Nainital Bank Mobile Banking i.e., Naini Mobile is an innovative service curated for tech-savvy customers. Naini Mobile transforms an ordinary mobile phone into an easy-to-use and pleasant banking experience and keeps you connected with your account anytime and anywhere.
Naini Mobile service is versatile and works seamlessly with any handset model and is compatible with both GSM and CDMA service providers without the need for any Nainital Bank Mobile App. Operating Naini Mobile banking is very simple. All you need to do is to enter some simple text messages and you are good to go.
You can effortlessly send and receive money using just a mobile number and a 7-digit MMID number. Register your mobile number with the bank and you can use the mobile services with the MMID provided by the bank.
Naini Mobile is the only Nainital Bank Mobile App like serviceavailable that offers access to two payment services i.e. IMPS and UPI through a mobile handset. The mobile services of Nainital Bank can be utilised with the use of keywords specified for each transaction. For funds transfer through IMPS, all you need is a mobile number and MMID. Downloading and installing any mobile app is not necessary.
To utilise the UPI payment service any UPI-based mobile app can be used and the Nainital bank account can be linked to the app.
With the IMPS facility using Naini Mobile, you can avail of the following services using the transaction keyword stipulated for each transaction:
|To know your MMID||MMID<16-digit account number>|
|To cancel MMID||CANCEL MMID<16-digit account number>|
|To generate MPIN||GMPIN <MMID> <16 digit Account Number> <Validation Data> <New MPIN> The validation data will be 4 numeric digits of your PAN number followed by Date of Birth in MMDDYYYY|
|Mini Statement IMPS||MINI<16 digit account number>|
|P2P-Person-to-Person funds transfer||IMPS <Beneficiary Mobile No> <Beneficiary MMID> <Transaction Amount> <MPIN> <Last 3 digit of Remitter MMID> < Remark >|
|P2A-Person-to-Account funds transfer||IMPS <Beneficiary Account No> <Beneficiary IFSC> <Account Type> <Transaction Amount> <MPIN> <Last 3 digit of Remitter MMID> < Remark > Account type will be: Savings Account: 10 Current Account: 11 Overdraft: 12 Cash Credit: 13 Loan account: 14|
You should send a message to 9219510023 with the format mentioned above depending on the transaction you prefer. The SMS must be from a registered mobile number.
With the UPI facility under Naini Mobile, you can send and receive money using a virtual payment address VPA or UPI ID
For IMPS using Naini Mobile, you need not install any application to activate mobile banking for Nainital bank. All you need to do is to register your mobile number with the bank and get an MMID.
For the UPI facility, you will have to download any UPI-based app. The app is available on Google Play Store or App Store. follow the steps below to process further:
- Type the name of UPI based app you prefer on the search tab of Google Play Store or App Store
- You will see the app in the search list
- Select the application
- You will be directed to the next screen where you will have to click on the install button to install the app
- After the installation is complete click on the ‘Open’ button and start using the UPI facility after completing the registration process
To register for Naini Bank Mobile Banking, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the nearest Nainital Bank branch
- Collect the mobile banking application form
- You can also download the form from the official website of the bank
- Fill in all the required details in the form.
- Submit the form at the branch where you are maintaining your Nainital Bank account (home branch)
The bank will link your account with the mobile number provided in the application form. You will then receive a 7-digit MMID number which has to be mentioned for every banking service.
After obtaining the MMID you can start using Naini Mobile Banking IMPS services by sending a message to 9219510023. Use simple text formats given for each transaction and send an SMS from your registered mobile number.
For the UPI facility you will have to download a UPI-based app on your registered mobile number and link your Nainital Bank account to the app. You can send and receive money using the Virtual Payment Address or UPI ID. To avail of the UPI facility after registering for Nainital Bank Mobile Banking
- Download any UPI-based app like BHIM UPI, GPAY, PayTM etc. to your registered mobile number
- Choose the SIM that is registered if you have a dual SIM facility
- An SMS will be sent from the registered mobile number
- Go to the option ‘Add a Bank’ and select ‘Nainital Bank’
- All the details of the account with Nainital Bank including the account number, and the IFSC Code, are returned to the application.
- If you have multiple accounts with the Bank, select the account that has to be linked.
- Link the bank and the account number to the Virtual ID in the format mobilenumbe@upi.
- If you have not set the UPI ID in the app you can request for an UPI ID set up during the process of adding the account using the debit card details.
Once the linking is done you can send and receive money either using the Virtual Payment Address or the UPI ID.
The key features and benefits of Nainital Bank Mobile Banking Services are:
- You can send and receive money using a mobile number and an MMID
- There is no need to register a beneficiary
- Real-time funds transfer is possible. The beneficiary will get the funds instantly after the completion of the transaction.
- The IMPS facility is available 24×7
- All you need to do is register your mobile number with the bank and you are good to use the mobile services.
- You can use various services of the bank by sending simple text messages using the specific keywords meant for each transaction.
- You can use a single UPI-based app and access multiple accounts.
- Funds transfer using a unique Virtual Payment Address given by the bank
You can transfer and receive funds through IMPS. You can either use the Virtual Payment Address or the UPI ID.
You have two funds transfer options:
- P2P (person-to-person) where the funds are sent from one mobile number to another mobile number. The account numbers mapped to the mobile numbers are to be used for this.
2. P2A (person to account) where the funds are sent from the registered mobile number to an account number using the IFSC Code and account number of the beneficiary.
Nainital Bank Mobile Banking FAQs
Is it necessary to register the mobile number with the bank to use the IMPS service?
The details required for an IMPS transaction are:
1. Mobile number of the beneficiary
2. MMID of the beneficiary