the nearest South Indian Bank branch
- Collect the FASTag application form.
- Fill in the personal details and vehicle details required and affix your signature.
- Submit the completed form along with the KYC documents and RC of your vehicle at the designated counter.
- On verification of the details, the South Indian Bank FASTag will be delivered to your communication address registered with the Bank.
You can purchase South Indian Bank FASTag in the comfort of your home through the bank’s website or by visiting the bank branch. The bank will take some days to deliver the FASTag to your contact address. However, you also have ways to get the South Indian Bank FASTag instantly.
To buy South Indian Bank FASTag Through POS terminals follow the steps given below:
- Make a trip to the closest NETC toll plaza sales office.
- Complete the FASTag application form and provide a copy of your vehicle registration certificate, a passport-sized photograph, and KYC documents for identity and address confirmation.
- Opt for South Indian Bank as your FASTag provider.
- Fulfil the application prerequisites and make the required payment.
- Your FASTag will be promptly issued and can be activated for immediate use.
The South Indian Bank FASTag issued through POS Terminals will not be activated. You will have to visit the bank branch and get your South Indian Bank account linked to FASTag.
You can also activate the FASTag by downloading the My FASTag app. You will have to provide the details such as Customer ID, RFID Number, Wallet ID, and Vehicle Registration Number. Once activated, you will have the flexibility to link your FASTag to any of your existing banks or prepaid wallets.
The FASTag South Indian Bank purchased through the Bank’s website or the bank branch, the tag will be activated before dispatch and you can start using it immediately.
Various channels have been provided for South Indian Bank FASTag recharge online for the convenience of the FASTag users.
Existing South Indian Bank FASTag users can recharge the FASTag through the website of the bank. For South Indian Bank FASTag login, follow the steps given below:
- On accessing the SIB website, select ‘Value Added Services’ under the Personal Banking Menu.
- Then select the ‘NETC FASTag’ option
- Click on ‘Customer Login’
- Enter your login ID. Your registered mobile number will be the login ID.
- Click on ‘Generate OTP’ to get an OTP on your mobile. Key in the OTP
- This will complete the login process.
- Choose the ‘Recharge’ option and enter the desired amount.
- You can make the payment through credit card, debit card, or net banking for FASTag recharge South Indian Bank.
For South Indian Bank FASTag Recharge you can access any UPI-enabled app including Paytm, Google Pay, Amazon Pay,. BHIM UPI, etc. Follow the steps given below to complete the recharge process
- Open the UPI-enabled app
- Click on the FASTag Recharge option
- Select the FASTag provider from the dropdown.
- Enter your vehicle number and proceed to enter the recharge amount.
- Choose the payment option and make the payment.
- On successful payment, your South Indian Bank FASTag account will be credited with the amount.
South Indian Bank FASTag balance check is simplified with various online options available.
- Visit the South Indian Bank website.
- Select ‘Value Added Services’ under the Personal Banking menu
- Click on the ‘NETC FASTag’ option
- Click on the ‘Customer Login’ option and log in with login credentials.
- You can view the FASTag balance once the login is complete. By clicking on the ‘view balance’ option
- Call the South Indian Bank FASTag balance check number 8882504733 from your registered mobile number.
- The call will get disconnected after a few rings.
- The FASTag South Indian Bank balance will be sent via SMS to your mobile number
- You can call the South Indian Bank Customer Care number 1800 425 1809
- Provide the details required.
- The FASTag South Indian Bank balance will be sent via SMS.
Using the South Indian Bank FASTag is straightforward:
- Start by peeling off the white adhesive liner from the tag, and your SIB FASTag is now ready for use.
- Affix the SIB FASTag at the top centre of your windshield, positioned just behind the rearview mirror.
- Please be aware that once the tag is securely attached, it should not be removed and repositioned. Doing so could harm the RFID circuit and render the tag inoperative.
South Indian Bank FASTag FAQ’s:-
You can get a cashback of 2.5% to 5% for toll payments through FASTag
The FASTag once purchased can be used until the toll reader is able to read the FASTag. Once the tag is tampered with due to wear and tear, you will have to replace the tag.
If the NETC equipment fails to read your FASTag you can make a cash payment at the toll booth and proceed.
If you notice that the wrong toll has been collected, you can call the FASTag Customer Care number and report the issue.
The FASTag issuer agency/bank has to be informed if you sell your car. You should close the FASTag account by submitting a closure request.